Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ennisweed

thanks pyro ive beem following u for awhile today is the first day i backed horses on ur tips i done a double with poets place and capponi home he cums in now ive 20 quid on him now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

ennisweed wrote: »
    thanks pyro ive beem following u for awhile today is the first day i backed horses on ur tips i done a double with poets place and capponi home he cums in now ive 20 quid on him now

Heh, I'd say pints are on you tonight!

Good day PyRo. Just had a flutter on the two ledgers, Sans Frontieres did me proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ennisweed

thanks pyro they only paid me 9/2 on capponi cause i never tooka price thanks tho up 137 and cudnt off happened at a better time was real stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

any tips for the last in doncaster??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Well done Pyro

Good day

I had a treble on the Doncaster bets which nearly came off

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Thanks for all the kind comments men, hope ye made a few pound today.

Poet's Place : 1st - 5pts @ 11/2 = +27.5pts
    Capponi : 1st - 1.5pts e/w @ 8/1 = +12.14pts (15p R4 Included)
    Approve : 2nd - 2pts at 4/1 = -2pts
    Carnaby Street : 4th - 1pt e/w @ 16/1 = -2pts

Profit for the day : +35.64pts

Carnaby Street was backed into 8/1 from 20's. My book had him as a 7/1 shot, didn't win obviously but my methods are working thankfully.

Capponi was 8/1 last night, backed into 9/2 and was a 5/1 shot in my book. Got that nearly spot on too. Delighted that he won too.

Unbelievably happy with todays results, I've said that enough but I'm just delighted!

Bank - 311.39pts (+211.39pts)

I achieved my treble the bank target. :D

Now for the quadruple.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Well done. Fell asleep for the afternoon so just saw the results now. Had an EW L15 on your lot plus a few other wins as well so all in all very nice to wake up to B-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

x PyRo wrote: »
    I achieved my treble the bank target. :D

Now for the quadruple.

Fair bloody play man. Great to see. You may falter from time to time, but never for long. A true winner :D

Cheers mate, very nice of you to say. :D Delighted with how it has went, gone from being pretty clueless to knowing a bit. Hope it continues! :)

Fixed a mistake in my calculations, I forgot to include the 15p R4 into Capponi's calculations.

fantastic day......can wait for listowel this week:):)........im thinking northern alliance for the national again.....wat du think?

• Advertisement

I'll get back to you on that one closer to that day mate. :)

Another ante-post selection. Reasoning up closer to the day, quite risky if he doesn't end up running but I'll take my chances.

William Hill Ayr Gold Cup (18th Sep 15:20) - Poet's Place - 5pts @ 7/1 (StanJames)

Barron said if he comes out of the race he won today OK that he'll run, I trust him and if he runs he'll go mighty close. Only 6.2 on the fair, 7's looks generous after todays win and the extra half furlong will be a major plus. Pray for rain too. :)

I'll get back to you on that one closer to that day mate. :)

Another ante-post selection. Reasoning up closer to the day, quite risky if he doesn't end up running but I'll take my chances.

William Hill Ayr Gold Cup (18th Sep 15:20) - Poet's Place - 5pts @ 7/1 (StanJames)

Barron said if he comes out of the race he won today OK that he'll run, I trust him and if he runs he'll go mighty close. Only 6.2 on the fair, 7's looks generous after todays win and the extra half furlong will be a major plus. Pray for rain too. :)

i got him at 10 yesterday......mite throw another lump on him again!:) fantastic horse
    hes into 6 now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ForzaKid

I'm not licking arse here but you F&cking make a show of 'ATR Tipsters'!

Seriously I'll be informing all my Gambling friends about you and yer Selctions! Btw I had 10 euro patent on your Selections 'Capponi,Approve and Poets Place!:)Returned ALOT!:o

What You Fancy Tomorrow Man?

Thanks for the comments mate, much appreciated. :) I wouldn't know about the ATR thing though! :p

Great stuff with the patent, tidy return and would of been immense if Approve had of been a few lengths better. :eek:

No fancies yet, still browsing the cards and they'll be up in the coming hours if I find anything worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Well done today Pyro. You staked your selections well. That Capponi run was something else. DeSousa won that race with a horse.

Cheers mate, always hard to get the staking spot on but it was perfect today for once!

I didn't even see that race, I had to help my Grandad at his house today so I came back after he raced and seen he won, to my delight!

Anywhere I can catch a replay? ATR charge again. :mad:

What are you talking about? The charge is only for LIVE racing on the net.

Register and log in. Search for Capponi and click the replay button.

*Punches stupid self in head*

Cheers mate, I logged in and seen it said I had to pay, but just noticed that's because it automatically goes to the "Live Video" section! Thank you.

De Sousa rode that brilliantly, I can't possibly like the man any more than I do! He's a brilliant jockey.

It took some nerve to stay out there on his own but he had a Johnston horse under him!

He's so strong considering he weighs feck all. I hope he decides to go South and gets a top job as he certainly has the ability to ride for a good stable but I doubt we'll ever see it. :(

Sure had a Johnston horse under him, great attitude and determination, very progressive and game horse. Just the type I love picking out. :pac:

• Advertisement

He's so strong considering he weighs feck all. I hope he decides to go South and gets a top job as he certainly has the ability to ride for a good stable but I doubt we'll ever see it. :(

Sure had a Johnston horse under him, great attitude and determination, very progressive and game horse. Just the type I love picking out. :pac:

He will sureley get a stable job if he wants it but hes got a few years to go. The weight he can do though, he's better off freelancing IMO. He can get any handicap good-thing. Group races are another thing though.

Yeah I was wondering about the Group races alright, what would he do for that? Just bulk up or something? He's so strong at what he's at now so imagine if he had an extra 7lbs+ of muscle, or so. :eek: Although I doubt it's that easy and straightforward! I'll live and learn. :pac:

Well, its about using the weight the horse has to carry. At the moment I think his lowest riding weight is 7-12 which means he can ride any horse. But if he's doing a weight of 9-5 then theres 1-7 dead weight that is not being used to encourage the horse...I'm sure you know all this but anyway...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/oct/11/silvestre-de-sousa-profile

I know about it being the weight the horse has to carry, what's the story with the dead weight though? If he weight 7-12 and the horse has to carry 8-12 then what's the story with the extra stone? Such novice questions but I've never bothered to ask anyone and just assume any extra weight that the jockey doesn't have is added to the saddle or something! Probably not that though.

Seen that article before, looks like he's a very level headed lad and it's great to see he looks at his strike rate, I do look at his quite a lot too. :pac: He has done me numerous good turns, class act!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Trust the one day I'm not on the internet and you rake it in. Fairplay!

Few nice tips for tomorrow like a good lad, have a free €25 from betpack so wanna turn that into something nice, €500 will do ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

thanks pyro am after drinking what i wpm to day thankssss anf gudd nite

Trust the one day I'm not on the internet and you rake it in. Fairplay!

Few nice tips for tomorrow like a good lad, have a free €25 from betpack so wanna turn that into something nice, €500 will do ;)

That's always how it goes mate! :(

I'll do my best, got one that I think meet my criteria, investigating at the mo'. :pac:
    naughto wrote: »
    thanks pyro am after drinking what i wpm to day thankssss anf gudd nite

haha good stuff Naughto, hope you had a good night. :)

Think about it...

you weigh 13st....you run a mile...good

You weigh 12st and carry a bag with 1st of crap in it...run a mile...not good

Thats pretty simplified but it needs simplifying

Confused, big time!

• Advertisement

Its to do with force. The dead weight being carried is inert. Its not doing any work. Its like fat -v- muscle. If you have 1st of fat, its not making you go any faster, its making you go slower. If that fat were muscle it would be contributing to your velocity. Its a really simple idea.

If you dont get it you need a better teacher :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement