Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Can you remove the big quote in that post please dude, clogs up the page for me big time! (Edit : Cheers man. :D)

Having a couple more I'd say, still scouring the cards. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

It was Louis Phillipe Beuzelin that rode Sisindu last time pyro,but Dwyer's on him tomorrow.
    Have to disagree with you on Ahmed Ajtebi,I really think he's one of the better young riders,you don't become a stable jockey with Godolphin for nothing.

How the hell did I manage to get mis-read that?! Jesus Christ! :pac:

Oh no, I think he's poor. Any time he gets to the front he has this wonderful art on un-balancing a horse, never seen anything like him! He's just lucky he gets to ride good horses all the time.

Haha,a simple mistake. I'd still have him above Spencer anyway,how he was Ballydoyle jock I will never know. The new Godolphin claimer Antonio Murgia (I think that's his first name?) seems useless. I'd have Ted Durcan first jock for Al Zarooni. I think Darragh O'Donnoghue does a great job on Godolphin runners,he picks up a fair few spares.

Spencer's class on certain horses though, on the rest he's average. Never understood how he got such a high profile job tbh, lunacy.

Zarooni needs better jockey's IMO, Durcan is beyond terrible and I don't like the camel man as you can tell! Spencer would fit in nicely there. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Don't like Spencer either Pyro and he nearly rode Ballydoyle into the ground a few years back. Murtagh is a great jockey for them now but Fallon would be doing the same if not better bar the 'incident'.

As for Zarooni's jockeys, Durcan I have yet to see have anything near a good ride (when did he get so highly rated anyways?) and I don't think Dettori has been as good since his crash, just don't think that fight is there (I emphasise AS GOOD... thats an opinion of course).

I'm not around this game long enough to know what Spencer did there, all I've heard is he was poor to say the least!

Durcan is a terrible jockey IMO, they'd be as well of sticking a 13st me on top of the horses, at least I'll try. :pac:

Anyways, I'm still trying to find bets! :(

2:20 Lingfield - Eye Of Eternity - 1pt e/w @ 8/1 (Bet365)

Well bred filly who is a previous C&D winner, won quite easily that day in a lower grade but showed plenty of potential since then without winning but showed plenty of ability in 3 of her following 4 races, she hit around 1/3 in running on all those occasions and looked the likely winner, including last time over 1m at Brighton when looking likely to lead them past the post but tired in the final furlong. That race was run too quickly for her and she's now upped a further furlong back to an ideal trip which will hopefully do the trick, the ground is listed as GS at the moment, she raced on similar ground last time and seemed to relish it and should progress further for experiencing it. David Probert takes the ride today and he's an exceptional jockey and has been aboard her twice already, winning once and placing on her last time out. He's riding as well as ever and is a top young jockey and only has to do 8st 4lbs here today, although 1lb out of the weights. My selection is upped in class but the weight against these should come in handy, the ground is ideal, there's a good jockey on board and she won well over C&D. She has everything going for her and should be around 8/1, looks an ideal each-way bet for a progressive horse who still has more to give. Small each way bet for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

i might follow you up on that one man, 8-1 each way wouldn't be too bad if it came through.

2:50 Lingfield - My Manikato - 2pts @ 6/1 (Bet365)

I'm quite interested in this one, showed plenty of ability on all three starts coming in the top three on all occasions but ran very green every time. He's well related to many winners and is now upped in trip (which should suit) and visored for the first time, hopefully the visor has the desired effect as he seems to run all over the place when put under pressure. He's trained by Luca Cumani who's an extremely good trainer and rarely visits Lingfield, he comes here with just this fellow tomorrow and has Kieren Fallon on board to boot. Fallon was on board on 2 of his 3 runs and should know exactly how to get the one going. Cumani has an impressive 18% strike rate when running his horses on the turf here and he and Fallon have a 21% strike rate generally. Fallon is in good form of late and riding well with 10 winners from his last 35 rides and he has a highly impressive 28% strike rate on the turf here and My Manikato is probably his best hope of a winner from his 3 rides. He proved he handles a bit of cut in the ground last time out and should improve for that run, the visor should stop him wandering under pressure and the step up in trip should evoke further improvement, he should have everything perfect tomorrow and at projected odds of 11/2 he looks good value in my book and more importantly he stands a solid chance of shedding his maiden tag at the 4th attempt, this is a decent little race so he's only worth of a small-ish bet but should go well if the visor has the desired effect.

• Advertisement

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    i might follow you up on that one man, 8-1 each way wouldn't be too bad if it came through.

Cheers mate, I'll be delighted if I get that price come morning, should have a great chance of placing at least but as you know with horse racing, it's not easy to get things right. :(

The above is my last selection.

All of this dissing of Durcan is hurting my eyes :(

I just realised what race you were on about there Pyro,looked at that one yesterday,looks a seriously tough one to call. Your lad has a very good shout though.

x PyRo wrote: »
    An interesting one to start me off tomorrow..

3:00 Brighton - Sisindu - 1pt e/w

He doesn't go.

Fallon not riding today aswell,can't see yet who's taking the ride on Cummani's horse in the maiden.

2:20 Lingfield - Eye Of Eternity - 1pt e/w @ 8/1 (Bet365)

3rd.

Keep an eye on that one, he'll win again soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

3rd.

I backed your pick and Negotiation 2nd and 3rd for me :rolleyes:

My Manikato was poor.

-1pt today.

Taking a look at Kempton now.

Ajtebi... what a clown!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

3rd.

Had €50 on him to be placed @2.46 on BF.

Nice one

• Advertisement

What did Ajtebi do?

iggy wrote: »
    Had €50 on him to be placed @2.46 on BF.

Nice one

Good stuff Iggy, nice price too. :) I should of split my stakes and went 80% place, 20% win.
    greetings wrote: »
    What did Ajtebi do?

Gave Auden a shockingly bad ride, unbalanced him as only he can. :pac:

Can't say I saw anything wrong with the ride,Brighton is just a tricky track.
    Are you going to give me the code for the fantasy league?

I thought it was poor.

I'll PM you now.

Nice one thanks

Saturday - Betfair Sprint Cup - 3:40 Haydock

Starspangledbanner - 5pts @ 9/4 (PaddyPower)

I'll add to this in the next couple of days, not one for ante-post bets but it's close enough to the race. He should win this race.

9/4 is a lovely price on it.
    Here's hoping that a 100/1 shot doesn't beat it!

3:40 Redcar - Soviet Secret - 2pts @ 6/1 (Bet365)

Beaten favourite last time out when sent off 10/3 in a tougher race than this, he was caught wide and was never a factor. He's a highly progressive sort, still relatively unexposed with only 7 career starts, came second 5 times and won a maiden at Newmarket. Ran into a decent Chris Wall horse next time out and went down by a small margin. His form overall looks very solid and there's surely more to come back over a mile, he came second on all 4 previous starts over 1m and has since been campaigned over 7 furlongs. This is an ideal chance to get his head in front and he seems to be underrated by the odd compliers to me, I have him as a 4/1 shot and consider him nicely overpriced here. He's versatile tactically, can be held up or ridden to lead so he should be suited by any sort of race and could prove ahead of his handicap mark. Adam Beschizza takes the ride and he's extremely good value for his 5lb claim and looks sure to have a top future in the sport, he has already ridden 20 winners from his 180 odd rides and is constantly improving as a jockey, he has only rode once at this course back in July and that ended in a victory for him. His 5lb claim leaves my selection carrying a decent weight of 8st 13lbs which also includes a handy 5lb weight allowance for being a 3 year old. He's trained by PJ McBride who rarely visits Redcar and it's interesting that he has young Adam on board for all 3 of his horses tomorrow, despite Adam only riding for him once before. Soviet Secret holds a fairly solid chance here if things go his way and I fancy him to put his last run behind him and continue progressing, he's worth a small win bet at nice odds and I fancy him to get the better of the Fahey horse.

3:50 Salisbury - Rimth - 3pts @ 4/1 (PaddyPower)

Extremely speedy filly who came back from a 3 month absence after her debut win to come 3rd in the Group 2 Lowther Stakes. That was a highly impressive win considering she ran very green and never looked to be traveling comfortably at all, Spencer possibly kept her too far off the pace then tried to get her closer to the pace a bit too early and with a slight change of tactics now dropped into Listed level should see her do much better. She impressed on her only race before that in a decent maiden at Windsor, she showed an electric turn of foot to win that by over 3 lengths, beating some decent sorts. Her trainer Paul Cole considers her one of the quickest two year olds that he has ever trained and if she lives up to those comments she should be winning some good races in the not too distant future. She re-opposes Margot Did who was just over 2 lengths ahead of her that day but I feel my selection has the potential to be as good as her today and hopefully reverse that form. She holds an entry in the Group 1 Electrolux Cheveley Park Stakes at Newmarket, a race which Paul Cole has won before and if she's going to be competing at that level she should be well able to win this race, despite the odds on Margot Did being in the line up. Rimth looks a big price here and if she settles I think the 4/1 price will be made a joke of. Spencer is riding well enough of late and he's key to her potential success here, if he gives her too much to do I find it hard to see her winning, but if he can get her a handy position a few lengths behind the leaders and settle her she'll be tough to beat. No obvious pace sticking out at me and that may be perfect for my selection who I believe has the best turn of foot in the race and with the ground being quick tomorrow it'll suit her perfectly. She should go well and is worth a medium bet in my opinion and will hopefully reverse the form with the Michael Bell horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Saturday - Betfair Sprint Cup - 3:40 Haydock

Starspangledbanner - 5pts @ 9/4 (PaddyPower)

I'll add to this in the next couple of days, not one for ante-post bets but it's close enough to the race. He should win this race.

7/4 now and 2/1 on Boyles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement