Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Unlucky pyro,2 points or 200 points,it's better than minus 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

You notice Poets Place's draw x pyro?? stall 14, Think the higher draw seems to be more prefered than the middle draw?
    Have a nice little ante post bet on him but he's drifted a tad today so bit worried now!

Jimmy Styles won it from 15 last year.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

(Ayr Bronze Cup)

4:30 Ayr - Cheveton - 2pts e/w @ 16/1 (Bet365)

Once again I'm selecting this fellow who I've been following for a while now, he's very well treated on his best form and has shaped as if coming back to something relative to his best form on some recent runs. He's 6 years old now but with conditions to suit here and a good draw I'm expecting a good run. He is stepped up to 6f now, a trip that he has never one over before as it stretches his stamina but his best form is on Good or softer ground. He has been raced 6 times over 6f, 3 times on Good to Firm ground which counts him out already, 1 time on the AW when he was a maiden (Came 4th) and twice on Good ground, once coming 12th of 19 off a mark of 95 which he has never won from on turf. The other run was a highly impressive 2nd place out of 20 runners at York a year ago in the big 6f sprint race in October when being beaten by Kaldoun Kingdom, who runs in the Ayr Gold Cup on Saturday. That run was off a mark 10lbs higher than today and with Dale Swift taking off a further 5lbs I certainly believe the trip isn't as big a worry as his record would suggest. The bit of cut that's in the ground at Ayr right now is also even more of a positive and all his Good or GS form should put him right in the mix here.

Cheveton was an unlucky loser last time out at Sandown when finishing behind the highly progressive 3 year old Joe Packet over 5 furlongs. My selection was 3 lengths behind that day but he struggled to get racing room and really took off in the final furlong when the gap opened up on the rail, if that had of come earlier he might just of done better and possibly won. There was no cut in the ground that day and he really seemed to be back to his best that day, the extra furlong here will suit him based on how he was closing before the line and with a likely strong gallop from the higher drawn numbers he certainly should get an ideally run race as he seems to thrive on the back of a good gallop. Cheveton started off this season running off a mark of 97 and has since dropped a total of 12lbs, I find it hard to believe that this horse will go through a season without winning a race and with that 12lb difference and Swift's 5lb claim he'll certainly be there or thereabouts come the final furlong if all goes to plan. He has the speed to match any of these runners but just needs everything to go right for him, which I think it may do here today. He also ran well at this course on his only visit, which was back in July when he was a 1 1/2 length 3rd behind Favourite Girl, that was over 5f and he stayed on well inside the final furlong which helps my theory that he'll stay the 6f here. Ayr is typically fair to most type of horses and I think the track is ideal for his style and I want something that'll be coming off the pace here and he fits the bill perfectly.

The draw bias is a hard one to call but in the 5f sprint on day 1 the first 3 home (of 19) were 18,19 & 16. Suggesting that that it may just be the place to be and with Cheveton drawn in stall 25 of 26 he might just have an ideal position and could get settled in behind on the rail if that's they choose to hold him up, which in my opinion is the key to getting the best out of him and ensuring he stays the trip. He'll need a bit of luck in running but he's surely due some having been tight for racing room in many's a race in 2010. With a clear run he should be a big threat here and I think he's on a very dangerous mark given his previous abilities and as they say, form is temporary, class is permanent, this fellow certainly has enough class to be a big threat and with the first 5 places being paid I think he looks great each way value at 16/1. He's a 10/1 shot in my book and has big big place claims at a minimum and should go very well. Dale Swift's 5lb claim means he'll only be carrying 9st 1lb which is surely a big help and I think his trainer has lined Cheveton up for this one, Price is coming to a track he has only visited with 8 horses previously and this is his only horse sent out tomorrow. The stable have been in good fettle over the last while and Swift has never ridden for him before so it's interesting to see him get the leg up, he has a good 17% strike rate around Ayr, although it's only from 17 rides but still good none the less and he comes here for 2 rides today. He's a jockey I rate highly and I think he's an ideal jockey for this horse and if he finds the gaps I think he could be on the quickest of the lot, especially if the ground has a small bit of cut in it. All in all, 16/1 is generous and he's worth small/medium each way stakes in a tough race but one I think could suit him.

Look at the Newbury 3.30 on Saturday,bet you'll have an interest in it ;)

• Advertisement

I'll be throwing the kitchen sink at him mate. :pac: Could be one hell of an expensive day.

That's the only selection for today, nothing else jumps out at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ah nuts

I see a previous pick of yours, Footprint, runs in 2.25 in Listowel. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭barochoc

I like an E/W value bet & that's certainly a good E/W value bet with 4 places . I'll get in early tomorrow & see can I get 16's. He's still 16's with Victor Chandler was 20's, Powers are 14's & Boyles are SP!!!

Card maxed out so can't stick it on now :(

Could pay for my night out Saturday :D

Ah nuts wrote: »
    I see a previous pick of yours, Footprint, runs in 2.25 in Listowel. Any thoughts?

Very very good chance, conditions are perfect and Fran Berry is on board again. He ruined Footprint's chances at Galway and will hopefully make up for that but the cut in the ground is perfect for him and he looks on a very winnable mark based on that Galway run. Came 2nd over C&D last year on similar ground and is only 1lb above last winning mark. Must have very solid claims if he's trying, big IF with Irish racing though as they all seem to be held for a gamble. :(
    barochoc wrote: »
    I like an E/W value bet & that's certainly a good E/W value bet with 4 places . I'll get in early tomorrow & see can I get 16's. He's still 16's with Victor Chandler was 20's, Powers are 14's & Boyles are SP!!!

Card maxed out so can't stick it on now :(

Could pay for my night out Saturday :D

VC are only 16's with Cheveton too, if they were 20's I'd of been biting their arms off. :pac: Lots of bookies paying first 5 to place so it's worth shopping around for.

Hope he doesn't come last now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭barochoc

William Hill paying 16's too. Don't see 5th place anywhere. I'll have to do a shop around tomorrow. VC will match any price anyway & I prefer to bet with them. Great shops in IFSC & Baggot street. Better than my sitting room :D

Bet 365, Sky Bet, BlueSQ, Powers and 888 are all paying 5 places mate.

Best of luck if you back him or anyone. :)

So many horses I've backed before run in the Bronze Cup today.

Beat The Bell @ 14/1
    Oldjoesaid @ 14/1
    Cheveton @ 16/1
    Ginger Ted @ 33/1
    The Nifty Fox @ 33/1
    Everymanforhimself @ 40/1

One of them is bound to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

oldjoesaid got a terrible ride last time.
    great jockey on top now.

l think l'l back him with cheverton.

was away for two weeks pyro but have been following this thread
    some good picking well done keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

x PyRo wrote: »
    I'll be throwing the kitchen sink at him mate. :pac: Could be one hell of an expensive day.
    What horse is that?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

I'd hazard a guess at Libranno?

agentgreen wrote: »
    What horse is that?

Thanks.
    Kod-box wrote: »
    I'd hazard a guess at Libranno?

Mister Hughie,I meant the 3.40. One of Pyro's favourites if i'm not mistaken.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

CHEVEEEETON!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Crowie13

Good man Pyro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mookie2007

Brilliant - Cheers Pyro. Great start to the weekend. :D Tight finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Pyro ya beaut.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

Great Result Pyro:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Happy days. Had a nice e/w on it. Keep em comin pyro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

great call yet again pyro.

l lumped on and did him in a combination f/c :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Super stuff Pyro, i follow your logs and picks but not often i would back any of your selections until today as it was a friday so i thought why not.

Great start to the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

Nice one, and soo unlucky yesterday with the 20/1 chance.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Legend!

That is all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Good shout man, wasnt on myself, but fair play nonetheless.

Cheers everyone, over the moon with that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Nice one Pyro.

Only have it in a Lucky 63 but it's boosted it quite a bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement