Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

No luck with the run again, apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

x PyRo wrote: »
    No luck with the run again, apologies.

No need to apologise. Anyone with any interest in betting at all knows that there'll be days where you don't get a winner. There'll be plenty more :D

Thanks mate. :)

Bank - 264.39pts (+164.39pts)

2:30 Catterick - Lava Lamp - 2pts @ 3/1 (Bet365)

Very well bred sort who has run 10 times without gaining victory but is interesting now dropped into selling company. Best effort came over this 2 mile trip last time out when a 4.5 length 4th to Escape Artist at Beverley. Rated as high as 75 on the flat at one stage, gets weight all round from his rivals, bar one who is on the same weight but doesn't have much of a chance. Fourth time with a visor on and that seems to have perked him up again and if having the same effect he should go close. Trained by Mr Harker and piloted by De Sousa who's on fire of late and has a 22% strike rate at this course for Harker. 3 of the last 6 they've teamed up for have won here and they show a tidy level stakes profit. De Sousa is riding out of his skin and if he gives this one a good patient ride and keeps him travelling well I feel he'll take all the beating and coule be as large as 4/1 come morning. Looks to have a solid chance and he should go well, Strikemaster is the danger but he'll be too short to back and is worth taking on despite some decent efforts of late. Small/Medium bet on the De Sousa horse at likely odds of 4/1.

3:00 Catterick - Slikback Jack - 1pt e/w @ 8/1 (WillHill)

This race is filled with hold up horses and I think it's better to side with the one who I think may try to win this from the front. Doesn't usually front run but did last time out and with the best draw here I feel he could try and do it again. Still a lightly raced horse with only 7 career starts, won on debut which was on the All Weather and hasn't won since, but has held his form reasonably well. His trainer has a great record around here with a 17% strike rate. Paul Mulrennan takes the ride and he's a decent pilot, due a win too and this is should be a good opportunity for him to get it if all goes well. Looks good value at 8's and if he's on a going day after a 5 week break he should go close, gets a 4lb allowance for age and that only helps his chances. Good place claims at a minimum.

Enough for the moment, might have a couple in the evening and one for sure at Roscommon.

• Advertisement

Very well bred sort who has run 10 times without gaining victory but is interesting now dropped into selling company. Best effort came over this 2 mile trip last time out when a 4.5 length 4th to Escape Artist at Beverley. Rated as high as 75 on the flat at one stage, gets weight all round from his rivals, bar one who is on the same weight but doesn't have much of a chance. Fourth time with a visor on and that seems to have perked him up again and if having the same effect he should go close. Trained by Mr Harker and piloted by De Sousa who's on fire of late and has a 22% strike rate at this course for Harker. 3 of the last 6 they've teamed up for have won here and they show a tidy level stakes profit. De Sousa is riding out of his skin and if he gives this one a good patient ride and keeps him travelling well I feel he'll take all the beating and coule be as large as 4/1 come morning. Looks to have a solid chance and he should go well, Strikemaster is the danger but he'll be too short to back and is worth taking on despite some decent efforts of late. Small/Medium bet on the De Sousa horse at likely odds of 4/1.

Good horsie. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Thanks mate. :)

Bank - 264.39pts (+164.39pts)

well done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Only looked like one winner from 2 out. Cheers Pyro :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Nice start ;)

Can't believe that opened 3/1 in pretty much a 3 horse race. Silly odds compliers!

Edit : First show on Slikback Jack is 20/1, silly odds compliers or silly me for taking an early price! Thank God for Best Odds, but the market suggests he hasn't a hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Into 12s now!!

3rd will do. Don't know what the jockey was at.

+7.4pts today.

Bank - 271.79pts (+171.79pts)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭YohanCabeye7

3rd will do. Don't know what the jockey was at.

Phew :D Had a nibble at 25/1 on betfair and 5/1 on the place.

Just looked at his form and it's shocking, imo, hence the 20/1 maybe, although still a high price....nice pick though, thanks. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

3:00 Catterick - Slikback Jack - 1pt e/w @ 8/1 (WillHill)

This race is filled with hold up horses and I think it's better to side with the one who I think may try to win this from the front. Doesn't usually front run but did last time out and with the best draw here I feel he could try and do it again. Still a lightly raced horse with only 7 career starts, won on debut which was on the All Weather and hasn't won since, but has held his form reasonably well. His trainer has a great record around here with a 17% strike rate. Paul Mulrennan takes the ride and he's a decent pilot, due a win too and this is should be a good opportunity for him to get it if all goes well. Looks good value at 8's and if he's on a going day after a 5 week break he should go close, gets a 4lb allowance for age and that only helps his chances. Good place claims at a minimum.

again, well done

Cheers lads, those horses with no form can be little gold mines. Form means nothing to me anyways, weight is where it's at. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Enough for the moment, might have a couple in the evening and one for sure at Roscommon.

Fair play for the first 2 picks. Fancy anything in Roscommon?

Thanks mate, I'll have one at least there.

Tistobesure each way in the last @ 7/1 (Bet365)

Reasoning to follow but looks seriously value in comparison to the Mullins odds on fav.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Reasoning to follow but looks seriously value in comparison to the Mullins odds on fav.

Yeh the Mullins horse is way underpriced, going to lay it for sure! Hate backing/Laying in the same race though, can end up very good or very bad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

What race is that x pyro?

8:55 Roscommon mate.

Great each way value in comparison the the crazily priced favourite. Reasoning still to follow. :pac:

• Advertisement

20:55 Roscommon - Tistobesure - 1pt e/w @ 7/1 (Bet365)

Off the track for 15 odd months but for what reason only God knows! From a tiny yard who have only had one runner since he has been out. Cost only £5,000 but showed plenty of ability last year on all three starts with form reading 5-3-2. Really should of won that last race in which he came second when Robbie McNamara was on board for the first time, he changed the horses usual prominent tactics and switched him off in mid-div and hit go in the final 4f and just got caught very late on. Got pulled out of a race a month ago for some reason, hopefully they've got their eye on a win here and Robbie Mac being on board suggests that they have. It's his only ride at a course he rarely goes to, had rode 9 times here and is without a win, hopefully that will change here. First time on quick ground but breeding suggests that will be no problem, his Sire has won on GF and placed a couple of times also. The Sire only ran 4 times but was a speedy sort over middle distances, placed in Group 1's and Group 2's over in France. He should go well and looks great each way value in comparison to the favourite from the Mullins yard who should also go well but is a terrible price and certainly opposable. Small each way on Robbie McNamara's only ride of the day.

Got word on that horse in the last Pyro from the lad who rides him out.
    This is what he said when I texted him about it today.
    ''He'l either win or come last...depending on if he bursts'' Followed by ''Ya I'd hold my money''

Hopefully he'll be in the form for it today.
    I got word of one from that stable,I'll post here when it's due to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jolsen

Pampered Jack odds have shortened from 50/1 down to 14/1 for that race. Read into that what you may...

jolsen wrote: »
    Pampered Jack odds have shortened from 50/1 down to 14/1 for that race. Read into that what you may...

Suspicious :p If he wins and anyone got him on 50/1 they'll be having a nice Tuesday methinks. I know a few people bet only on loooonnng odds consistently and always wondered how they managed to do (I suppose it is a form of 'blind-betting').

Not necessarily blind betting. Following the market can be an important part of gambling,escpecially where it's a first time out runner.

greetings wrote: »
    Not necessarily blind betting. Following the market can be an important part of gambling,escpecially where it's a first time out runner.

True enough. Down to 14/1 now on PP. Might take a cheeky punt. :D

That's only because Powers are so tight, he's 25/1 on Bet365.

That's only because Powers are so tight, he's 25/1 on Bet365.

Ha! Should have known. I just like PP layout when not betting though I'm tempted by this race.

Bet365 have just gone 14's now. Mine's being backed, 5/1 now.

Edit : Drifting now, I'm some jinx. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Took your one there at 8's on Betfair

that gambled horse is stil lavailable at 50/1 there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement