Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

x PyRo wrote: »
    Didn't think she traveled well at all, don't know how she hit 6/4 in running! One to keep an eye on for the future, I'm adamant she has loads of ability, just isn't showing it at the moment.

1:45 York - Desert Recluse - 2pts e/w @ 20/1 (Coral)

Backed this one last time out in the big handicap at Ascot four weeks ago, he ran well enough against his elders and finished a 2 3/4 length 4th behind Colloquial, he got boxed in a couple of times and ran on near the end, that was over 2m and he's dropped a further 2f which will suit him perfectly, he has lots of speed and will hopefully be staying on near the end better than most and looks severely underrated by the odds compilers. He is also a course winner when winning here by 6 lengths in a good handicap off a 10lb lower mark, he's highly progressive, only has had 12 starts (won 5) so he's open to more improvement and may have found 2m on the tough side last twice, he has won over this 1m 6f trip before when winning at Sandown. There should be a good pace in this race and that will suit him, the ground is also ideal for him and he will stay this trip with ease. Richard Hughes is on board and he doesn't often ride for Pat Eddery, if Richard gets him settled in mid division and sets him off late I feel he has a solid chance, the horse tends to run quite free but Hughes is good at settling them so that will be key. Hughes is also due a winner at this meeting, he's 0 from 12 so far and it wouldn't be like him to go away without a winner so he'll be desperate to get his first of three rides tomorrow across the line in first. He looks massive at 20/1 and I'd have him around 8/1 back against his own age group, decent sized each way bet for me and hopefully it proves worthwhile!

Thanks for that i was doing a E/W Lucky15 when I saw this and now turned it into a E/W Lucky31. ( 16/1 ON PP)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Nulty wrote: »
    Coral haven't priced up that race on odds checker. When did you see them?

When I posted the bet they were offering prices and I got my bet on through oddschecker.

Cheers Iggy, hope it wins now. :)

2:15 York - Confront - 1pt e/w @ 12/1 (StanJames)

I really like Rainbow Peak here but I can't get involved at 6/4 in such a tough race so I'm going to go for the horse who I consider good each way value, he was used as a pacemaker to Harbinger over 12f which is way too far for him, managed to keep the lead until the 2f pole, back to 9f now and it will suit him, he's well drawn in stall 1 and might just get a handy lead which will play to his strengths, the ground will hopefully be quick enough for him because if it's not he won't go close but I think it will be and he could knick it from the front. He's a classy animal who has his best form around 1mile but this 1m 1f shouldn't stretch him too much, hasn't found his form of last year yet but he is a course winner here and might just get the run of the race and looks a good price for it. Stoute isn't in great form but he has had 3 or 4 winners in the last week and has been hinting at a return to his brilliant best, top French jockey Olivier Peslier is on board for his only ride of the day and he's a wonderful jockey and will hopefully get the most out of this fellow. He should be in the top 3 if returning to what he's capable of and at 12/1 he's worth the risk with a small each way bet.

2:50 York - Prince Of Dance - .5pts e/w @ 25/1 (Bet365)

The price is too big on this one in my opinion, ran in Group 1 and Group 2 races last twice since return, but won his only 3 races last year, his Maiden, and good Handicap and a Listed race. He was running against the likes of Paco Boy and Lord Shanakill in those races and this will be a lot easier. He's stepping back to 7f which will do him no harm, I don't think he seen out the 1m trip last twice but they were much tougher contests, he has enough speed to be effective over this trip and with the ground likely to suit him I think he could have a good chance of at least knicking a place if he runs to ability, tongue strap is applied now and that could well help him and he has Niel Callan on board to do the steering and he's as capable as any on his day. The trainer has only sent 3 here in the past and I doubt he'd make the trip for no reason, the horse has the ability and won in this grade last year, beating the likes of Bushman who won a Group 3 this year. Should get a race run to suit and looks good value at 25/1 in a tough race to call, small each way bet again.

3:25 York - Stone Of Folca - 1pt e/w @ 12/1 (Ladbrokes)

He's a baby against the big boys but he finished ahead of Zebedee then lost by a neck to him in a Group 3, he's going to be a class act too. Wasn't far behind Approve either in a Group 2. May not have the experience or be fully developed yet but he has a fine turn of foot and if he settles better then I wouldn't be surprised if he goes awfully close. Only carrying 8st 1lb will help him ten fold too, weight over these distances is vital IMO and with 24lb in his favour compared to SSB and Equiano I'd definitely favour him as the value. The ground will be grand for him and Jimmy Quinn gets the leg up after being on board last time out, he gave a good ride that day and was unlucky to lose. Should be a mighty interesting race. Wouldn't rule out the old boy, Borderlescott either, won it last twice and seems as good as ever but again, carrying 9st 11lbs against some younger types will be awfully tough but he's a 3 time course winner so obviously loves it here, drawn alright for his style too, the ground will have to be rapid for him though. Anyways, should be interesting but I'm not going near SSB or Equiano at those prices. Going to have a small each way bet on Stone Of Folca at a nice price

Also having my traditional each way bet on Mister Hughie, only a small .5pts e/w @ 33/1 (Ladbrokes) but I'll keep backing him until he wins. I selected him last time out when he was 4th behind Borderlescott, he was outpaced for a long time but flew near the end, probably lost a few lengths to get a clear run and only finished 3/4 of a length away. Could get a fast gallop to suit and I would be surprised if he finished in the places as he has a rapid turn of foot when he can get the gaps and although he's not highly rated by many he has ability just never gets to show it. Alan Munro is on board and he won on him before and gave him a canny ride last time out, he's not one that strikes as a Group 1 winner but stranger things have happened and I'll be having a small bet on him.

• Advertisement

That's me done for the day, 10pt outlay tomorrow, better pay off! Here's hoping.

x PyRo wrote:
    3:25 York - Stone Of Folca - 1pt e/w @ 12/1 (Ladbrokes)

Feeling very positive about this one, another 1pt e/w @ 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

3:25 York

Also having my traditional each way bet on Mister Hughie, only a small .5pts e/w @ 33/1 (Ladbrokes) but I'll keep backing him until he wins. I selected him last time out when he was 4th behind Borderlescott, he was outpaced for a long time but flew near the end, probably lost a few lengths to get a clear run and only finished 3/4 of a length away. Could get a fast gallop to suit and I would be surprised if he finished in the places as he has a rapid turn of foot when he can get the gaps and although he's not highly rated by many he has ability just never gets to show it. Alan Munro is on board and he won on him before and gave him a canny ride last time out, he's not one that strikes as a Group 1 winner but stranger things have happened and I'll be having a small bet on him.

Racing vid of him on mickchannon.tv against tawaab, looks in good shape. On Tuesday he went from 50/1 to 33/1 in one movement and have heard a few things thru the grapevine that he is going to do well. I personally fancy Kingsgate native for value, nice draw and with Fallon on board he'll hopefully bring the best out of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

That's me done for the day, 10pt outlay tomorrow, better pay off! Here's hoping.

Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

2:50 York - Prince Of Dance - .5pts e/w @ 25/1 (Bet365)

The price is too big on this one in my opinion, ran in Group 1 and Group 2 races last twice since return, but won his only 3 races last year, his Maiden, and good Handicap and a Listed race. He was running against the likes of Paco Boy and Lord Shanakill in those races and this will be a lot easier. He's stepping back to 7f which will do him no harm, I don't think he seen out the 1m trip last twice but they were much tougher contests, he has enough speed to be effective over this trip and with the ground likely to suit him I think he could have a good chance of at least knicking a place if he runs to ability, tongue strap is applied now and that could well help him and he has Niel Callan on board to do the steering and he's as capable as any on his day. The trainer has only sent 3 here in the past and I doubt he'd make the trip for no reason, the horse has the ability and won in this grade last year, beating the likes of Bushman who won a Group 3 this year. Should get a race run to suit and looks good value at 25/1 in a tough race to call, small each way bet again.

Showing as a Non runner on PP

• Advertisement

I'd love to know what Hughes was doing on DR. What the fuck. He had a lovely position and restrained him to last after 1f. :confused: What a clown.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Showing as a Non runner on PP

Yeah just seen that. :(

I've put the .5pts e/w on Castles In The Air @ 10/1 with Bet365.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Stupid decision to take the far rail on Confront.

Absolutely daft, I can't understand jockeys at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I have to disagree. It was a decent idea. The ground is likely to be very good over there and he had the benefit of a rail and actually travelled shorter by not crossing the track. You can see from the kick back Confront was generating - less than those in the center. The only argument I can see for going the middle is company of other horses but with a front runner is that really an issue?

The horse just wasn't good enough on the day IMO.

Wow. :eek: Poor day but what a race. Stunned and I usually back Lordan's rides.

Bank - 275pts (+175pts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

I don't think anyone could have predicted that! V exciting race despite the losses...and with a win like that I think everyone loses..

A dude on another forum selected it!

I'm shocked and amazed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

I'm shocked and amazed.

Smart dude! Even weirder is that Picadilly Filly placed too. I ain't seen two 100-1 places in a long time. Did the guy have much one it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Whats worse is that ive backed Sole Power all season in Ireland and didnt give him any chance today! Sick..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I was looking at the form for the 1.45 (Baltimore Clipper) and saw Wayne Lordan was at York. I checked why he was there and saw he was riding Sole Power...thats as close as I got to tipping Sole Power :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

well york didnt go to plan for a lot on here today, including me,those
    100-1 winners,:o.

what do you make of the 7.40 at Kilbeggan,, Supercede @7/4.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

elliots other horse wikalla in the 6.50 is at a nice price at 6/1 for ew bet will do him and supercede in a double would prefer donoghue to be on wikalla tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

I'm shocked and amazed.

very nice ha, which forum?

coughlan08 wrote: »
    well york didnt go to plan for a lot on here today, including me,those
    100-1 winners,:o.

what do you make of the 7.40 at Kilbeggan,, Supercede @7/4.
    thanks

Haven't a notion about that one man, wouldn't go near it at the weights.
    colly54 wrote: »
    very nice ha, which forum?

Unreal boss! Punterslounge was the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Lost a biggish bet on Starspangledbanner today.

Thought he was a racing certainty.

/Carbacide

Don't think the trip suits him at all from where he was positioned. I couldn't go near him at that price, you got a better run for your money than I did though. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Pic i took of Cannot give in her stable this morning, won yesterday at 14-1 sp ,
    no one knew she would do it :(

2:15 Kempton - Avalon Bay - 3pts

Related to many winning sprinters and took form to a new level when a good 2nd in a grade 4 race here. Dropped back to 5f now and I think that'll do the trick, he handles the surface well and has run here 3 times already. Last time out he came 2nd to Dozy Joe who dead heated in a maiden at 80/1 and followed up impressively last time out. My selection pulled quite hard throughout and didn't like the slowly run race, I think he'll get a good gallop here which should suit and I'll be surprised if he's not there or thereabouts today. He has pace to burn when he gets going and he'll come on for that run 3 weeks ago and stepping down to 5f on the back of hopefully a good gallop should play into his favour. Dane O'Neill takes the ride and he's a brilliant jockey in my opinion and usually rides this course well. He's trained by Pat Eddery who has been in decent enough form of late, hitting the crossbar a lot but his horses are running well. Avalon Bay is drawn soundly and handles the surface no problems, should be around 9/2 and that looks a decent price to me, medium sized bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

argosy2006 wrote: »
    Pic i took of Cannot give in her stable this morning, won yesterday at 14-1 sp ,
    no one knew she would do it :(
    Goin for Johnny Hancocks myself:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement