Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Sure is, shocking day altogether. :( Tomorrow will be good! I feel it in my waters! :pac:

Bank - 253.90pts (+153.90pts)

Selections up soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Quiet due to it being Friday nite I think. I think most of us are covered today from a good week so it's all cool. :) Plus despite the bad betting luck there was some awesome racing today.

Good week of racing so far alright, wasn't a good day for me but still nicely up for the festival. The high draw bias is annoying, as every one I picked with a "good" draw got wedged on the rail and bounced all over the place. Bob Le Beau was going well until he got smashed into the rail on the bend, same with a couple of the others over the week. Very, very frustrating. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Its the risk you take huh pyro. Better to have a handy position in the race to go with the handy draw. At least you can be confident that your making the right choices...even if the jockeys aren't.

EDIT:

By the way, Arcano is back at Doncaster tomorrow. Can't wait! :)

Not one benefited from it though, that's what annoyed me. Mujaazef for one was absolutely raped on the rail, then again with Bob Le Beau and Walter De La Mare. Very frustrating to not even get a proper run out of it, considering I was in large on two of the three. Might pick from middle stalls today.

• Advertisement

2:25 Galway - Dumitas - .5pts e/w @ 17/2 (VC)

Tough race to call but I quite like this horse, ran well for long times on last two hurdle runs, found little near the end but first time cheekpieces may help spark that extra improvement needed. The ground will suit and has a good jockey on board, should be suited by the track also and I feel he's a better betting proposition in comparison to the fav (A Weld horse) at likely odds of 10/1. There are a couple of front runners in the race who may set a good gallop and this could help my selections chances as he likes to sit in behind the pace setters and make an effort late on. Andrew Mc Namara is on board and he was on last time out, he'll hopefully know exactly what to do now and if he jumps a clear round I think he'll be in the frame come the final couple of furlongs and should place at least. He'll love the likely quick ground and should be fresh enough to take this after having 42 days off the track. Should go well at a decent price, but it's a tough race to call so only a small each way bet for me.

2:55 Galway - Duroob - .5pts e/w @ 16/1 (PaddyPower)

Backed this one each way the other day when he managed to place in a decent race a few days ago. The jockey booking wouldn't fill me with confidence but he seems to get on well with the horse having placed and won on him numerous times and takes off a handy 7lbs in weight. He's stepped down from 3 miles to 2m 5f which will suit him better and if they go a good gallop as I expect them to he could be one the scene once again. He'll only be carrying 10st 4lbs which will help his cause. If he jumps well and travels as strongly as usual he could place at very worse, Brady is due a winner too and this is his only one that will be out tomorrow, unless his reserve for this race gets in but it's not a great horse regardless. Should be the guts of 12/1 and it looks a decent each way bet if his previous race didn't take much out of him, he has raced pretty close together before so I doubt it'll hinder his chances too much. The ground is ideal and with a bit of luck he could be in with a decent shout, horrible race to call so once again it's a small each way bet for me.

3:30 Galway - Hope Of An Angel - .5pts @ 12/1 (Bet365)

A real head scratcher of a race, can't split them much so I'm going to have a small bet on the outsider of the field. She got really heated up last time out, unruly in the parade ring and didn't want to load. Eventually came 2nd when just short-headed in a maiden over 6f in Sligo. Pulled 4 lengths clear of the rest and was staying on well near the end suggesting this step up to 7f will be ideal. Good 5lb claimer leaving her only carrying 8st 3lbs should put her in with a decent shot if running like last time. Tough race to call in any direction so I'll have a small win bet on this one at likely odds of around 10/1. Not much else I can say!

4:00 Galway - Miss Eze - .5pts NON RUNNER Replaced with Drombeg Dawn - .5pts @ 7/1 (Bet365)

Has already ran twice at this meeting this week, winning once and ran a sound race last time out when 3 1/2 lengths away in 5th place. Running from stall 3 which wouldn't be ideal but she won from this stall 4 days ago, and ran a gallant race from stall 2 last time. Her hold up style should be suited by the likely pace Ask Jack will set and if she gets a clear run late on I feel she has a good chance. Good 3lb claimer on board who knows her well having been on board her 5 times. If those races hasn't taken too much out of her she'll be in with a good shout if running on well near the finish, carries a light 8st 10lbs which will help and she seems to like the track, progressing enough this season to suggest that another race could be got out of her from this mark and all going well I think she could get it here. She's worth a small win bet in a race that looks very tough to call.

Last three, no major fancies so just small bets all day.

4:30 Galway - Hasty Katie - .5pts @ 4/1 (PaddyPower)
    5:00 Galway - Forest Minx - .25pts e/w @ 25/1 (PaddyPower)
    5:30 Galway - Gurteen Lass - .5pts e/w @ 20/1 (Bet365)

Prices up come morning.
    Prices up come morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Duroob is 16/1, and as you said - this trip will suit him. I'm having some of that E/W.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Hope Of An Angel - Winner at 12/1 - Well done man.!

Woooop!

Last one was making a decent bid but ran into another horses arse. :(

Good day, 12/1 & 9/2 winners and a 25/1 place. :)

+7.56 pts profit from only staking 5 points. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

Yo x pyro you backing anything in Galway today?

I am surely! Was out on a session last night so couldn't post my bets until now.

2:20 Galway - Kilmurry - .5pts e/w @ 9/1 (WilliamHill)

Good third to Diophas on debut over fences, that was his first run in 6 months too and he's likely to come on for that. Trip is no bother and from a good yard who should have him primed for this. Grand jockey on board who has won on him before and should get a run to suit. Raced over 2m 4f last time out and steps back 3f which will help, if he jumps well he has a good chance, open to lots of improvement as he has only had 7 career starts. Should be there or thereabouts all going well.

2:50 Galway - Jack Cool - 1pt @ 6/1 (Bet365)

Beaten favourite 12 days ago, didn't travel on the soft ground at all. Gets quick ground here which should suit and has Niall Madden on board which is a great help. Only carries 10st 2lbs which should also help put him in the mix. He was a decent flat horse for Chapple-Hyam and has that perfect mix of speed and stamina. Won nicely in Killarney on debut for Charles Byrnes when collaring his rivals late home and with the amount of front runners here I think he may get a chance to do that again. Big step up but has ability and looks a decent price.

3:25 Galway - Footprint - 1pt @ 11/2 (Ladbrokes)

Would of won the other day but for Fran Berry messing up his chances, was finishing like a train but it was too late. Hasn't won for a year but this jockey knows him well and has won on him before. Drawn soundly for his likely tactics and if the gaps open at the right time he has a serious chance. If there's a good pace it'll suit him perfectly and he seemed to like the track the last day. Quick ground is no problems either

More to come..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Kilmurry! Great start :D

Can't beat a winner. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

That's for sure.

3:55 Galway - Emmpat - .5pts e/w @ 16/1 (VC)

12 years old now but won 3 of 4 completed Chases last year, loves this quick ground and should strip better for his two runs in the last two months on ground that was too quick and over hurdles which I don't think he's as good over nowadays. This is ideal and has an excellent jockey in Paul Townend on board who has rode him twice and won one impressively this time last year. Back chasing now and looks well overpriced in what doesn't look the toughest of races. The trip is no bother to him and he should go well and hopefully get a place at least.

4:25 Galway - Askeria - 3pts @ 13/8 (WillHill)

Lots of money coming for this one now. Missed the price but having a medium sized bet on it. From a top yard with a good jockey on board, well bred and related to some top class horses. Didn't look hard pushed on debut and although she has had a 3 month break she'll come on better for that and I expect her to win in what looks a weak enough race, bar the Weld horse but that one was beaten by 8 lengths on debut and is opposable. The O'Brien and Harrington horses are exposed and vulnerable to improvers such as my selection who should show enough class to win this if not affected by her break.

4:55 Galway - Prince Chaparral - .5pts e/w @ 17/2 (VC)

Ran on well last time in an apprentice race at the Curragh showing signs of a potential return to form. On a winnable mark and has a good draw. Quick ground is ideal and has won on GF before, lots of pace in the race likely to suit and he could peg them back late on if getting the right luck in running, has ability but has only shown it once in handicaps when third at Gowran Park. Good bit of money going on it now and looks to have a good chance if replicating his maiden win at Roscommon. Still open to improvement with only 9 starts to date, yard are due a winner and still looks value at just over 8/1. Good each way claims if building on most recent performance.

5:25 Galway - Luna Runner - .5pts @ 10/1 (Bet365)

Can't call this race so I'll go for the outsider. Won nicely last time out making all and if she gets her own way up front here she'll be in with a serious shout. Good 5lb claimer who rode Admiral Barry to victory the other day. He was on board her on her only two starts and should know how to get the best out of her. She'll be carrying only 11st 4lbs after the jockeys claim and that should help. Small win bet on what looks a trappy race but she has enough ability to make a mockery of the 10/1 odds.

2 winners, 9/1 & 17/2. 16/1 place also.

+6.93pts today.

Over 40pts profit from the 7 days, betting on every race!

Delighted, and this Galway has been a great festival for me! Can't wait until next year. :D

Bank Update :

+14.49pts since last update.

Bank - 268.39pts (+168.39pts)

Galway record :

Day 1 : +23.5
    Day 2 : -10
    Day 3 : +4.26
    Day 4 : +18.31
    Day 5 : -10
    Day 6 : +7.56
    Day 7 : +6.93

Profit at Galway : 40.56pts

Delighted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

x PyRo wrote: »
    Bank Update :

+14.49pts since last update.

Bank - 268.39pts (+168.39pts)

Galway record :

Day 1 : +23.5
    Day 2 : -10
    Day 3 : +4.26
    Day 4 : +18.31
    Day 5 : -10
    Day 6 : +7.56
    Day 7 : +6.93

Profit at Galway : 40.56pts

Delighted.
    icarumba muchas gracias senor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

Well done Pyro. That was a great week for you totally deserved tho with all the work you put into it.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much lads, all has been going sweet for a good while now! Hopefully it stays this way. :)

For your first time on the Irish races;). It was pretty good

Sure was, better than any UK meeting I've ever done. :pac:

Without doubt this will be a new string too your bow? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

Well done over the week Pyro, great stuff!
    Stay by the phone one of the newspapers should be callin soon to offer you a job :D

Cheers Noel, some day maybe. :D

3:45 Ripon - Red Cape - 2pts @ 11/2 (Bet365)

A competitive little class 3 race at Ripon today, last years winner, Red Cape, looks to have very solid claims back over a course where he has raced twice, winning off a mark of 81 and coming second off 88. Races off 83 tomorrow with a good 3lb claimer on board also. Drawn in stall 1 which is the best place to be at Ripon. Won this last year when making all from stall 4 in a similarly hot contest. Ruth Carr trains this one and she couldn't be in better form over the last month or so, her record at Ripon is tremendous also, she is 7 from 32 here giving her a 21% strike rate on course and only sends Red Cape and Excusez Moi here today, the latter is also in the race but may be drawn out of things due to being the widest drawn. The ground is ideal for my selection and despite this being his second run in 3 days he'll find it an easier race than Fridays sprint at Goodwood where he finished 6 lengths away from Joesph Henry. If he gets an easy lead he can run them into submission on a track that favours the front runners and I can see a repeat of last years performance if all goes well. Stands a very good chance and looks value at 11/2. Should go close once more, despite not being in the best of form prior to this race.

8:10 Windsor - Gwilym - 2pts @ 7/2 (Bet365)

Two time C&D winner, most recently when winning in the middle of June, won well that day and only upped 3lbs for it. It was only the second time that Jim Crowley was on board this experienced fellow and he's up again today, he'll know how to get the best out of him and will get a race run to suit. Usually being drawn low is the best place to be here but the highest stall has a brilliant record here and he ran from the highest draw last time out and gets it again today. Should be suited by the likely strong pace that will more than likely be set by Whiskey Junction who is drawn close to him in stall 8. He should get a good sit on the rail like last time out and if the gaps aren't closed he should be in with a solid chance come the final furlong. The quicker ground is also more of a positive tomorrow, his last race was the first time in 11 attempts that he won on Good ground, his record on the likely Good to Firm is far superior to that with half of his career wins coming on quick ground, and the rest on the All-Weather. He's one of only 2 rides for Jim Crowley and his best chance to get a winner tomorrow at a track where he has a good record. He's also the only horse sent out by the Haydn-Jones yard who have been in good form of late and usually do well at this track. Crowley has only ridden 3 times for him and it's interesting that he's on board this fellow again, looks the pick of the race and should go well at what looks like a decent price considering his chances.

Red Cape didn't get a clear run at all, jockey did him no favours. Feck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

That 8.10 is a tricky race to call,good luck pyro.

• Advertisement

Cheers mate, hoping I get a bit of luck in running, he'll stay on the rail so God knows what could happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement