Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

He eased off? Were you looking at the wrong horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Not our day. Tried a saver on Hughs two. First one no good either :-(

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Well that was a fail of epic proportions.

Pity Mister Hughie got in a few barging matches or he could of done better. The rest weren't good enough.

Bank - 333.39pts (+233.39pts)

Not to worry. We gotta take the rough with the smooth. Just had a look at the horseracingtips4free guy. Hes having a fairly productive day so far.

Cheers mate, I knew I shouldn't of pushed my luck again but I got carried away.

Yeah he's a top bloke too, I chat to him on FB quite a bit and he lets me spam my blog on his page. :pac: He's very good at what he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

greetings wrote: »
    He eased off? Were you looking at the wrong horse?
    http://horses.sportinglife.com/Video/Racing/0,27770,396570_4,00.html

after watching it again twice yes l still think he eased off.
    he was definately taking it easier thab other jockeys around him.

anyway l better stop taking the thread off topic.

keep the head up pyro u cant win them all its only bookies money that was lost today.
    onwards and upwards.

Look just before he eases off,the horse to his right just moves in towards him,it's impossible to tell just how close he gets to him from that camera angle. For a second he eased,but think he might have got cut off.He gets to work on it then.

Unlucky pyro

Looking again,the horse is clearly beaten when it's 'eased' and wasn't going to be placed,others were flying around it,he was clearly going backwards.
    And when it's 'eased' look. The horse to it's right is getting closer and closer and the reason Franny has to stop momentarily is that his whipping with his right hand,and the horse gets so close that he can't whip it.

Another day Pyro,sure you were up 40 pts the other day,all in all a good Ayr festival.

Cheers G, good festival all in all.

Poet's Place would of made it splendid altogether, even just for sentimental value but it wasn't to be. Ground was too quick for him I'd say, thought he'd manage it but got that wrong.

Glad I found "value" on Breakheart, 14's was massive but again, he wasn't good enough in the end.

Mister Hughie drifting like a barge told it's own story.

Kellys Eye was well backed 40's > 18/1 but not good enough nor was the pace strong enough on the stands side and the ground was too fast for her too.

+23pts for the Ayr Festival.

Only one winner though.

Onwards and upwards. The NH will be a different story, it'll be my first full season at it and I'm quite worried about how it'll go, it's not my specialty at all but I do OK at it and have lots to learn so hopefully it'll be as successful as this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

It was a bad day for backing all round i think.

I had €50 on Forte Dei Marmi, won then went to my betfair to see i wasnt matched at 6.5 ffs, was disgusted lol, won at 5.8 or thereabouts i think, i was in such a rush i didnt check to see the bet went through right :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

x PyRo wrote: »
    Cheers mate, I knew I shouldn't of pushed my luck again but I got carried away.

Yeah he's a top bloke too, I chat to him on FB quite a bit and he lets me spam my blog on his page. :pac: He's very good at what he does.

Excuse me? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭thenutflush

Hard luck with Mister Hughie pyro, sure ya just never know with these horses!

....and now to ride mrs. o'reilly!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

I admire your bravery in trying to capitalise on yesterdays win, Thats what is all about,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

argosy2006 wrote: »
    I admire your bravery in trying to capitalise on yesterdays win, Thats what is all about,

argosy2006 this is pyros log for logging his selections which you dont need me to tell you he is doing very well.
    pictures of trains or links to songs on youtube are'nt going to be much help to him and are pointless lmo.

Thanks for the comments lads. :)

No selections today. Nothing catching the eye at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Amigomenor

Glad to see all going well for you xPyro.

Cheers Amigo.

4:00 Beverley - Jupiter Fidius - 1pt e/w @ 11/1 (Bet365)

Previously inconsistent 3 year old who has form behind Monterosso and Elenora Duse. (Both Group 2 winners since) He really should of beat those two when they faced off in a Grade 3 Handicap over 1m at Ripon, Jupider Fidius hit 1.06 in running that day and looked a sure fire winner but couldn't repel his challengers. In his next 4 races he only beat 3 horses home and it looked like that effort was just a flash in the pan but he has since come back to a bit of form and has won once and placed 3 times in his 4 runs since. The win came in a claimer here at Beverley when he won quite comfortably over 7.5f, although, it was quite a weak race. He was beaten easily by Miami Gator in his next two runs but that horse was in great form and is hard to peg back when given an easy lead and that's what my selection did. He ran at Newcastle over 7 furlongs next time out, I don't think he has the speed for that trip and was under pressure to try and keep with the leader two out, he looked a big threat at one stage but faded away tamely in the final furlong when headed. He hit 2.02 in running that day on soft ground which I don't think suits his style and today he'll be getting quicker ground and is stepped up to 1 mile and 100 yards, which should suit him. There's a chance that there will be a rapidly set gallop with 3 confirmed pace setters in the race and that could well play into my selections hands when stamina comes into play in the final couple of furlongs.

Dale Swift takes the ride on Jupiter Fidius today and he was on board his last twice, interestingly enough he partnered Love U Noo in 3 of his last 4 races for Brian Ellison but instead rides my selection for Kate Walton today. Swift has only ridden 3 times for her and it's interesting he's on board this fellow today, he's certainly great value for his 5lb claim and takes Jupiter Fidius down to 8st 7lbs in weight carried today and that's a certain help. Swift has won 4 of the 15 races he has ridden in at this course this year, which is obviously impressive. My selections run behind the 2 future Group winners was his first handicap off a mark of 76, he has since dropped 10lbs to a mark of 66 which is surely a winnable mark for him, even without a 5lb claimer on board. He's drawn in stall 9 which is a good position to be around a mile at this track, he should be able to get a good position in behind the leaders. He has a decent cruising speed and if he can find that turn of foot he had in that race at Ripon he could prove to be significantly overpriced here. He's actually 5/1 in my book and the bookmakers have him as the 11/1 outsider of the race which I think is crazy. He could well go back to his former inconsistent self and end up last but if continuing in the same vain he may find that extra kick the he had previously and win at a canter off a mark that I think is well below his actual abilities. At 11/1 he's worth a small each way bet with a good draw, ideal trip, ground to suit and a course he has won on previously. He's still relatively unexposed with only 12 career starts and this doesn't look the toughest of races in my eye, he's worth taking a chance on and I think he'll go well.

4:20 Folkstone - Duster - 3pts @ 7/2 (Bet365)

Lightly raced 3 year old who has won at this course before when winning easily in a similar level when beating the Hannon 3 year old Planet Red by over 2 lengths. He made all that day and had the rest of them on the stretch a long way from home and looked a decent prospect. He flopped next time out here, when running over 6f once again but he was completely drawn out of it from stall 12 and he had no hope of getting up with the pace and finished a poor 9th out of 13. Duster was stepped up to 7f next time out at Lingfield on Good to Soft ground, he ran a good race and came 3rd of 11 in a decent looking race, he tried to make all again but the softer ground didn't suit him and he was passed easily enough but was only 2 lengths behind the winner.

Duster stays racing at 7f here, at a course that certainly favours front runners and he has an ideal draw in stall 4, where he should be well capable of getting over to the rail and grabbing the lead with most of his front running rivals drawn on his outside in high numbered stalls. The quick ground is a certain positive for him and I expect if he gets a handy lead that he'll be very dangerous and could run the rest of them into the ground. He is reunited with Stevie Drowne who rode him to victory over 6f at this course and gave him a canny ride that day, he's a jockey I rate highly and he has a decent 12% strike rate at the course which he doesn't visit too regularly. When riding for Hughie Morrison here he is 2/5 (40%) and will hopefully be able to add to that today. Morrison has a brilliant record around here and has won with 15 out of his 62 runners here (24%) which is obviously very impressive. He has another runner in this race too, Realt Na Mara is saddled for him here with Jim Crowley on board but he has never won off such a high mark and I expect that Duster will be the horse they're expecting to win. He's 2/1 clear favourite in my book and the 7/2 looks quite generous. I expect a big performance here and he's worthy of medium sized stakes in a race that should prove to his liking. Should go very well if things go to plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

will prob go in on it,your surely going to give me a winner at some stage..:P
    3/1 now best priced anywhere...it must be because of your lump of money...:o
    best of luck anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

Haven't looked at this thread in a while, and i see you're up to around 250pts profit. Very impressive stuff.

I think i might have to start following your tips on a consistent basis. I don't want to heap too much pressure on you but my bets will be ranging from 50c to a whopping €2!

I believe the phrase you're looking for is "high-roller".

Jupiter Fidius is 5/1 second fav now.

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

ah crap i have it down as S/P he was 9/1 at lunch :(

7/2 favourite now! :eek:

Never ever take SP!

Made no odds anyways, fuck.

I'll watch the replay when it comes up, he was very short of room according to the radio guys.

I'll be on next time out for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Never ever take SP!

had no choice as could only make my bet this morning online ah sure he didn't get in to the race at all from sounds of no worries.
    I'm still up 300 this week

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Crowie13

Never ever take SP!

Pyro you might have to stop this log in the near future if the PP are taking ur selections as gospel now ;)

Took 9/1 this morning myself think he was the rank outsider bar one, got a bit of a shock when I checked the odds just before the off. Alot of people obiviously faniced him.

Powers were the last ones to cut the price. :pac:

Connections must of fancied him, the money didn't come until 15 minutes before the race.

Definitely keeping an eye on him in the future, I'm adamant he's better than a 66 rated horse. He'll probably go down another couple of pounds for that run too.

Pity today wasn't the day for him.

Big gamble on another horse against Duster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Powers were the last ones to cut the price. :pac:

Connections must of fancied him, the money didn't come until 15 minutes before the race.

Definitely keeping an eye on him in the future, I'm adamant he's better than a 66 rated horse. He'll probably go down another couple of pounds for that run too.

Pity today wasn't the day for him.

Big gamble on another horse against Duster.

the big gamble would of won too,couldnt find a gap until very late on..
    unlucky btw in your own selection

• Advertisement

Leaving Duster alone from now on I'd say. Avoided my old favourite Rough Rock, who won. :(

Keep an eye on Kings Bayonet, it would of landed the gamble if Queally hadn't of ruined it.

Bank - 328.39pts (+228.39pts)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement