Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Kod-box wrote: »
    Theres a definite future in this for you anyway man, if Dave Duggan can land a job with ATR theres hope for anyone though :pac:

Who knows mate, could be! Hopefully anyways.
    greetings wrote: »
    Actually Pyro,are you using 100 euro per point or ten? Or something different

Couldn't be saying dude, I don't want people knowing what I win/lose. That's why I use the points system, keeps it all private.
    argosy2006 wrote: »
    Tried various torture techniques to get that answer, all failed, :D

You sure did. :pac: You'll never know either. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

Kod-box wrote: »
    Faack...didnt look good when it was pulled up in that race alright and he jumped off straight away, never good to see.

Fair play on your phenomenal strike rate btw...Hugh and Tom could only dream :P

He played up at the start and didn't want to go into the stalls. If that is unusual for the horse maybe there is a case to be made for the Vet having a look at such horses? I have no idea if a cursory examination would have revealed anything but with the benefit of hindsight it appears the horse knew something wasn't quite right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

x PyRo wrote: »
    Couldn't be saying dude, I don't want people knowing what I win/lose. That's why I use the points system, keeps it all private.

Are your stakes in any way related to your bank or do you have a max bet on mind that you won't exceed?

L'prof wrote: »
    Are your stakes in any way related to your bank or do you have a max bet on mind that you won't exceed?

They are and haven't changed since the start of the thread. I do have a limit I won't exceed, I can't say what it is though but Workforce put me off using it again!

Feck it, now that I've internet access I may as well select something!

I've a big outsider that I fancy for tomorrow. Might come last, might surprise some people and run well, who knows!

5:30 Newbury - The Only Key - 1pt e/w @ 50/1 (Bet365)

Decent 4 year old filly who performed well in Germany, won 2 races there as a 3 year old. Has since moved to a small yard here and has run twice. Showed little on debut when coming across from a bad draw to try and make all over 10f at Newmarket but weakened badly when headed and was eased down over a furlong out finishing 15 lengths behind the winner, that was on Good to Soft ground, she has form on soft ground out in Germany when a 4 length away 4th in a Listed race but I think todays likely Good ground will be more ideal and she won both her races on a similar surface. Her next run was over C&D in a far hotter contest off a mark of 88 on very fast ground. I thought she traveled well throughout when using more cautious tactics than the previous race and I don't think the quick ground helped her in the final couple of furlongs and she ended up in 14th place (of 18), 8 lengths behind Forte De Marmi. On the face of it I don't think it was a terrible run at all and she seemed to be cruising quite nicely at one stage and the gaps never really came, she probably wouldn't of been quick enough to get through but she caught my eye as one with the potential to do well in lower level handicaps.

The Only Key is now dropped into this class 3 handicap, up against some decent sorts but nothing of the calibre of horses she faced last time out, the ground will also be a lot more suitable and if she can repeat some of her runs from Germany I think she could have a chance of knicking one of the four available places. The price is probably due to the yard she's from, they've never had a winner from 35 runners with only two 3rds and two 4th places. After 2 years of training he's due a winner and I think you could find a lot worse 50/1 shots out there. She's dropped 7lbs by the handicapper which is surely handy and Luke Morris takes the ride, he's a decent jockey and had a 40/1 winner at this track just over a week ago. She has a grand draw from stall 3 and should be able to get a nice position on a track that should suit her galloping style. She's a 20/1 shot in my book based on her German form and I think 50's are too big. Stranger things have happened and she's worth a small stakes each way bet. May come last, may return to form, but certainly worth keeping an eye on as she's the best horse that yard has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

The Only Key is currently 33/1 on PP's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Superfin wrote: »
    The Only Key is currently 33/1 on PP's.

Ladbrokes the only ones going 50/1 still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

got him at 33-1 stuck a small interest bet just to see how he does.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

got him at 80-1, and 75-1 :D,

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

VC had it at 40/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I got him at...ah no, I didn't.

GL all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,456 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Hope there isnt a non-runner now. The four places could come in handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭YohanCabeye7

50/1 in Ladbrokes again.

C'mon ya beauty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

90.0 on Betfair, only got a tenner on that though.

Serious day for long shots winning or going close.

We might get lucky or she'll come last. Hopefully she'll give a good account of herself.

Lol this must be the most anticipated race of the year. If only the Horse Whisperer was on boards to let the horse know we are rooting for it ;-)

People just seem to love outsiders. :pac: I do anyways.

It's annoying when you get no run for your money though. That could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Come on The Only Key! You can do it

Are we all sitting comfortably? B-)

I've a feeling this could be embarrassing! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Stuck in work, keep us updated

x PyRo wrote: »
    I've a feeling this could be embarrassing! :o

HaHa! I bet you were not expecting this expectation?

Dreams and hopes may be dashed

3rd. :D

Fcuk me so close, great race great pick, thanks Pyro

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Take a bow, only had a tiny amount on it but fairplay Pyro.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Haha well done man

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Crowie13

It's getting better man, happy days Pyro ur a legend :D

Fair fooks Pyro B-) :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Go on the kid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

sweet :D

had 9.0 to place, not as good as the bookies i dont but delighted all the same

Excellent shout man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement