Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Must of been my bet. :pac:

9/4 with Laddies still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

x PyRo wrote: »
    Saturday - Betfair Sprint Cup - 3:40 Haydock

Starspangledbanner - 5pts @ 9/4 (PaddyPower)

I'll add to this in the next couple of days, not one for ante-post bets but it's close enough to the race. He should win this race.
    I shall throw my Eye of Eternity winnings on him to win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Must of been my bet. :pac:

9/4 with Laddies still.

No Laddies near me afaik, Betpack is even 2/1.:mad:

Best of luck dude, if he doesn't win I'll be shocked. My reasoning when posted will tell why I'm so confident!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

No Laddies near me afaik, Betpack is even 2/1.:mad:

SkyBet still 9/4.

http://www.skybet.com/betting/horse-racing/flat/t10005470.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Its all to do with Paco being withdrawn and obvious clamour for SSB. He'll go well and probably win but not for me. Especially at 9/4 without the draw being decided.

Do me a favour PyRo and find out why i have to log in every 2 minutes here. Its wrecking my brain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

That Salisbury race,Brevity could be a real danger. I didn't even look at racing today,one of those 'I couldn't be holed looking at all the races' days

3:40 Redcar - Soviet Secret - 2pts @ 6/1 (Bet365)

GET IN!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

Congrats pyro, hopefully the next will be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

GET IN!!! :D

Nice one, here is hoping for the rest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Thanks Pyro! Knew you'd be back on track. Put a small bet on this and it covers the rest of bets for the day so anything else will be profit :)

ooooooo so close, who won??????

Brevity. Not sure how Rimth didn't end up winning that tbh. Even on the photo Rimth looks like she won. :confused:

Brevity. Not sure how Rimth didn't end up winning that tbh. Even on the photo Rimth looks like she won. :confused:

what did you watch it on, on pp they were saying he won i think?

Edit place ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Place ain't bad especially just coming off a winner.

what did you watch it on, on pp they were saying he won i think?

Edit place ah well.

Racing UK, it was a dead heat at worst. Don't know how they called it so quick.

+9pts today.

Bank - 276.25pts (+176.25pts)

I'm lumping on Rimth next time out! Could of been a great day. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

by a nose, so close to a big double, hard luck

A winner each so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

Did you see that Towy Boy won again today Pyro?

• Advertisement

Saturday - Betfair Sprint Cup - 3:40 Haydock

Starspangledbanner - 5pts @ 9/4 (PaddyPower)

I'll add to this in the next couple of days, not one for ante-post bets but it's close enough to the race. He should win this race.

Best priced at 7/4 now. Quite happy with that, he'll go off very short for a race of this quality. If he's not around 5/4 I'll be surprised.

Reasoning will be up tomorrow night.
    noelpat wrote: »
    Did you see that Towy Boy won again today Pyro?

I did surely mate, no that he knows how to win he'll win a few more. I'd still keep an eye on him for the future on the AW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

7/4 taken,nice size bet on..:cool:

Best of luck dude, I think he's by far and away the best 6f sprinter in the race and should win it. I can't find anything to oppose him with.

3:10 Musselbrugh - The Nifty Fox - 2pts @ 8/1 (PaddyPower)

Very speedy sort who has won 6 times over 5f and has won once over C&D with numerous other fine performances here too, he tends to go better when the ground isn't too fast and as it stands it's ideal for him. He usually runs well around here, raced 9 times and has only finished out of the top 4 on one occasion. He's draw high which doesn't seem to be the place to be but his win here came from a high stall and with the pace more than likely coming from Whozthecat in stall 2 I think he'll end up getting a nice pozzy in behind the leaders and he'll hopefully run on when the gaps appear. His one course victory was a hands and heels hob, he broke well from the highest stall and ran alongside the pace setter and just flew inside the final furlong without needing to be hit. That was from an 8lb lower mark and on soft ground but he has improved for racing in better company since then and his last win came from 3lbs lower on Good ground at Catterick in a tougher race than this, he was bumped and short for room in stages but won comfortably in the end suggesting that he's ahead of his mark but hasn't followed up since.

His best effort since then was over C&D, from a low draw, and on rapidly fast ground. He hit 1.09 in running and looked the likely winner but got reeled back by Rasaman who he re-opposes here. They were over 3 lengths away from the rest but my selection gave Rasaman 8lbs in weight and this time he will be getting 3lbs from him (after jockeys claim) so that's effectively an 11lb swing for an defeat of a head. They opposed each other last time out, with my selection coming 3rd and Rasaman running on late to win comfortably but his 6lb penalty should be enough to see him find it hard to win. He has to give weight all round and I think he'll find it tough to beat The Nifty Fox off these terms plus a career high mark and there's a massive price difference with Rasaman being 9/2 and The Nifty Fox is currently best priced at 8/1.

My selection is trained by Tim Easterby who has seen his stable hit a decent run of form over the last few months and 3 of his last 7 sent out have won suggesting they're in flying order. He sends out 3 here tomorrow to a course that he has an impressive 15% strike rate and 4 of his last 15 runners here have won. David Allan is on board him tomorrow and interestingly it is his only ride of the day at a course that he does well at and he's not riding either of the other Easterby horses which is unusual. This will be his 40th ride on The Nifty Fox, of which he has won 6 times and has never been out of the top 4 from 6 rides on him at Musselburgh. He gets the best out of this horse which is especially obvious when you notice that the horse has won only 1 other race without Allan on board. My selection was a very well backed 2/1 favourite last time out, hopefully that was money from connections which suggests he'll be taking advantage of his falling mark soon and getting another victory which has eluded him since October of '09. The horse clearly has ability and is in fine fettle, he should go well tomorrow and I think the 8/1 is very overpriced, I had him as a 5/1 shot in my book and even 12/1 was available earlier on but that bookmaker has since taken down their price until the morning. If that price comes up again tomorrow I'll be going back in for more but at the moment a small win bet on The Nifty Fox will suffice and in my opinion he should be favourite. Everything's going for him tomorrow and he should be on the premises once again but it's a tough race and not one for big stakes. Here's hoping his return to the winning enclosure is today.

3:20 Lingfield - Goodwood Starlight - 2pts @ 8/1 (Bet365)

Won for the first time in 2 years when winning at Epsom by 8 lengths in a similar quality race to this, he got rid of his usual temperamental attitude and loomed up a couple of furlongs out on the bridle and just sailed by them with ease. He ran next time out over 1f extra on softer ground, both of which didn't suit him. He looked a big danger over 1f out in that race but ran out of steam and finished behind the ever improving Kansai Spirit. I'll happily draw a line through that race as the trip was the downfall of him. He was a very impressive horse as a two and three year old and has previously been rated as high as 95 when with the Dunlop yard. He has won off a mark of 4lbs higher than this in the past and if continuing in the same vain of form that he showed at Epsom Downs then I expect to see him go very close here on the AW, he only raced once on this surface which was at Kempton Park, he ran well enough that day to finish 5/13 off that career high mark of 95. Robert Butler is the jockey on board, he's a 3lb claimer but not a very good jockey at all but if the horse runs like he did at Epsom then it wouldn't really matter if a 13st me was on board! It doesn't look the strongest of races to me and he could well prove to be the best horse in the race if he settles off the back of a hopefully strong gallop which is ideal for him. He's up against some unexposed sorts but he's open to improvement himself after only rediscovering his abilities and if gaining some confidence from his recent win I think he can push on and gain a couple more victories. He is dropped back in trip to 12f which is another big positive and he should go very well if handling the track, he's likely to be around 6/1 and looks the value to me, I have him priced up as a 3/1 shot so there's a big discrepancy there if the forecast price comes through. Usual qualms over him handling the track etc means that only a small bet is applicable but he should go well and hopefully win.

That's enough, keeping the rest of the bank for some beyond epic racing on Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

Hi Pyro
    I know you don't like irish racing but you did so well at Galway.
    I am going to Leopardstown tomorrow any tips.
    Thanks for all your tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

3:10 Musselbrugh - The Nifty Fox - 2pts @ 8/1 (PaddyPower)

This is the one I was looking at last night. Its such a tough race that I'm keepinhg out of it though. Good luck

That's enough, keeping the rest of the bank for some beyond epic racing on Saturday!

Can't wait,what a weekend's racing.

• Advertisement

eliza64 wrote: »
    Hi Pyro
    I know you don't like irish racing but you did so well at Galway.
    I am going to Leopardstown tomorrow any tips.
    Thanks for all your tips.

Hello Eliza,

I'll go through the card later tonight and hopefully be able to pick out a couple from it, the Group races look mighty tough to call but I'd say I'll be able to get a couple from the handicaps.

Thanks for your comments and for reading my posts. :) Hopefully you'll have a good day tomorrow and I'll throw up a couple of selections tonight at around 11pm if that suits?.

All the best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement