Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Space War tomorrow in the 3.25 at Nottingham.. Ive heard a word for it, what would be your opinion?
    Top weight in pretty hot handicap will have it all to do and price will be skinny enough.A few quid ew on Figaro Flyer Kempton 8 50 he runs off a mark of 57 and has won similar races off higher marks,trading around 16 to 1 might pay dividends.Likes to come from behind and sometimes needs the gaps to open up but wins in his turn .Well handicapped and should give us a run.Im having a pony ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I must start following this thread more:pac: You're in flying form Pyro.. keep the head and keep building that profit:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Had a few shillings on this too. Top stuff lad.
    Whoever recruited you for BetBuddy.mobi is really some man :D :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Doocey wrote: »
    Had a few shillings on this too. Top stuff lad.
    Whoever recruited you for BetBuddy.mobi is really some man :D :pac:

Yeah, what a very wise man. :pac: Pity the dude posting the stuff is far superior. :p

:pac:

Only bet of the day.

4:50 Salisbury - Lochan Mor - 2pts e/w @ 8/1 (Bet365)

Consistent yet frustrating 4 year old who I selected last time out when he finished 2nd of 11 when headed by Esprit De Midas in the final 50 yards of a 6 furlong contest at Haydock Park on very testing Heavy ground. My selection took up the running over 1f out and possibly hit the front too early. He hung right in the run in and could give no more, with more patient tactics in this 18 runner field and a bit of luck he could go one better if running to ability. He hit 1.51 in running last time out after being well backed throughout the day into 11/4 favouritism from 6/1. He has finished 2nd on 7 occasions from 14 career starts with just 1 victory to his name. He is ultimately consistent and has only finished out of the top 4 on one occasion when having his stamina stretched over 7f on the All-Weather track at Southwell. Lochan Mor should have everything going for himself today with heavy rain predicted at Salisbury pretty much ensuring the soft ground on which he excels on. I also think the large field should help him settle, he's tactically versatile with both prominent and more cautious tactics suiting him to equal effect and with his draw in stall 18 of 18 he should have the option to do either.

With Salisbury being a track that typically favours the big galloping horse I find it interesting that Michael Bell bring Lochan Mor here for the first time. He doesn't often visit this track and has only came here 7 times this year with no winners but 6 places. Overall, he has a decent 11% strike rate here and this is the only horse he sends to this track today. Young jockey Ian Burns takes off a valuable 7lbs in weight effectively leaving my selection to run here off a mark of 73 with weight carried being 8st 12lbs. That's a sure help and one of his lowest weights carried in quite a while. The most likely chance of Lochan Mor winning a race of this calibre is with ground with some cut in it and he will get that here. His form on Good-to-Soft reads - 2-2-2 and with a bit of luck he could be adding a "1" to that today if all things pan out in his favour. With the assumption of the track suiting him and the ground being ideal I'm expecting a very big run here from the ultra consistent and relatively unexposed Michael Bell gelding. His jockey for the day comes here for only this ride and despite not having the most impressive overall stats from his relatively short riding career he has only ridden twice at the track with a 2nd place and a 3rd place. He must be good value for his 7lb claim and he has ridden 12 times for Bell, winning once. The yard have been bang in form this month and I think they'll be expecting a big run from their only runner at this track and at the moment he's priced up at 8/1 which looks generous to me. I had him as 9/2 clear favourite and I wouldn't be surprised to see him backed into something around that mark today. It's a clearer reflection of his chances and I think he can gain his first win since May of last year if he gets some luck in running and a good ride from his claimer. Regardless, he has a lot going for him here and is worth a medium sized each way bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Just started following this thread and obviously came in at a good time . Had The only key e/w yesterday @ 33/1 . Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Best price 5/1 now! Market manipulator! Fair play buddy...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

x PyRo wrote: »
    Yeah, what a very wise man. :pac: Pity the dude posting the stuff is far superior. :p

:pac:

On Horse Racing yes, elsewhere nee chance :p

Might take a punt on that 8/1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,456 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Few non-runners including Soap Wars who had a chance as well. Only pays 3 places now though but that should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

ill have a punt good thread nice work good luck to all

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Down to 9/2 on PP.

I'm still on it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Still pying 4 places oon Betfair, he's a shade odds on for the place though, and 5/1 for the win

I see theres two 2-horse races today at Salisbury aswell.

Ya. One of them has a 1/9 fav lol. Lot of non-runners today. Must be lashing rain over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Pyro, don't really bet on the horses that often myself but have been reading though this for the last while and I'd just like to echo the sentiments of those before me in saying well done fella and congrats. Might have to start having a few bob on a couple of your selections myself...

Cheers everyone. :) Hopefully the little lucky run continues here, ground is really soft now which should suit him perfectly. Quite a few non-runners though but still being well backed. Will go off even shorter I'd say.

Backed into 10/3 favourite and ran poorly. :(

No good, sounded like it was beaten a long way out :(

serious drift on that Mirza too that won it.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Backed into 10/3 favourite and ran poorly. :(

at least ya got the market right again man :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

very poor horse today , not good enough at all no excuses:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Crowie13

Ah well sure we can't win them all, he just never got him going was dead in the water along way out. Still in profit from you Pyro so not to worry :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

You take the rough with the smooth in this game

Nulty wrote: »
    You take the rough with the smooth in this game

Very true, it's a wonderful game regardless. Hopefully tomorrow will prove to be a good day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Finally a day no profit was made, its was getting boring to be honest ,:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

hard luck man, all been there,

Who wants a 10/3 winner anyways when we are used to gettin them in double figures ;-) Onwards and upwards lads B-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

very true guys, Im in no way angry at all just a little ddissapointed when you see such a heavily backed horse run so poorly but not to worry no harm in givin the bookies back 50 when they are taking such a bashing from a genius like pyro
    Cheers mate your tips are top notch keep it up,
    there helping me save for my trip to america !!!!

It's damn frustrating alright, I think the race was run completely the opposite to what he wants and the jockey did him no favours at all. Got the market right, got the horse wrong. That happens unfortunately but roll on tomorrow.

Cheers for the kind words mate.

3:45 Newmarket - Zaidan - 2pts @ 9/2 (Bet365)

Unexposed 2 year old who made great strides when winning the Chesham Stakes at Ascot in June, beating some classy 2 year olds in the process. He was over 5 lengths ahead of the highly progressive King Torus who finished 4th that day, he has went on to win 2 Group 2 races since including one demolition job when winning by 6 lengths. My selection then bombed out on softer ground next time out in the Listed Washington Singer at Newbury. That was only a 4 runner race which was run at a very fast gallop, he tried to keep up with the pace setter early on which put paid to his challenge and he found little in the final couple of furlongs. The soft ground was put forwards as the main reason for his poor showing but I don't believe that to be the case. He certainly appeared to be traveling nicely throughout and in my opinion he suffered due to the pace. There's no real speed merchants in this race that will take the field along at 100mph so I'm expecting things could go in the favour of Zaidan. He brings the best form to the table and is officially rated as the best horse in the race, 3lbs clear of his nearest challenger, The Paddyman.

There is a possibility that the ground may not be overly soft tomorrow as it's expected to be fairly sunny at Newmarket and if it dries up a bit it'll suit my selection perfectly, if not, I still think he has the ability to go well with a bit of cut in the ground despite that being the excuse for his run last time out. The Newmarket course should suit his galloping style perfectly and he's a big strong colt who should still have a lot more to give. Zaidan holds entries in the Group 1 Dewhurst Stakes and the Racing Post Trophy. He's clearly held in high regard and I consider him a very exciting prospect for next year if all goes well. It may be a bit risky backing him on this ground but I really thought he was traveling well on it when last seen and he may find everything a little bit easier this time around. Seb Sanders is on board again and he has taken the ride on all 3 of his career starts. Sanders rides the course excellently and shows a massive £106 profit to £1 level stakes. He has a good 13% strike rate when riding for Clive Brittain and shows a tidy profit too. Sanders comes here for only 1 ride which is interesting and I think he's a great partner for the potentially top class Zaidan. I had him priced up as 5/2 joint favourite with the Hughes/Hannon horse and I feel the 9/2 available is quite a lot higher than it should be. All in all I'm expecting a big run and hopefully my judgement of the ground doesn't come back to bite me. He's worth smallish stakes at a price I consider too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pelliven

hey Pyro, been following and backing your selections for the last month and a half. what a strike rate- unbelievable. unlucky yesterday ; lets hope tomorrow is back to the norm:).pony on zaidan;)

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for the message mate. :) Hopefully Zaidan does the business tomorrow, I selected that one before on this thread when he won the Chesham so he owes me nothing but it'd be great to see him grab another win tomorrow. Here's hoping.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement