Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

x PyRo wrote: »
    Touche!

Any luck with the football over the weekend? I cleared my horse losses with it thank God! Going terribly of late. :(

Did a championship lucky 15 and got one team up...

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Unlucky man, some shock results today. I though Bristol would walk over Millwall, oh how wrong I was! Scunthorpe beating Reading too. Crazy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Haha! Cheers Sonnky. :D Mr. Bailey is leagues ahead of me though. A top man too.

Mr bailey is the only other good tipster around but hes not an everyday tipster:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Dont take a break til after the Curragh tomorrow man lol

What you reckon to Miss Gorica in the 5.15?

its a horse i follow regardless and has won me a small fortune the past 3 years but im shocked that shes 20/1 on PP, probably larger elsewhere, when she's beaten a few of the other horses in the race already, she's beaten Rain Delayed 2 or 3 times i think and thats 6's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Kod-box wrote: »
    Dont take a break til after the Curragh tomorrow man lol

What you reckon to Miss Gorica in the 5.15?

its a horse i follow regardless and has won me a small fortune the past 3 years but im shocked that shes 20/1 on PP, probably larger elsewhere, when she's beaten a few of the other horses in the race already, she's beaten Rain Delayed 2 or 3 times i think and thats 6's.

Hasn't won in 6 visits to the Curragh. Shes got cheekpieces on for the first time so theres an angle there and like you said she has good form with a couple of runners there. Trainers in relatively good form with a winner the other day but she has an awful record at the Curragh too. 20/1 does look a massive price on the basis of the horses bare ability.

Thats my humble opinion. :)

• Advertisement

Cheers for the insight man, will have a nibble e/w at 20's anyway, as i said that horse has paid for many a night out for me in the past, highlight being the win at 33's in Nad Al Sheeba last year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Just saw your were made a moderator pyro,nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I get these little spells every couple of months where everything I touch turns into a donkey!

Aw stop,it's the worst time in the world.I actually think it happens to everybody though.

Small one of ween me back into it. :pac:

4:20 Beverley - Norwegian Dancer - 1pt @ 7/1 (Boylesports)

A few pounds below last winning mark, shaping as if a return to form is close and there has been a few quid for it today. Gibbons is on board and he has been in great form this season and is one of the few jockeys showing a level stakes profit. He has been on this one before and went close so he should know how to get the best out of it. Ground and trip are ideal, trainer form is decent over the last couple of months and it has been backed all day. Should have a good chance of going close.

said i'd bump this just to say its Gorica's last ever run tomorrow, she's in foal to Dylan Thomas and Joanna Morgan doesnt expect her to run again then after that, i'd be confident it'll get a good run, 3.45 Dundalk should be 9/1 or therabouts.

• Advertisement

3:40 Pontefract - Anglezarke - 1pt e/w @ 14/1 (Bet365)

Plenty of speed and ability but hasn't shown her best since coming back this year, placed in a Group 1 last year and was just pipped in a Group 2 also, conditions to suit with the ground being ideal and the blinkers should re-kindle the former flame in her. She's from the Richard Fahey yard and his horses have been running well of late and with the in form Paul Hanagan on board she has an even better chance. Finished well behind some of these last time out but things should be more in her favour today and at 14/1 she seems a massive price, blinkers should help her gain interest again and a return to 75% of her previous form and she'll go well. Still relatively un-exposed for a 4 year old with only 14 career starts and I think she'll go well. Small each way bet at big odds.

Big bet on Monterosso tomorrow man?

Not sure about the ground but will have a go at him! Will probably pick out a few bets, can't do much write ups as I hurt my hand last night! :(

Drink related injury i'll bet :pac:

your due a turn of luck, i can see these few days at York being the turning point ;)

Drink amongst other things my man. :pac:

Here's a couple of quick ones, not fit to write much!

1:45 York - Strike Up The Band - 1pt e/w @ 20/1 (StanJames)

Back to a winnable mark, conditions to suit and has ran well here before including placing in Group and Listed contests here. Stable going decently and Adrian Nicholls' only ride of the day, looks overpriced if returning to form and could go close of his lowest ever mark.

2:15 York - Dream Ahead - 5pts @ 7/4 (Ladbrokes)

Looked like a potentially class act when winning by 9 lengths on debut over 6f despite running very green, steps up to 7f now and that will suit no problem, ground shouldn't be a problem, Simcock in good form over the last month or so as is jockey William Buick, should have a solid chance here and a max bet for me.

2:50 York - Monterosso - 1pt @ 8/1 (Ladbrokes)

An old favourite of mine, been very busy of late and that has probably took its toll but he has had a month off and should strip fitter for that, has lots of ability and speed and if taking to the soft ground here he should go well. Small 'loyalty' bet but he has good chance if rejuvenated after the month off.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Bestake

2:50 York - Monterosso - 1pt @ 8/1 (Ladbrokes)

An old favourite of mine, been very busy of late and that has probably took its toll but he has had a month off and should strip fitter for that, has lots of ability and speed and if taking to the soft ground here he should go well. Small 'loyalty' bet but he has good chance if rejuvenated after the month off.

Judging by your PL pseudonym, this horse has served you very well in the past?:)

I like this horse a lot also.

It sure has! Won my 3 biggest ever bets from him and he's as genuine a horse as you'd get, just been burnt out of late unfortunately. If it was legal to marry a horse I'd choose him, but Canford Cliffs would be my bit on the side. :pac:

3:25 York - Dick Turpin - 2pts @ 6/1 (Ladbrokes)

If he stays the extra 2f he'll go very close. Classy sort with a lovely turn of foot and has been mixing it well with the best 3 y/o milers around. Won easily in a Group 1 in France 44 days ago and should be in tip-top condition for this, ground won't be a problem and I think he's a very good price, should go well if staying the extra 2f, I think he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Give em hell Pyro! ;)

I've done Monte for a point myself. I forgot to mention in my reasoning he's runnning under a penalty. It'll take a big run but anythings possible in these races.

Have you got anything for the Ebor?

Can't give much hell with me bloody hand! :pac:

Not sure yet, Dirar is catching the eye but all will be revealed tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

Hey Pyro, Dream ahead doesnt seem to be running.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

dream is out dam was going to have nice bet on him.lets see how the 1.45 goes it should be close tothe off

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

so pyro are u back on track?... ;)

No! :pac: Will pick out a couple tomorrow, quite tired at the moment and having a horror run at the moment in all betting fields! :(

I'll do a couple now.

1:45 York - Yorgunnabelucky - 1pt e/w @ 9/1 (PaddyPower)

Very progressive 4 year old who has won his last two races when dictating from the front, won very easily last time out after being given a wonderful ride by Hailey Turner who is up again, she rarely ever rides for Johnston having only rode 4 times for him which included 2 winners. The step up to 12f has really helped this well bred son of Giant's Causeway and I expect him to go well again today despite a 7lb penalty, he's extremely well bred and a full brother to the top class Shamardal, there should be more to come from this colt and he looks a good price at 9/1. Should be there or thereabouts come the end and if getting an easy lead he'll be hard caught, I can see two possible dangers to the lead but at these odds he's worth a small each way bet.

2:50 York - Approve - 1pt @ 10/1 (PaddyPower)

I can't understand how he's 10/1 in this race, looked like a classy 2 year old when winning a Group 2 at Ascot, failed in similar contests since but not beaten far and has enough ability to topple these. The only thing is the ground mightn't be ideal for him but at these odds he's worth a small go. Should get a race run to suit and the track should suit his style, Eddie Ahern is back on board and he's a very good jockey, in grand form over the last month and has a 21% strike rate for Haggas, who is in flying form of late and his horses usually go well around here. Small win bet for me at nice odds.

Last one.

3:35 York - Dirar - 2pts e/w @ 14/1 (Bet365)

Really fancy this one to place at least, the ground will be ideal, he'll stay no bother and looks on a mark that he can win off again. Only carries 9st 1lb which will also help, Jamie Spencer is on board for the Gordon Elliot trained gelding. Spencer has been in great form of late with 11 wins from his last 30 rides. He's an ideal rider for this horse and if he can get him settled out the back and switch him on at the right time I think he'll be staying on as well as any of the rest and after a great showing at the Galway Hurdle he should be fit and ready to win this. Looks a great price at 14/1 and should go well and hopefully place at least, decent sized e/w bet for me and my Nap of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Last one.

3:35 York - Dirar - 2pts e/w @ 14/1 (Bet365)

Really fancy this one to place at least, the ground will be ideal, he'll stay no bother and looks on a mark that he can win off again. Only carries 9st 1lb which will also help, Jamie Spencer is on board for the Gordon Elliot trained gelding. Spencer has been in great form of late with 11 wins from his last 30 rides. He's an ideal rider for this horse and if he can get him settled out the back and switch him on at the right time I think he'll be staying on as well as any of the rest and after a great showing at the Galway Hurdle he should be fit and ready to win this. Looks a great price at 14/1 and should go well and hopefully place at least, decent sized e/w bet for me and my Nap of the day.
    Just to let you know that race is actually on at 3:25
    \pedant

Cheers Q.

Didn't see my first pick, came near last, was he just not good enough?

• Advertisement

2:50 York - Approve - 1pt @ 10/1 (PaddyPower)

I can't understand how he's 10/1 in this race, looked like a classy 2 year old when winning a Group 2 at Ascot, failed in similar contests since but not beaten far and has enough ability to topple these. The only thing is the ground mightn't be ideal for him but at these odds he's worth a small go. Should get a race run to suit and the track should suit his style, Eddie Ahern is back on board and he's a very good jockey, in grand form over the last month and has a 21% strike rate for Haggas, who is in flying form of late and his horses usually go well around here. Small win bet for me at nice odds.

<3 you. :pac:

Lovely horse. Needed that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement