Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Happy birthday dude

You deserve a change of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

happy birthday pyros and thanks for all the tips

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

Happy Birthday
    PyRo

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

happy bday pyro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Happy Birthday dude

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Thanks very much all. :D

I got 7/4 on the horse. Worried now as Plan A is being massively backed. 28/1 into 6/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Happy Birthday Pyro, ill get ya a few pints if i ever meet ya but until then this virtual pint i have in my hand will have to do:) cheers

Best of luck with the horse today, im not on him as my phone is acting up again but ill be cheering him on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

shes after drifting,please dont.....im after having a cover bet just to be safe Finch Flyer 5-1..

i really hope he wins for all our sakes though..
    cmon

edit: feck it anyway,,a feckin head,cover bet also beaten by a head..
    no luck....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

So close!:(

Fecking feck. :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

x PyRo wrote: »
    Thanks very much all. :D

I got 7/4 on the horse. Worried now as Plan A is being massively backed. 28/1 into 6/1.

currupt race/?
    its was let win,

No bets tomorrow, licking my wounds...

In the pub.

Back now, here's hoping for some luck.

Bank - 263pts (+163pts)

4:05 Newmarket - Plymouth Rock - 3pts @ 11/4 (Bet365)

Lightly raced 4 year old who has only had 7 runs to date, never out of the top 4 but has only won once. Finished behind the ever progressive Lady Eclair on penultimate start, just losing by a head that day. She has since went on to win off a mark of 93 so that form looks very solid and I think the Jeremy Noseda trained colt gain gain his second win here if running to his undoubted ability. He has been a victim of his own success this season, despite not winning he has went up 6lbs since his opening race of the season and is obviously on a constant upwards curve but hasn't been getting the results to show off his abilities. He went to the front too early last time out and hung left 2 furlongs out over a 2m trip which cost him the race, he stayed on to finish a 1l third in the end but could of easily won it if he didn't hang so badly. William Buick is on board today and he's in great form of late and is a very good young jockey, if he produces him later than usual I think he has a great chance of winning and with the ground and trip being ideal for him I think he's a worthy favourite. Medium sized bet at odds that I feel are generous. Should go very well.

the last 2 times ive backed your horses who you thought had a good chance lost,,i am not going to lose fate in ya and i too am going to back plymouth rock

wish you the best of luck,and me also....
    tlk cha....;)

Cheers dude, it's about bloody time I get a winner! I'll have a couple of others for today but that's the main one and it should have a solid chance. I hope to hell it does!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

coughlan08 wrote: »
    the last 2 times ive backed your horses who you thought had a good chance lost,,i am not going to lose fate in ya and i too am going to back plymouth rock

There's your problem Pyro, he's bad luck!;)

Actually, that's my only bet. Trawled through all the cards and can't find another.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Had €12 in my PP account, feck it I said I'd throw it on that horse.

NEWMARKET 4:05 HANDICAP 1m 6f 175y
    27-08-2010 16:05
    Win or each way
    Each Way Odds: 1/5 places 1,2,3
    Plymouth Rock @ 3.75 (GP)

E/W :pac:

Nothing ventured nothing gained and all that. Thx for the tip either way.

Cheers dude, hope it obliges but the way I've been hitting lately I wouldn't be surprised if it comes last. :o You will hopefully be my lucky charm. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

x PyRo wrote: »
    Back now, here's hoping for some luck.

Bank - 263pts (+163pts)

4:05 Newmarket - Plymouth Rock - 3pts @ 11/4 (Bet365)

Lightly raced 4 year old who has only had 7 runs to date, never out of the top 4 but has only won once. Finished behind the ever progressive Lady Eclair on penultimate start, just losing by a head that day. She has since went on to win off a mark of 93 so that form looks very solid and I think the Jeremy Noseda trained colt gain gain his second win here if running to his undoubted ability. He has been a victim of his own success this season, despite not winning he has went up 6lbs since his opening race of the season and is obviously on a constant upwards curve but hasn't been getting the results to show off his abilities. He went to the front too early last time out and hung left 2 furlongs out over a 2m trip which cost him the race, he stayed on to finish a 1l third in the end but could of easily won it if he didn't hang so badly. William Buick is on board today and he's in great form of late and is a very good young jockey, if he produces him later than usual I think he has a great chance of winning and with the ground and trip being ideal for him I think he's a worthy favourite. Medium sized bet at odds that I feel are generous. Should go very well.

I picked Plymouth Rock (in my usual trebles selections) out last night too and she has been tipped in a few places so it seems a sound choice to me. Of my selections I was most confident with this so to see you pick it too has boosted my confidence! Think this would should turn it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

the soft ground is not ideal is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

1st time poster, long time admirer,

Backed plymouth rock today, 40e @ 9/4
    Could do with it coming:D:D:D

had way to much to do when they hit the straight. another 2nd..:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

FearDark wrote: »
    Had €12 in my PP account, feck it I said I'd throw it on that horse.

NEWMARKET 4:05 HANDICAP 1m 6f 175y
    27-08-2010 16:05
    Win or each way
    Each Way Odds: 1/5 places 1,2,3
    Plymouth Rock @ 3.75 (GP)

E/W :pac:

Nothing ventured nothing gained and all that. Thx for the tip either way.

:D cheers pyro, hope u did e/w

Sorry lads, second again. Produced too late IMO. Ah well, due to strike big soon so keep an eye out!
    1st time poster, long time admirer,

Thanks dude. :)

Big day now, some good races to get my teeth into.

Been looking at this next one for ages and ages and it's a pure head-scratcher. So much pace in it and some classy types, I'm actually going for one of the outsiders and the supposed Fahey "second string". Looks a good e/w prospect and is versatile tactically and will enjoy the ground. Can't fancy any of the front runners as there is 5 or 6 in the field and it's impossible to guess what'll happen. Here goes nothing..

3:00 Beverley - Layla's Dancer - 1pt e/w

Well bred three year old who has never been out of the top four in 7 starts to day. Usually runs his race and his best efforts are usually in bigger fields. Comes out well on the speed figures and has a good turn of foot usually but never gets a race run to suit him, this time he should with so many known front runners in the race he should get a good chance to sit in mid-div and run on late off the back of a quick gallop. He was upped to 1m 4f on last two attempts after racing over 1m for most of his short career to date, he steps back to 10f here which is likely to suit and although he hasn't any form over this distance I think it's exactly what's needed. He's a reliable sort who always tries his best and now upped in class he's only carrying 8st 2lbs and has a 3lb claimer on board to bring his weight down to 7st 13lbs which will certainly help, the combination of weight and his obvious speed should help his chances, even against this better calibre of horses. James Sullivan is on board and he's good value for his 3lb claim, rides the course well and has a 14% strike rate. He has never ridden for Richard Fahey before which is interesting but he gets the leg up here on his "second string" and will hopefully be able to sit him in behind the pace and produce him late, he may have to do that from stall 6 so I feel the draw is no harm to his chances and with a good pace pretty much assured he should go well at a nice price, not a race for a big bet so only a small e/w bet at nice odds of hopefully around 20/1.

3:30 Beverley - Mister Hughie - 2pts e/w @ 8/1 (PaddyPower)

An old favourite of mine! I always back him, he's only a three year old but has already raced 18 times winning 4. Ran a career best in the Group 2 King George Stakes at Goodwood when coming 4th behind Borderlescott, didn't get a clean run and was about 8 lengths off the pace 1f out but flew home as he always does when he gets going. He ended up around 3/4 of a length behind but he gave away around 4 lengths trying to find a gap in the large field and that cost him the race in my opinion. He ran in the Nunthorpe last time out but that was a level too much for him, he never traveled throughout and now is dropped back to Listed level and should have a very solid chance at a course that he has run well at before. He'll love this ground and has won off 95 on this ground in a 19 runner handicap at Newmarket. There are many front runners here and that is ideal for him, if he gets a good gallop he'll definitely be finishing best of them all and should be able to reel them in IF he gets the gaps, it's a big if in a relatively large field but he has a plum draw and should be able to get a nice position in behind for a late run. The ground he's able to make up in the final furlong in phenomenal and it's a pity he doesn't have the speed to go with the field over the first few furlongs or he'd be a lot more competitive at Group level. Sam Hitchcott takes the ride and he has been on board him 3 times before with form reading 3-2-1. He knows how to get the best out of this fellow and if he finds the gaps at the right time I don't think he'll be out of the top 3 at least. There is a danger that he mightn't travel during the race at all as he's a quirky sort but his run behind Borderlescott suggests that a win isn't far away for him and I'll be backing him until he wins again. Certainly has the speed and ability to win this and has everything going for him. Plum draw, likely speed to suit, good ground is a plus and a jockey who knows how to ride him. Medium each way bet for me at odds that are very generous in my opinion. Channon has a good 14% record around here and his horses have been running OK of late, I think this one has a very solid chance and gets weight from a lot of the other runners. Should go well.

No more horse bets, the ground is confusing me so best left alone.

Suruor in the 2:00 at Goodwood should love the cut in the ground and at 4/1 looks good value, not sure how much the rest will like it so I'm avoiding backing him as I've lost enough of late but he has very solid claims and is still on an upwards curve.

Date With Destiny in the 3:40 at Goodwood caught my eye big time, not sure if she'll like the soft ground though. Best priced 11/4 at the moment looks good for the only offspring of George Washington, assuming she takes to the ground but she looks a classy type.

Cheveton in the 4:30 at Newmarket will love the ground and should win, will be roughly 3/1 but I'll wait until tomorrow before deciding what to do. Mightn't be able to get on here to say if I've backed it or not but it's 50/50 at the moment.

Best of luck men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hopefully a winner today pyro. Hope mr hughie and masta plasta dead heat in the beverly race so we both win :D

• Advertisement

Misteeeeeeeeeeeeeer Hughie!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement