Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Missed the brake, never in contention. That's racing for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

x PyRo wrote: »
    Sure did, missed the break. :( I'm a jinx today.

Why didnt you tell me that this morning:pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

What's that I sense? Luck changing?

Watford two to the good ;)
    Have them in an accum too :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Stunningly, stunningly, stunningly, BAD. :( -5pts.

Bank - 265.00pts (+165pts)

Having a few bets tomorrow, here's hoping.

2:05 Newmarket - Ramona Chase - .5pts e/w @ 20/1 (StanJames)

Risky one, plenty of ability but can't seem to win. Dangerously handicapped now running off a mark of 79 and warrants respect at these odds. Hasn't won for 35 odd races since winning a 5 runner novice stakes in September of 07. Based on those stats you'd wonder why I'd bother but at these prices and the likely hood of her coming good someday soon off this mark being pretty good I feel she's worth siding with for a couple of races. Has loads of ability and speed, extremely well bred but just seems to have attitude problems. Fallon is on board and if he can get her to settle and run on late as she seems to like to do whenever she bothers then I feel she has a decent chance in what will more than likely be a strongly run race. Fallon rides the course brilliantly and this is only the 3rd time he has teamed up with this trainer, the other two came 4th and 2nd. Trainer isn't in good form but I think it's not that important with a horse like this, if she turns up as she can she'll make a mockery of the 20/1, if she turns up like she did last time out she should be 500/1. This is an easier race though, on ground that will suit, great jockey on board and on a track where she has ran well when coming 3rd in a similar graded contest at the end of June. Small each way bet on the off-chance that she decides to run to ability.

• Advertisement

2:35 Newmarket - Clinical - 2pts @ 6/1 (Bet365)

If a Sir Mark Prescott horse wins on debut it has something special, and this one did just that. She's an extremely well bred filly and a daughter of Motivator, lots of speed available on show last time out and despite running quite green throughout she showed enough to suggest she'll improve dramatically for that run when getting to grips with the racing game in the last couple of furlongs and keeping on well to repel all challengers in a decent looking maiden. The ground should be ideal for her and when Sanders & Prescott come here they've a good 20% strike rate. Prescott wouldn't throw her straight into a Group 3 if she wasn't something special and I expect she'll go very close here if running to the undoubted talent that she possesses. Looks a good price at 6/1 and I'll be surprised if she doesn't go off at most, 4/1. Small/Medium win bet for me.

3:10 Newmarket - Spirit Of Sharjah - 1pt e/w @ 22/1 (Bet365)

Another longshot, but one that I think has a solid enough chance. Got no luck in running on last two outings, had to switch his run last time out and ran on well near the end to be 3 1/2 lengths behind St Moritz in 7th. He has since had a month off and should strip better for that little rest and with a top class 7lb claimer on board I feel that weight and the jockeys abilities can see him go very close if getting those gaps. He has won in Listed company before and is back to a turf mark that I feel he can be competitive off, especially with the 7lbs taken off his back. It looks a tough race to call but there are many doubts to be had about numerous members of the field with many seemingly out of form and a few stepping up in class. This fellow certainly has the ability to make a mockery of this price and is rarely beaten by far. If he gets the gaps I'm adamant he'll place at least, it's a doubtful if in such a large field but with 4 places paid I think he's certainly worth a small each way bet. Would be surprised if he goes off anywhere near 22/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Best of luck tomorrow. We all have off days, makes the winning ones even better :)

Cheers mate, some great value to be found on Saturdays, hopefully I've found some winners too! :pac: Just need it to click or else I'll need another break to hopefully change the luck. :)

2:50 Haydock - Green Moon - 3pts @ 5/1 (Bet365)

Extremely progressive 3 year old who has lots more to come, destroyed Monterosso in a handicap when beating him by 4 lengths, went on to win a Listed race quite handsomely after that but flopped last time out when 7l behind Monterosso at Ascot, possibly found the trip a bit of a stretch and back down to just over 10f now which is ideal. He runs here only carrying 8st 8lbs and has a great jockey in Neil Callan on board. Callan hit a dry spell for a few weeks but notched up a treble at Brighton yesterday and seems to have found his rhythm again. This horse won hist Listed race on similar ground to what he'll have tomorrow and time-wise he's faster in the final furlong that Paco Jack who has an electric turn of foot. He has had nearly two month off the track and should strip better for having a break, the trainer seemed quite confident when interviewed and I think there's a lot more to come from this horse. Seems great value at 5/1 and I feel he has a better chance than the odds suggest. I'll be surprised if he doesn't go fairly well and warrants a medium sized bet for me.

• Advertisement

That's enough for me! I need sleeps!

On a happier note, the thread reached 50,000 views today. :D Thanks to all who've looked. Legends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

pyro,was going to back green moon but i see ground is G/S,did that come overnight ot what's the story,the listed race he won was on G/F,should i avoid now?ta

The Listed win was on soft man, shouldn't hinder him I wouldn't think. It's quite soft there today though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Ramona Chase placed. Good call for an off-chance bet for sure. I've gone for a few small Trixies today e/w so thanks for sending me off on a good start (the big one hinged on R Chase placing!).

The Listed win was on soft man, shouldn't hinder him I wouldn't think. It's quite soft there today though.

it was g/f according to attheraces,anyway bol,i opposed him with Distant Memories

Timeform have it GS, I'd listen to them quicker tbh. He also came 4th in a maiden on Heavy, shouldn't hinder him. Good luck with that one, it'll love the ground anyways!

Timeform have it GS, I'd listen to them quicker tbh. He also came 4th in a maiden on Heavy, shouldn't hinder him. Good luck with that one, it'll love the ground anyways!
    oh bollox,you're right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

Green moon was shocking.

Something wrong with it I'd assume. Clinical didn't handle the ground, nor did SoS.

Taking a break for a week or so, not going well.

Bank - 260.00pts (+160pts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Taking a break for a week or so, not going well.

Might do the same, I'm having no luck with my selections either.

Fancy Hevilius in the next at Accot, so don't back that one :p

• Advertisement

I get these little spells every couple of months where everything I touch turns into a donkey! The ground was listed as Good at Newmarket last night, I never checked the weather and then it ends up soft! Just not clicking right at the moment. :(

I never checked the weather and then it ends up soft! Just not clicking right at the moment. :(

Yeah, the ground is fcuking up all my bets also.

I do my own Speed Figures and that's pretty much only useful on Good ground at worst.

It's a nightmare.

Was going to back Pink Palace in the next, think 7.1 is a steal .. BUT, the fecking ground :(

Yeah the ground is my main reason for the break, unless I waited until morning to do my bets but it would take too long and mightn't have them on in time, plus the ground isn't always as described. Bloody disaster!

Didn't even look at that race mate, too tough for me to call anything right at the moment. :(

Didn't even look at that race mate, too tough for me to call anything right at the moment. :(

Think I'll just stick to Good or Good to Firm and All Weather meetings for the rest of the flat season.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

your a deadly tipster way better than any eejit in the indo:D

Haha! Cheers Sonnky. :D Mr. Bailey is leagues ahead of me though. A top man too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Haha! Cheers Sonnky. :D Mr. Bailey is leagues ahead of me though. A top man too.

Congrats Mr Mod, should be nice and handy.

Cheers L'prof! You're immune to banning due to that wonderful club you support. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Cheers L'prof! You're immune to banning due to that wonderful club you support. :pac:

Haha, yeah that and the fact that I don't get riled up enough in here to go insulting people!

• Advertisement

Touche!

Any luck with the football over the weekend? I cleared my horse losses with it thank God! Going terribly of late. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement