Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Value Nulty, value. ;)

Lovely stuff. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Wellity wellity wellity :o

I'd like to have another go with Frankie on board and a clearer run. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

x PyRo wrote: »
    Busy busy busy fun filled day. :D C'mon Starspangledbanner.

2:00 Haydock - Cityscape - 1pt @ 11/2 (PaddyPower)

Been waiting for this fellow to come back since his run in April. He was a very smart two and three year old, placing in Group 2 & 3 contests and was sent off 16/1 in the 2000 Guineas in which Sea The Stars won. He finished out the back of the field but was reported sore and wasn't seen for nearly a year. He came back to finish an excellent 4th in the Newbury Spring Cup off top weight. Next time out he was backed from evens into 4/9 in a Listed race, he finished a neck behind King Of Dixie mainly due to running all over the place which cost him a victory. He clearly has lots of ability and looks over priced considering his placings at Group level. Robert Charlton has hit a bit of form lately with 20% of his horses in the last couple of weeks winning their races. He has a good 18% strike rate at this course and 4 of the last 15 he has sent here have won. Steve Drowne takes the ride today and he has been on this fine colt 5 times, winning once and coming second 3 times. He rides the course well and has an 11% strike rate and has won on 7 of his last 26 rides here. Cityscape clearly has a lot of ability and if he copes with the 4 month absence I think he'll be on the scene today and should push Awzaan all the way, he is the horse who I consider his biggest challenger here. He may find 1m a bit far and has no form over this distance bar coming 2nd last in the 2000 Guineas this year. He looks too short at 11/4 and despite being an impressive 2 year old and a Group 1 winner I feel he's certainly opposable. Cityscape should love the quick ground and the track will suit him so hopefully he can put his break to one side and prove up to the task here, just a small bet but he warrants a lot of respect in this company and is overpriced at 11/2. He's a 7/2 shot in my book and seems underrated.
    Pyro your a legend, thanks mate had a nice bit on this :D

3:30 Brighton - Ethics Girl - 1pt e/w @ 7/1 (Bet365)

Wins easily at 9/1 today.

I never even looked at Thirsk, if I had I'd of definitely selected her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Wins easily at 9/1 today.

I never even looked at Thirsk, if I had I'd of definitely selected her.

X Pypro, fancy anything this afternoon, i have a few euros left in my account and i want to wipe it clean as such :)

I just missed the start of the football this afternoon.

• Advertisement

Now for my favourite races, Heritage Handicaps. :)

3:05 Haydock - Kansai Spirit - 3pts @ 5/1 (Ladbrokes)

YABADABADOOOOOOOOOOOO! :pac:

Lovely horse, get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Best backed horse of the day. Happy days. Now lets go starspangledbanner! Have him doubled with Rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Good stuff man, had Cityscape on your advise earlier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

YABADABADOOOOOOOOOOOO! :pac:

Lovely horse, get in.

Had him as well pyro your write up helped make my mind up so props for that, Was my biggest bet of the day but thinkin of doubling up with the banner now but don't know what to do... decisions decisions!

EDIT: Did a rip van winkle and starspangledbanner double after. Heres hoping!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

markab !!!!!
    had a saver on it lol, won my stake on star back,

• Advertisement

Wow, very disappointed with that. Well done with Markab Nulty.

+13.5pts today.

Bank - 285.75pts (+185.75pts)

Thank god I only had a tenner on the double. Good day all the same for you pyro.

Wow, '''very disappointed''' with that. Well done with Markab Nulty.

'''''''''+13.5pts today''''''''''.

Bank - 285.75pts (+185.75pts)

:D

Great day for me profit wise, poor day in terms of my max bet. Really thought he was going to win that race, ah well.

Glad Murtagh didn't win on RIP after not going over to ride SSB!

Wonder how much Coolmore will have lost on SSB in the last two runs. I read before the Nunthorpe that he had 140 mares lined up at home to cover,but decided against sending him back in order to run him in these two. Could have done his value a bit of damage.

Haven't a notion, but they cost me a bit. A happy Saturday regardless. :pac:

Could prove a big mistake running him in that race, I wonder if we'll see him again? Doubt it.

ginger jack anygood

Don't know. :pac: Backed him a few times though.

If he's as good over 5 as they reckon,I don't think they have anything to lose by sending him to the Abbaye,but that's a damn near lottery to call.Doubt he'll go there either,doubt we'll see him again.

Ginger jack was all over the place,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Thanks Pyro! I added these to my selections on doubles from a wide selections and these were the trigger to make those combos work! Otherwise I'd have blown it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

coughlan08 wrote: »
    7/4 taken,nice size bet on..:cool:

ah well,,have no luck backing any of your selections..:o

on a side note, well done with today

Very disappointed with him, went off too quick in front despite being on the fastest part of the track. Tough season took its toll on him. Sorry dude, and to Iggy and anyone else who backed him based on my optimism and opinions.

Still a terrificly great day for me, good lump of profit and a nice 50% strike rate for the day that was tough on punters. I'm happy, yet so sad!

Apologies to Eliza for the Leopardstown ones, only Ask Jack ran with any credit.

No selections tomorrow, time to hit the pub.

Pyro I'm fed up of you apologising so much chill out still a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Very disappointed with him, went off too quick in front despite being on the fastest part of the track. Tough season took its toll on him. Sorry dude, and to Iggy and anyone else who backed him based on my optimism and opinions.

Still a terrificly great day for me, good lump of profit and a nice 50% strike rate for the day that was tough on punters. I'm happy, yet so sad!

Apologies to Eliza for the Leopardstown ones, only Ask Jack ran with any credit.

No selections tomorrow, time to hit the pub.

Its fine I had a cover bet on Markab which covered most of my bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

No need to apologize I enjoyed my day out anyhow. Two winners at Haydock were good.
    Don't feel bad I wouldn't have done any better without your help.

4:45 Yarmouth - Rough Rock - 1pt @ 11/2 (Bet365)

Won today at 20/1.

Absolutely sick that I missed him. :( First time I haven't backed him in a long time. Argh!

Won today at 20/1.

Absolutely sick that I missed him. :( First time I haven't backed him in a long time. Argh!

could have used that, :eek:

3:10 Bath - Gwilym - 2pts @ 7/2 (Bet365)

A 7 year old gelding but still in fine fettle as proved when winning a 6f sprint from a 3lb lower mark, ran well on three subsequent starts and ran especially well last time out when a change in tactics over 5f at Sandown seen him finish second to Effistorm who has went on to frank that form by winning off a mark of 79 next time out. He seemed to relish the change in tactics and repelled all bar one, who was clearly on a good mark and suited by the race. This race seems to lack pace and Gwilym may just get a handy lead in this small field and should prove dangerous if leading from the front again. Dane O'Neill takes the ride and it's his only ride of the day at a course that he usually rides well at, he has been on board this gelding last twice and clearly gets a good tune out of him. He rarely rides for Haydn-Jones but has an impressive 17% strike rate when doing so. Derek Haydn-Jones' yard is in fine knick of late and 3 of his 7 runners in the past 2 weeks have won with one coming 2nd and the other 3rd. The yard is firing on all cylinders and they only send two here today, both of which have solid claims. The ground should be rapidly fast which will suit Gwilym perfectly and with an extremely capable jockey on board he must have a very good chance, especially if he continues his making all tactics which seemed ideal last time out. He has never won off a mark this high but looks well treated and on an upward curve this year which is surprising given his age. He's not ideally drawn but most of the horses who like to track the leader are around him and the hold up horses are on the other side, the pace will hopefully come from him but if not it will be made by horses close to him suggesting that the draw mightn't hinder his chances. All in all I think he has everything going for him, quick ground, good jockey, trainer in form and will more than likely get a race run to suit. I have him down as a 9/4 chance so the current 7/2 looks like value to me and I expect a bold showing from him and hopefully a win, small stakes at a generous price.

• Advertisement

Only bet of the day.

Keeping an eye on Footprint in the 5:05 at Roscommon. If the ground goes good to soft I might back it. He'll win soon, more than likely with a bit of cut in the ground.

In the 6:05 at Roscommon Askeria is out again, backed her at Galway when she only managed 4th after a 4 month break, she's worth looking at and should be around 4/1. Ground should be ideal and Fran Berry is up which is a big plus.

That's all folks, just the one selection. Hopefully he'll oblige.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement