Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

ROSE so close,

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

x PyRo wrote: »
    2:05 Newmarket - Ramona Chase - .5pts e/w @ 20/1 (StanJames)

Risky one, plenty of ability but can't seem to win. Dangerously handicapped now running off a mark of 79 and warrants respect at these odds. Hasn't won for 35 odd races since winning a 5 runner novice stakes in September of 07. Based on those stats you'd wonder why I'd bother but at these prices and the likely hood of her coming good someday soon off this mark being pretty good I feel she's worth siding with for a couple of races. Has loads of ability and speed, extremely well bred but just seems to have attitude problems. Fallon is on board and if he can get her to settle and run on late as she seems to like to do whenever she bothers then I feel she has a decent chance in what will more than likely be a strongly run race. Fallon rides the course brilliantly and this is only the 3rd time he has teamed up with this trainer, the other two came 4th and 2nd. Trainer isn't in good form but I think it's not that important with a horse like this, if she turns up as she can she'll make a mockery of the 20/1, if she turns up like she did last time out she should be 500/1. This is an easier race though, on ground that will suit, great jockey on board and on a track where she has ran well when coming 3rd in a similar graded contest at the end of June. Small each way bet on the off-chance that she decides to run to ability.

Wins today @ 9/2. Done it nicely. First win since September 07. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

?

That's a lovely question mark, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Do you like mine¿

• Advertisement

How Wigmore Hall didn't win I'll never know.

Done at 1.01.

Thank God the ground scared me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Get in 2 euro on myplacelater at 25 and 2 in running at 50 on betfair !!

Send some of it to Jamie Spencer!

screenshot on the way !!

What?

Edit : Just seen your edit. :pac:

I believe you! I should of backed WH and put in a big lay at 1.01, could of cleaned up. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

5:20 Doncaster - Oldjoesaid - 1pt e/w @ 16/1 (WillHill)

It's only a matter of time before this fellow clicks again, he's a long time without a win, April 2008 to be exact but that was off a mark of 19lbs higher and on soft ground, he'll get cut in the ground today and 3 of his 4 of his career wins have come with cut in the ground, all of which were off higher marks than todays. He hasn't run with much zest this season but that's due to the ground in my opinion bar one race where he was 15/16 on softer ground but that was over 6f which he's ineffective at. Jamie Spencer takes the ride today for Kevin Ryan, they have a brilliant 23% strike record together out of 200 rides. Spencer hasn't been in great form of late but will hopefully be able to change that here on this fellow who should be an ideal ride for him.

There will be a good pace in the race which will suit him and he's drawn soundly in stall 11. He was available at 16/1 with William Hill earlier and if I get that tomorrow I'll be quite happy. I'll be very surprised if we don't see him come back to himself on this ground and put in a good effort, he looks well overpriced to me and on his day is the best horse in the race. Traveled well for a long time and hit 6/4 in running (somehow) but I don't think the awkward track suited him and he'll be more suited to the flats of Doncaster where he has run well twice. Coming 6th of 22 off a mark 14lbs higher and coming 4th of 21 from a 19lb higher mark on soft ground too. They've left off the blinkers that were on last time out and replaced them with a tongue tie which will hopefully rejuvenate him. He's a horse with lots of ability but hasn't been showing much of late, here's hoping he comes back to his old self but with conditions to suit and a jockey who should suit his style I feel he could make a mockery out of the predicted 16/1 price. He's an 8/1 shot in my book which is a fair difference and he will hopefully go well, small each way bet and my final selection of the day.

do you own the betbuddy website or are they copying your tips??

Gona invest some of the winnings on the N.T.D horse in the bumper at Uttoxeter. And thats me done for the day.

domino123 wrote: »
    do you own the betbuddy website or are they copying your tips??

I don't own it, but I post my selections there.

I don't own it, but I post my selections there.

was wonderin!!
    so whose gonna win d big bucks 2day!

No idea! Hopefully there'll be a few higher confidence bets tomorrow, todays were all small enough bets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

whoops sorry wrong forum:eek::eek:

Jamie Spencer is a clown.

Held Oldjoesaid up last for God knows why. Backed from 18/1 into 6's and does that, lunacy. He flew towards the end of the race passing 8 or 9 horses in the last furlong, he's coming back to form and I'll be on him next time again.

Damn you Spencer! :(

Jamie Spencer is a clown.

Held Oldjoesaid up last for God knows why. Backed from 18/1 into 6's and does that, lunacy. He flew towards the end of the race passing 8 or 9 horses in the last furlong, he's coming back to form and I'll be on him next time again.

Damn you Spencer! :(

most infuriating jockey ever!!.....idiot......another half f and he had it

How he can do that over 5f is beyond me. It's completely mad. If Kevin Ryan's money made that price move he'll be very unhappy with him.

-7pts today.

Bank - 275.75pts (+175.75pts)

Roll on tomorrow.

In fairness Oldjoesaid missed the kick, was niggled along after a furlong and switched to get racing room. Its a 5f race, everything needs to go right and it just didn't for Oldjoesaid.

Can't blame Spencer for that. The replay is up on ATR as of now.

• Advertisement

Smaller write ups that usual, quite tired!

2:35 Doncaster - Sirvino - 3pts @ 6/1 (Bet365)

Highly progressive 5 year old in 2009, winning 5 of 6 starts including the John Smith's Cup. Went from a mark of 65 to a high of 101 which is astounding progression. Has had two runs this season, a decent run in a Listed event and came 6th out of 18 at York off top weight last time out. Didn't get the best of runs through that day and should be more suited to the Doncaster track here, and handles any ground, so no problems if it's soft or better today. Lightly raced with only 12 career runs which is nothing considering he's five years old and he has won on 5 of those occasions. Finished 8l behind Sweet Lightening last time out but there's a 9lb swing now and on a course that should be ideal for his galloping style he should fare better here. Should get a race run to suit and with Philip Makin on board he has a very capable jockey on top who has won on him 4 times. He knows how to get the best out of him and the smaller field should be a big plus for Sirvino. He's open to more progression and should strip fitter for those two runs and looks value at 6/1, I had him as a 4/1 shot in my book and I expect he'll be backed tomorrow. Medium sized bet at nice odds.

3:45 Doncaster - Dyna Waltz - 1pt @ 9/1 (StanJames)

Quite a good three year old filly who won the Lingfield Oaks trial beating Timepiece into second. She was upped from 7f to 1 1/2 miles that day and stayed on very well suggesting she'll stay this extra couple of furlongs, she showed a good attitude to win despite being off the bridle a good few furlongs out, she's very lightly raced with only 6 runs to her name and has plenty more to come. The ground is ideal for her today as anything too fast doesn't really suit her and if a little bit of cut stays in the ground it'll be even more suitable as she seems like the sort who'll enjoy a softer surface. Trained by John Gosden who has been in great form of late and has an excellent 19% strike rate at the course and has a 28% strike rate here this year. William Buick gets the ride and he has been in great form since the last week of August with many a winner, if he can get her settled in behind the pace setters she has a good chance of going close here if staying the extra distance, she looks a potentially classy sort over these middle distances and have that perfect mix of pace and stamina. She's an 11/2 shot in my book so the 9's look overpriced and with the stable form and conditions to suit it seems very generous to me. She will have to step up on all previous form but she certainly has room for more improvement and if coping with the 4 month absence she should be bang in the frame if running to ability.

4:20 Doncaster - Eucharist - 2pts @ 11/2 (Bet365)

Really progressive 2 year old who impressed me last time out when winning a similar contest at Goodwood. Only won by a neck but ran into a lot of traffic problems and got very badly hampered 2f out, when she saw daylight she took off like a good thing beating a horse who I rate in, Majestic Myles. There's an extra 110 yards here which, judging on the way she ran on last time out, will suit her perfectly. She looks a classy enough individual and could well find the 5lb rise quite easily overcome. That traffic problem last time out probably cost her a few lengths and the brilliant attitude she showed to get back up leads me to believe that there's a lot more to come from this 2 year old filly and with ground conditions ideal she should stand a great chance. Drawn in stall 1 which isn't ideal over 6f but I think she has enough ability to overcome it and should be around 5/1 which is a good price. She's 3/1 favourite in my book so the projected price looks tasty. Small win bet at hopefully good odds.

5:25 Doncaster - Everymanforhimself - 1pt e/w @ 33/1 (Bet365)

Looks a very big price considering his efforts last year, he was the model of consistency coming 2nd more often than not but did manage to win off 92 and then again at Lingfield in a decent race. He certainly has ability but for some reason or other just hasn't shown it in 2010. Dropped to nearly his lowest ever handicap mark now which is 85. 15lbs lower than his peak last year, that will certainly help his chances and is now dropped back to 6f after running and 7.5f last time out which is too far for him. This should be a lot more suitable and with the extremely talented Silvester De Sousa on board he stands every chance of returning to form now dropped in grade. He's tactically versatile and can be ridden prominently or held up, he's versatile on the ground and should be ideally suited by the galloping nature of the Doncaster track. The draw has been kind to him too with him being drawn high in stall 18 of 21 which is perfect over the sprinting distances here, he should be able to get a nice sit in mid division and run on late if he's up to it. The blinkers that were on for the first time last time out have been retained and there has been a bit of late night money for him with him moving from 50's into 33/1. He looks overpriced on last seasons form and if returning to his usual ways he should run a good race, 4 places paid and certainly worth a small each way bet. 16/1 would be a more realistic price so even after missing the 50's, 33/1 looks good.

4:20 Doncaster - Eucharist - 2pts @ 11/2 (Bet365)

Really progressive 2 year old who impressed me last time out when winning a similar contest at Goodwood. Only won by a neck but ran into a lot of traffic problems and got very badly hampered 2f out, when she saw daylight she took off like a good thing beating a horse who I rate in, Majestic Myles. There's an extra 110 yards here which, judging on the way she ran on last time out, will suit her perfectly. She looks a classy enough individual and could well find the 5lb rise quite easily overcome. That traffic problem last time out probably cost her a few lengths and the brilliant attitude she showed to get back up leads me to believe that there's a lot more to come from this 2 year old filly and with ground conditions ideal she should stand a great chance. Drawn in stall 1 which isn't ideal over 6f but I think she has enough ability to overcome it and should be around 5/1 which is a good price. She's 3/1 favourite in my book so the projected price looks tasty. Small win bet at hopefully good odds.

Lovely. :D

Needed a bit of luck after a few terrible selections.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Nice one. One up on Hugh as wellB-)

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

Lovely. :D

Needed a bit of luck after a few terrible selections.
    Good man Pyro I just checked my account on Bet 365 and I'm more than happy with what I see thanks to you ;)

5:25 Doncaster - Everymanforhimself - 1pt e/w @ 33/1 (Bet365)

Into 12.5 on the exchanges :eek:

That was some gamble. Into 8/1 from 50's last night. Pity he got no run.

+5pts today.

Bank - 280.75pts (+180.75pts)

• Advertisement

1:35 Doncaster - Dinkum Diamond - 2pts @ 8/1 (VC)

Classy 2 year old who won well on debut in a maiden and went on to win a listed race next time out in impressive fashion. He was sent off 11/4 favourite in the Group 2 Norfolk Stakes at Ascot and flattered to deceive on lightening quick ground, the ground was too quick for him that day and with slower ground today I think he has solid claims. He ran in the Nunthorpe last time out against the big boys but was obviously up against it from the off, he ran on well near the end and finished 4l behind Sole Power in 7th place. He was unsuited by the rapid gallop that day and now back against his own age groups he should find it a lot easier and should get a more suitable race. His trainer, Henry Candy, said he came out of the Nunthorpe really well and that's obviously good to hear. He's got a high draw in stall 11 of 13 which is perfect over this minimum 5f trip and with the track being ideal for him I'm expecting a big run. Dane O'Neill is on board and he knows how to get the best out of him and has won on him 2 of the 3 times he has been on board, he's an ideal ride for Dane who's a very talented jockey and if he can get him settled he'll have every chance. I marked Dinkum Diamond up as 4/1 second favourite in my book with Zebedee the 5/2 favourite (Was 4's, now 10/3) so the value for me lies with the Henry Candy colt who is crazily double the price I think he should be. Small win bet at tasty odds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement