Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Clemon wrote: »
    Goin for Johnny Hancocks myself:pac:
    i'd pick silly billy if i was to pick my own,

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

x PyRo wrote: »
    2:15 Kempton - Avalon Bay - 3pts

4/1 taken with Ladbrokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

4/1 taken with Ladbrokes.

I took the same with PP, fingers crossed:)

That race was run completely odd, one of the two front runners missed the break and the other couldn't get to the front. A hold up horse made the running. God I hate this game at times!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

silly billy done well , couldnt place, was so close

• Advertisement

Another poor effort.

Bank - 272pts (+172pts)

2:30 Yarmouth - Astrodonna - 1pt e/w

Been following this one for a while without backing her but I'm going to start now. Always gives her running around here having won once and placed twice from six efforts, I would ignore the last run as it was over 1m 1f is too far for her. She has been fairly inconsistent this season, hasn't registered a place yet but her penultimate start here which was over C&D gave me an indication that she was coming back to the sort of form that we seen from her in '09. She only managed 5th but hit 5/4 in running and looked the likely winner to me, she's 4lbs lower than that race and now 4lbs lower than her C&D success of last year in which she was an easy 4 length winner and has the same claimer on board that is on today. Ashley Morgan takes off a further 5lbs and that means she'll only be carrying 8st 11lbs which is certainly a help. Should be the guts of 12/1 and that would be a nice price and worthy of a small each way bet for me.

5:00 Yarmouth - The Hermitage - 1pt e/w

Really interested in this one and think she'll be well overpriced, was available at 12/1 earlier but the price has been taken down since. Would be a lot shorter in my book but the bookies seem to disagree. Trained by Mark Johnston and looks on a handy mark, hit 1.01 in running off this mark in a race at Catterick. Stepped up from 6f to 7f and that will suit, form over 7f reads; 2-3-8-3 and I always got the feeling this one is being kept for a certain handicap and looked to be running well again when 1.5 lengths behind Kanaf on the AW last time out when crossing over from a wide draw to lead but couldn't get back up after being passed. Could get a handy lead here and if she does she's very dangerous, runs with 8st 13lbs which is grand and Richard Hills takes the ride, he's an OK jockey but he's 5/15 (33%) when riding for Johnston over this last month or so and that's impressive. Hopefully the 12/1 will be available tomorrow and I'll be snapping that up!

I'll leave it at that, shocking racing tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

What you think of Kempton 9.10 Sweet Secret, Hannon and Hughes combo, both who are top jockey/trainer there, forecasted at 10/1 on SportingLife but well it's flipping Kempton and it's all weather.

Could well win but I wouldn't touch it, only 4/1 on the 'fair at the minute so I doubt 10's will be available. Not sure if it'll like the 1m around here and isn't greatly drawn. Looks exposed and a Hannon 3 year old that hasn't won in 7 attempts leads me to believe it's a poor enough sort. Al Jaadl will probably win.

• Advertisement

Could well win but I wouldn't touch it, only 4/1 on the 'fair at the minute so I doubt 10's will be available. Not sure if it'll like the 1m around here and isn't greatly drawn. Looks exposed and a Hannon 3 year old that hasn't won in 7 attempts leads me to believe it's a poor enough sort. Al Jaadl will probably win.

Aw if he was only 4/1 I wouldn't be touching him, idea was an e/w patent or lucky15.

He'll go and win now after what I've said. :pac: I'm completely out of form this last while.

2:30 Yarmouth - Astrodonna - 1pt e/w

10/1 taken, VC.
    5:00 Yarmouth - The Hermitage - 1pt e/w

14/1. Boyles.

Seen he drifted to 5/1 and through a fiver on him at the last minute. He had a get race and won by a head.:cool:

It was written in the stars.

It's my birthday today, better bring me some God damn luck. :mad:

3:30 Brighton - Honoured - 5pts

I really think this one has a solid chance today, looks like a typical Prescott improver and came back after a 9 month absence to come second over this distance at Ayr in June. Ran very well for a long time then tired but found more near the finish and was just caught 50 yards out. Seb Sanders gets the leg up this time instead of Tom Eaves and that's a definite plus. He's in good form of late and had 4 winners out of his last 15 rides. He and Prescott when teaming up at Brighton with 3 year olds have a 50% strike rate. (15/30) Prescotts horses clearly like the track and this is the only one he sends out here tomorrow, he's in great form of late and 3 out of his last 5 horses have won. There is some hints in my selections breeding that he will like the soft ground here today and the way he stayed on when seemingly finding little 2f out suggests to me that he will have no problems with the finish at Brighton. He's open to a lot more improvement and looks far better than a 52 rated horse and should be winning this. Should be around 2/1 and that is perfect for me and I'll be having a maximum bet on this one. He looks by far the horse with the most potential in this race and barring disaster I think he'll win, but anything can happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

happy b-day,,
    will go with you on this one then so,your luck is about to change(hopefully).
    will have sumtin close to what i had on workforce so heres hoping...
    best of luck kid..

Cheers man. Much appreciated. :)

Wouldn't put Workforce like stakes on him if I was you! I'm putting a 5pt bet on him but I've some spare money for tomorrow and that's going on him, hence the max bet. A few things need to be taken into account, this horse has never run before on soft ground, never won before but probably should of last time out. It hasn't experienced the track before either but I think it'll suit him. It's not worth a huuuuge bet, but on my staking plan it's a 5pt bet and I think it warrants one. 52 is a joke of a mark for this horse.

Best of luck whatever you do man and thanks for the good wishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

wouldnt be putting on the money if i couldnt affordto lose it so dont worry,
    built up a serious amount of cash from the horses the last 2 weeks (by my standards anyway) so will throw a small chunk on him,
    dont worry he will win by a length or 2...;)..so they say anyway..

Good stuff Coughlan, keep it up. :)

If he wins it's paying for my weekend!

He has lots of entries over the next week which is interesting.
    27Aug10 5:45 Honoured BATH (Four Day), rajpoot.com Handicap

28Aug10 7:20 Honoured REDCAR (Four Day), Hold Your Christmas Party @ Redcar Racecourse Handicap

29Aug10 4:55 Honoured YARMOUTH (Four Day), Get A Free Bet At southdownsbetting.co.uk Handicap

29Aug10 5:15 Honoured BEVERLEY (Four Day), Racing Again On 15th September Handicap

30Aug10 5:20 Honoured RIPON (Five Day), totepool A Better Way To Bet Handicap

Obviously he'll not be running them in all the races but I expect it'll be a Prescott horse that is well on the low side of his limits and will be turned out quickly to avoid being re-assessed by the handicapper until next Tuesday. (When he individually reassesses them, instead he'll just carry small penalties)

• Advertisement

Only bet of the day actually. Can't afford to lose much more than this one!

He will win. *Positive thoughts*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Happy birthday! It is a weak race from what I can judge. Not sure there'll be much value in him so if I bet on him it'd just be for the interest. The only issue I see is with the ground...My only slight worry would be Ermyntrude and maybe Hotfoot (based on Fallon as jockey). Also that Honoured has not run at Ayr before (and it's a first jockey too I think?). Other than that everythinhg else seems way out - I'd say odds will be drifting all over the place as punters take a lash at the wider field. Hope it works out. I think this one will come off. :) But as an amatuer I'm just musing about my worries anyway. Plus I've taken a new approach with wider selections and haven't put money on a single in a few weeks.

Happy Birthday man, where's the bash? :D

Cheers men. Scopper, I don't know what to think of most of the rest of the field, lots of exposed sorts and a few who aren't but still don't look world beaters. Prescott wouldn't go here for the good of his health and against this field I hope he wins and hope you're right. :D

Gav, not sure yet man! Might just hit the town tomorrow and Saturday night and see what damage I can do. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Happy Birthday man, where's the bash? :D

Ssssshh we'd have to buy him bday pints AND pints for all the tips :eek:

scopper wrote: »
    Ssssshh we'd have to buy him bday pints AND pints for all the tips :eek:

Birthday pints grand, but tips :eek: I picked a horse out and he told me it wouldn't win on the previous page, won by a head at 5/1.:pac:

Only joking Pyro ye big old fecker!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I was looking at Honoured myself Pyro.

The Ayr race was impressive as he fought back and looked the winner.

The time was good too, just .9 sec slower than standard but the pace dipped in the race so the time is more impressive when you take that into account.

Just looked at the race again and his action is that of horse that would like a bit of cut.

Anyone who'd like to see the race, just click on the video icon to the right of the race description in the following link.

Honoured @ Ayr

Yeah I had a good look at the video, it was a strangely run race and I also thought his action looked like the ground was too quick for him. Should be interesting tomorrow and may be a bit daft going all in on it but it's the only one I can see for tomorrow and I'm aching for a decent sized bet!

Interesting stuff with the times too. Certainly didn't look like a race that would get close to average. Plus his ability to battle back showed me enough to think he should be winning tomorrow and Seb is no mug as a jockey either. The entries are also intriguing. Should be interesting but I'm all in on it anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Gambles

Happy Birthday mate, hope you have a better one than Stephen Ireland :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

It's my birthday today, better bring me some God damn luck. :mad:

3:30 Brighton - Honoured - 5pts

I really think this one has a solid chance today, looks like a typical Prescott improver and came back after a 9 month absence to come second over this distance at Ayr in June. Ran very well for a long time then tired but found more near the finish and was just caught 50 yards out. Seb Sanders gets the leg up this time instead of Tom Eaves and that's a definite plus. He's in good form of late and had 4 winners out of his last 15 rides. He and Prescott when teaming up at Brighton with 3 year olds have a 50% strike rate. (15/30) Prescotts horses clearly like the track and this is the only one he sends out here tomorrow, he's in great form of late and 3 out of his last 5 horses have won. There is some hints in my selections breeding that he will like the soft ground here today and the way he stayed on when seemingly finding little 2f out suggests to me that he will have no problems with the finish at Brighton. He's open to a lot more improvement and looks far better than a 52 rated horse and should be winning this. Should be around 2/1 and that is perfect for me and I'll be having a maximum bet on this one. He looks by far the horse with the most potential in this race and barring disaster I think he'll win, but anything can happen.

Definitely looks a horse that will last the trip. Only really copped near the end that it was in a race in its last race and had it been another few yards it would've won.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement