Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

x PyRo wrote: »
    Misteeeeeeeeeeeeeer Hughie!!!!

Cheers pyro:)

Put the bet on last night and for some reason when i was watching the race today i got the names of the horses mixed up and was shouting for a different horse:eek:
    Didnt realise my mistake until i logged in my account, best mistake ive made in a while:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Misteeeeeeeeeeeeeer Hughie!!!!

Well done man ;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Thanks lads, about bloody time I broke the baron spell! Lovely time to get a nice priced winner and with decent stakes on. Happy days!

+18pts today.

Bank - 278pts (+178pts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Taking her quiet today pyro?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

greetings wrote: »
    Taking her quiet today pyro?

he's been kidnapped by PP,
    held at a secure location, untill flat season is over,
    its in the Star :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I thought it was boyles :o

Afternoon lads, was at the womans house last night so didn't get posting anything. Going through the cards now!

Edit : Nothing catches the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

i have chicago grey in the 4.30 in galway.but iv being backing Elliotts horses for awhile now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

i went for misty for me 4.15 , seeing as u had nothing up, :D

• Advertisement

Some decent racing today. Getting my teeth into it now, I've also received a proper "tip" that I might be able to reveal. :) Doesn't mean it'll win obviously, but should be trying hard at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ForzaKid

Some decent racing today. Getting my teeth into it now, I've also received a proper "tip" that I might be able to reveal. :) Doesn't mean it'll win obviously, but should be trying hard at the very least.
    Venue atleast?:P

You'll find out soon enough. :)

3:35 Ripon - Cocktail Charlie - 2pts @ 5/1 (Bet365)

I really think this one should go well tomorrow, he's only a two year old but showed plenty on all three starts. Won first time out at this course in a maiden and came second on both subsequent starts hitting 1.03 & 1.05 respectively in running. Possibly a sign that he wasn't seeing out his races when seemingly having them wrapped up but I think the ground was slightly too fast for him and he ended up getting collard late home. He was just pipped late home by Excel Bolt at Musselburgh nearly three months ago, that horse went to run in the Group 2 Norfolk stakes at Ascot and finished a brilliant 3rd just under 2 lengths behind Approve who has won since, and finished ahead of the Hannon 2 year old wonder horse Zebedee. The form looks mighty solid to me and with the ground likely to be more suitable, his previous course win and the step up in trip all in his favour I think he'll go quite well and is worth a shot. He has a lot more improvement to come and being trained by Tim Easterby will ensure that we'll see the progression. His horses have been running well without getting the amount of wins he deserves so the stable form wouldn't worry me at all, he has a good 20% SR at this course with his last 30 runners so bringing him here again interest me. The course seemed to suit him in his easy maiden win and he stayed on well in all his races which indicates the step up in trip should help. David Allan was on board for all 3 runs and he knows how to get this fellow going well so no worries about the jockey and the horses three month lay off should insure he'll be fit, fresh and ready to up his game and gain victory here. Currently around the 5/1 mark on the fair and worth a small/medium bet.

4:45 Ripon - Pepper Lane - 1pt e/w @ 15/2 (Boylesports)

This one's a constantly improving three year old with a good chance in this race, she started off the season winning at Redcar off a mark of 56 after being well backed and dropped in trip to 6f, she ran well on every appearance since hitting under 6/4 in running on every occasion and looking the likely winner numerous times. She has been a victim of her own success and now runs off a mark of 70 despite not winning since that Redcar race but I feel there's still more to come from this filly and she gets in here off bottom weight carrying 8st 7lbs and has a top jockey in Silvester De Sousa on board. He has been in great form this year and he has a 28% strike rate when riding for David O'Meara. De Sousa doesn't often ride at Ripon but the last time he came here he had 2 winners and a second from 4 rides which is impressive, the second hit 1/100 in running and should of won, the other was a no hoper. He clearly rides the course well and the horse has course experience also with two previous runs, one was his debut when she was a good second and the other was a fourth place on soft ground which didn't suit. The ground today is ideal and the trip is her optimum. She's well bred and despite having had 13 career runs to date there could well be more improvement in the tank. She'll get a race run to suit and looks a good each way prospect if giving her usual performance levels, her attitude is usually spot on and with a better jockey on board now I expect to see her go quite well. She's hovering around the 6/1 mark on the fair and if I got that price come morning I'd be happy. It's a tough race to call so I'm only playing small each way stakes but she has everything going for her and should relish the challenge, I expect her to go well and she looks overpriced in comparison to the opposition.

Last bet..

3:10 Epsom - Oldjoesaid - 2pts e/w @ 10/1 (Bet365)

It's only a matter of time before this fellow clicks again, he's a long time without a win, April 2008 to be exact but that was off a mark of 19lbs higher and on soft ground, he'll get cut in the ground today and 3 of his 4 of his career wins have come with cut in the ground, all of which were off higher marks than todays. He hasn't run with much zest this season but that's due to the ground in my opinion bar one race where he was 15/16 on softer ground but that was over 6f which he's ineffective at and he's over an even 5f now at a track he has experienced twice which included one good 4th place on quick enough ground, whilst the other was a write-off due to the rapidly fast ground. Neil Callan takes the ride today for Kevin Ryan, they have a decent 14% strike record together. Callan hasn't been in great form of late but he hasn't had too many decent rides of late but will hopefully be able to change that here on this fellow who should be an ideal ride for him. There will be a good pace in the race which will suit him and he's drawn perfectly in stall 7. He has moved from 14/1 into 10/1 overnight also so he's being backed from somewhere so hopefully today is the day. I'll be very surprised if we don't see him come back to himself on this ground and put in a good effort, he looks well overpriced to me and on his day is the best horse in the race. Should be a 5/1 shot in my opinion, has everything going for him and is worthy of a medium each way bet and he's my Nap of the day.

Right lads, got this tip from a close mate who has his contacts in the trade, expected to go well today. Source is usually good and only gives out these once in a blue moon, doesn't mean it'll win but he's usually not far off the ball.

The horse is.. (Highlight the spoiler!)
    2:40 Bath - Alltherightmoves

I know nothing about the horse so can't add anything bar what I've been told. He's 11.5 on Betfair at the moment, hopefully will be that come morning.

Don't shoot the messenger! It could come last for all I know but he's expected to go close.

2pts win bet for me.

Good luck if anyone plays, not one for massive stakes given the type of race but hopefully he'll go well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Right lads, got this tip from a close mate who has his contacts in the trade, expected to go well today. Source is usually good and only gives out these once in a blue moon, doesn't mean it'll win but he's usually not far off the ball.

I know nothing about the horse so can't add anything bar what I've been told. He's 11.5 on Betfair at the moment, hopefully will be that come morning.

Don't shoot the messenger! It could come last for all I know but he's expected to go close.

2pts win bet for me.

Good luck if anyone plays, not one for massive stakes given the type of race but hopefully he'll go well.
    Gonna throw 20 quid on it, haven't had much of a flutter in a while tbh.

Best of luck with the rest :pac:

Best of luck if you go for it dude, apologies if it doesn't go close. I never ever ever posted a tip up so hopefully it's a lucky omen.

Best of luck if you go for it dude, apologies if it doesn't go close. I never ever ever posted a tip up so hopefully it's a lucky omen.
    Ah, doesn't matter much, it's been a while since i've had a good win on the horses, one more loss won't bother me too much :P

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

2pts win bet for me.

Still SP on PP. When do they usually post the odds?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

2pts win bet for me.

Hes 14/1 on PP

Stuck a few quid on him e/w.

It could be a good day if this comes in and if Athletico win tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 15,277 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Stuck a fiver E/W on the tip. No big loss if it doesn't work out :).

Cheers, pyro.

hes at 17/1 on the exchange will stick a 5 ew on him.any tip is worth a go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

A fiver E/W on him. 16/1 with Will Hill :)
    Cheers Pyro, not expecting anything though :)

Got 16/1 myself. Quite surprised there has been no price move on it yet. Hopefully he'll give us all a good run for our money at least. I hate giving out "tips" so apologies if he gets trounced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

2pts win bet for me.

Just saw this in time. €5, here's hoping

EDIT: Ah well, win some lose some

dident have a great start dont no where he came in near the back i think.

goes looking for his shotgun to get xpyro.only taking the piss xpryo

Jesus that was poor. That's why I rarely post them. :o

Sorry lads, very disappointed with that altogether. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Oh well.

• Advertisement

It's always worth a flutter for when you win the big one :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement