Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Thank you kind Sir's! I am extremely drunk! Woooohoooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

Did you get your LC results pyro? Or just on the lash for some young skirt:D

I'm a bit old for the LC boss. :pac: The brother got his though so I met him for a 'few' pints. Turned out to be a lot more! No need for the young skirt either, I've a wonderful gf. :D Although she's young skirt I suppose. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

shocked-1.jpg

I logged into my account and i was like,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D

I love you Argosy! :p

• Advertisement

1:45 York - Majestic Myles - 1pt @ 14/1 (Bet365)

Speedy sort who is constantly improving, won 3 out of 5 starts and finished 2nd last time out in a good nursery when just pipped by a good Hannon horse called Eucharist. That form looks grand to me and on another day I feel my selection would of won. Drawn soundly and the ground will be ideal, the market and jockey booking suggests that this is the second choice Fahey horse but I feel he's as open to improvement as the current favourite Wootton Bassett who may find this a step too early and is certainly no value at 9/4. Only ever raced in small fields and despite having lots of ability he's certainly worth taking on. I feel the 'second' string Fahey horse looks to have a solid chance and could go well at a nice price. Small win bet.

2:15 York - Rimth - 1pt @ 10/1 (Ladbrokes)

When I first saw this horse 3 month ago I though it was something special, won well in a good maiden but hasn't been seen since, has reportedly had problems but should be tuned up well for this and looks a brilliant price. She beat numerous future winners like Byrony who has won 3 times since, The Thrill Is Gone who has placed in a Listed race. The Fifth Commandment who she also beat has won 3 times since also, plenty of form to find, maybe not form strong enough for this race but the horse obviously has plenty of ability, goes well on the ground and has a wonderful turn of foot, looks overpriced and should go well if feeling no ill-effects of here 101 day absence. Small win bet as there's only 8 runners and one will more than likely drop out as usual!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

How confident would you be about those two mate, might stick them in an e/w double since they're on good auld odds!

p.s your up early!

Not over confident mate, only worth very small bets, certainly wouldn't connect them! Tight races to call too which makes it worse, great odds on both though. Stranger things have happened. :D

I'm always up late/early, nothing else to be at!

Threw small enough bets on them seperately, and an even smaller double, just cause I like a flutter :P, tis worked in the past, hopefully your right tomorrow aswell :cool:

• Advertisement

Cheers man, say the prayers tonight! :)

x PyRo wrote: »
    Cheers man, say the prayers tonight! :)

Oh ill be saying them alright, glad to see the rut ended yesterday mate!

Always good to have a nice win after a bad streak :D

Thanks very much, great to get it over with, takes some pressure off too!

2:50 York - Capponi - 3pts @ 8/1 (Ladbrokes)

Really liking the look of Mark Johnston's 3 year old here. He's a C&D winner when winning impressively off 8lbs lower but gets a 6lb age allowance here thus carrying only 9st. Ran well for a long time over 1m 2f last time out but faded inside the final furlong when looking the most likely winner, hit 4/5 in running and ended up coming 9th of 15. He's dropped back to 1m here and likely to get a race run to suit and I think he'll be in the firing line come the end, only has had 5 starts, won 3 of those and is open to a lot more improvement, this race is certainly not beyond him and I think the 8/1 available is extremely generous, I'd have him as a 5/1 shot and even at that he'd be a good price. No better man than Dettori to have on board and he should find this fellow an ideal ride for him, if he can get him settled in behind the leaders he'll have a great chance come the final furlong and seems to have a good enough turn of foot to ensure victory here. Must go well and a medium bet for me at a nice price, my Nap of the day.

Last bet..

4:05 York - Eldalil - 2pts @ 9/2 (WillHill)

I'm a big fan of this filly, I think she has all the ability in the world and anytime she gets good or better ground she'll have a solid chance. Ran in the Group 2 Ribblesdale Stakes when un-fancied, came 2nd behind Hibaayeb who is excellent on quick ground, she wasn't hard pushed that day either and cruised past the rest to grab second place. If the ground stays relatively good she has a serious chance now in this listed company and the 9/2 looks a big price and is probably based on her poor showing at The Curragh when well behind Snow Fairy but the ground was completely against her and ruined any chance she had in my opinion, despite me backing her that day. Stoute has hit a bit of form of late and seems like his horses are running OK again so trainer form can't be doubted and Richard Hills is a competent enough jockey and has been riding well of late, small enough win bet for me and she should go well but if the ground goes soft then AVOID!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Threw small enough bets on them seperately, and an even smaller double, just cause I like a flutter :P, tis worked in the past, hopefully your right tomorrow aswell :cool:

Did the same and added the other picks in there too

Fingers crossed today is as good as yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Good man Pyro, am out and about today, so gonna follow blindly :D

4 x €3 each way, and a €0.50 ew lucky 15 on your picks.......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Bit late, but great picking yesterday. Managed to pay for my weekend with Dirar and Approve.

Cheers lad, if I ever see ya I'll get in a pint or seven!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Any joy today??

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Not looking good pyro

Big gambles on Rimth and Capponi didn't pay off. Capponi got boxed in and had a poor position throughout, all on Eldalil now, she has the ground but there's lots of money on the Oxx horse so she may be hard to beat. Here's hoping.

• Advertisement

Last bet..

4:05 York - Eldalil - 2pts @ 9/2 (WillHill)

I'm a big fan of this filly, I think she has all the ability in the world and anytime she gets good or better ground she'll have a solid chance. Ran in the Group 2 Ribblesdale Stakes when un-fancied, came 2nd behind Hibaayeb who is excellent on quick ground, she wasn't hard pushed that day either and cruised past the rest to grab second place. If the ground stays relatively good she has a serious chance now in this listed company and the 9/2 looks a big price and is probably based on her poor showing at The Curragh when well behind Snow Fairy but the ground was completely against her and ruined any chance she had in my opinion, despite me backing her that day. Stoute has hit a bit of form of late and seems like his horses are running OK again so trainer form can't be doubted and Richard Hills is a competent enough jockey and has been riding well of late, small enough win bet for me and she should go well but if the ground goes soft then AVOID!

Anyone know what the ground is like.Dont have the racing channel so cant check.

It's very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

3rd 4

Eldalil didn't look right there, never traveled.

Tomorrow's another day.

Bank - 288pts (+188pts)

1 more small bet..

4:40 York - Perfect Blossom - 1pt @ 7/1 (Bet365)

On a constant upwards curve, has won all 6 starts at 5f since joining a new yard, won comfortably last time out finding more than all in a good race and despite a penalty I think she can follow up again, she's drawn sound, will love the ground and has a decent 3lb claimer on board. Trainer form is good of late as is the jockeys. Should take a lot of beating and even with a penalty she could well find enough improvement to take this, the race will be run to suit and I'll be surprised if she has reached the peak of her powers as she has only had 11 career starts and is open to more improvement. Small win bet for me.

Edit : No good, again. The tactics were a bit mental and didn't help.

Bring on tomorrow, NOW!

Bank - 287pts (+187pts)

1 more small bet..

4:40 York - Perfect Blossom - 1pt @ 7/1 (Bet365)

On a constant upwards curve, has won all 6 starts at 5f since joining a new yard, won comfortably last time out finding more than all in a good race and despite a penalty I think she can follow up again, she's drawn sound, will love the ground and has a decent 3lb claimer on board. Trainer form is good of late as is the jockeys. Should take a lot of beating and even with a penalty she could well find enough improvement to take this, the race will be run to suit and I'll be surprised if she has reached the peak of her powers as she has only had 11 career starts and is open to more improvement. Small win bet for me.

Edit : No good, again. The tactics were a bit mental and didn't help.

Bring on tomorrow, NOW!

Bank - 287pts (+187pts)

Gotta love that enthusiasm:D

Best of luck pyro!

Eldalil didn't look right there, never traveled.

Tomorrow's another day.

Bank - 288pts (+188pts)

He went to 6/4 in running for a bit and was overall favourate as they turned the last corner. Got a bit of a sweat out of my 5 euro so not too disappointed;)

Didn't think she traveled well at all, don't know how she hit 6/4 in running! One to keep an eye on for the future, I'm adamant she has loads of ability, just isn't showing it at the moment.

1:45 York - Desert Recluse - 2pts e/w @ 20/1 (Coral)

Backed this one last time out in the big handicap at Ascot four weeks ago, he ran well enough against his elders and finished a 2 3/4 length 4th behind Colloquial, he got boxed in a couple of times and ran on near the end, that was over 2m and he's dropped a further 2f which will suit him perfectly, he has lots of speed and will hopefully be staying on near the end better than most and looks severely underrated by the odds compilers. He is also a course winner when winning here by 6 lengths in a good handicap off a 10lb lower mark, he's highly progressive, only has had 12 starts (won 5) so he's open to more improvement and may have found 2m on the tough side last twice, he has won over this 1m 6f trip before when winning at Sandown. There should be a good pace in this race and that will suit him, the ground is also ideal for him and he will stay this trip with ease. Richard Hughes is on board and he doesn't often ride for Pat Eddery, if Richard gets him settled in mid division and sets him off late I feel he has a solid chance, the horse tends to run quite free but Hughes is good at settling them so that will be key. Hughes is also due a winner at this meeting, he's 0 from 12 so far and it wouldn't be like him to go away without a winner so he'll be desperate to get his first of three rides tomorrow across the line in first. He looks massive at 20/1 and I'd have him around 8/1 back against his own age group, decent sized each way bet for me and hopefully it proves worthwhile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

I love the hilarious PP special on this: If your horse finishes second beaten by up to and including half a length in this race, we will refund your losing single stake.

I mean would it not just be easier for them to offer slightly better odds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Didn't think she traveled well at all, don't know how she hit 6/4 in running! One to keep an eye on for the future, I'm adamant she has loads of ability, just isn't showing it at the moment.

1:45 York - Desert Recluse - 2pts e/w @ 20/1 (Coral)

<snip>

Coral haven't priced up that race on odds checker. When did you see them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement