Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Can't bate a bit of Ron! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

Got him 7 to 1 on pp his up to 8 to 1 now bah:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

Towy boy decides to win today in the 3.10 :rolleyes:

Great horse. :pac:

x PyRo wrote: »
    Great horse. :pac:
    True but I backed Faithful Duchess who finished second lol

• Advertisement

The one time people don't go near him he wins! That's how it always goes, I don't know how many I've put up here have one next time out. :(

The one time people don't go near him he wins! That's how it always goes, I don't know how many I've put up here have one next time out. :(
    Not to worry Pyro at least we know to keep an eye out for your picks even if they dont win first time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Sure but at least it is proof that your eye is catching the good horses. Might not work all the time but means your chances of getting them in the future is higher I think. Compared to most of us I imagine your hit rate is decent (I don't think there is such a thing as someone who gets it right on the horses most of the time anyway. if there was we'd all be rich!).

Mine's 14/1 now. :eek: Would fill one with confidence. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

14.5 on Betfair as right :O

Still though, a race has to be run!

• Advertisement

eeeeekkkkkkkk:eek:

I meant to say wouldn't fill one with confidence. Horse doesn't know his price though.

12/1 now

It's the money getting behind Musical Script (now 9/2). I have a small cover bet there too after the last run.

Ah well, onwards we go.

If I knew Ian Mongan was on board I wouldn't of put on my bet. Ahhhhh. Donehoe couldn't get to the track.

Sorry lads, called that way off.

Two bottom ones come 1st and 2nd. My one ran into the arse of another one too. Will see what I can find this evening, if anything.

Mongan hadn't won at the course for 4 years, would of completely avoided it if he was listed as the jockey. :(

If I knew Ian Mongan was on board I wouldn't of put on my bet. Ahhhhh. Donehoe couldn't get to the track.

Sorry lads, called that way off.

Two bottom ones come 1st and 2nd. My one ran into the arse of another one too. Will see what I can find this evening, if anything.

Mongan hadn't won at the course for 4 years, would of completely avoided it if he was listed as the jockey. :(

Sorry my hole dude, you dont have to say sorry to anyone. Im already double what i started out with since following your tips. So thanks to you;)

Cheers man but still, that was beyond shocking. My top 3 came, 6th, 5th & 4th. :(

I'd never make a good odds complier! Jesus that was terrible. Might have one or two at Newmarket all going well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

OUCH, only been folowing in last week, i,m down lol,
    roll on tomorrow,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Sorry my hole dude, you dont have to say sorry to anyone. Im already double what i started out with since following your tips. So thanks to you;)

What he said:):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

From reading your posts pyro you seem like an experienced gambler and thus you'll be well aware that we all have days like that. If it wasn't for the howlers and barren runs, the victories wouldn't be as sweet.

I know we all have days like this! It's just the calling of it so wrong that annoys me, my top 3 were the bottom 3. I don't like that happening. :pac: Plus I got a good sized bet on it, which makes it worse. Ah well, onwards and upwards.

I know we all have days like this! It's just the calling of it so wrong that annoys me, my top 3 were the bottom 3. I don't like that happening. :pac: Plus I got a good sized bet on it, which makes it worse. Ah well, onwards and upwards.

Yeah but you didn't have all the facts either. The jockey change was unforeseen. This is the problem of early prices really because you can never be sure the bet you make is the race that will run. One of the many frustrating aspects of the game.

Pity people can't get out of their bet once there's a jockey change, I only found out about it when I went downstairs to watch the race! I knew it was game set and match by then. A jockey without a winner at a course in 4 years rules the horse out of my calculations straight away, even with the brilliant course form he has. Very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

I know how that feels. I remember a couple of years back, I think it must of been the 05/06 season, I had something along those line. I rarely do accumulators as a rule but during the week I’d been doing a bit of research into a couple of European league game and formulated a cracking (in my mind) 6 team accie which paid out over 25/1. In my egotistical bravado mind frame I eagerly told everyone I knew to get on it, it was a sure thing etc... Needless to say every single one of the teams failed to win. None of them even drew. And only one of them lost by less than 2 goals! I was keeping my head down for the next few weeks...

5:40 Newmarket - Honourable Knight - 1pt @ 5/1 (PaddyPower)

This race is only a nursery handicap so it's not one for big stakes but this one caught my eye on a couple of occasions. Only cost €1,000 and doesn't jump out on breeding but won a decent maiden over 6f at Salisbury. Went into a similar contest to this last time out, ran well for a long time but couldn't quicken in the final furlong, that was his first try over 7f and I expect he'll be better for that experience and having a better jockey on board will help also. Kieren Fallon takes the ride and he gave him a lovely ride when winning his maiden, he rarely rides for this trainer either and they're 2 from 6 when teaming up. Fallon has an excellent 19% strike rate at this course, rides it very well and the last time he rode here he won 3 of his 4 rides with the other coming second. Fallon has also been in grand form of late and if he can give another canny ride to this fellow and get him settled in a good position behind the likely strong pace I think he has a good chance. Looks overpriced at 5/1 and worth a small bet. The ground is also ideal for him, probably was a bit fast last time out but should be more suitable as it stands.

8:20 Newmarket - Ginger Ted - 1pt @ 8/1 (StanJames)

Backed this one last time out when he came a 1l second to Tadalavil on softish ground at Ayr. Only beaten by 5l when coming 7th to Suited And Booted who's an extremely good Hannon 3 year old who has went on to win a hot handicap off a rating of 90. The ground is no problem and has a good jockey on board who has won on him before. Lots of pace in the race which is perfect for him to run on late as is his style, he looks one of the only runners who constantly come off the pace to challenge so it may be set up for him, whether he's good enough is another question but he's constantly improving and may have more yet to come. Looks a good price at 8/1 and should go well from a sound draw. It is Guillambert's only ride of the day for a trainer he doesn't often ride for. He gets a 5lb weight allowance for age and has a good chance in my opinion, small win bet at tasty odds.

Found the value according to the market, well backed into joint favourite.

Missed the break.

Fuck sake.

Did the 5.40 lose

• Advertisement

Sure did, missed the break. :( I'm a jinx today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement