Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject Outside School

Options
  • 11-01-2010 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I'm studying a subject outside school ( it's offered in our school but I decided to do it myself outside school ). Do I do the exam with the rest of the students in my school on the day of the exam? Do I have to tell the school that I'm doing a subject outside it and will be taking the exam or do I have some form to fill out?What do I do exactly?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You have to tell your school's exam secretary so that they can send your entry to the SEC.
    Yes, you do the exam with the others.
    If there is any project or practical element you have to get a teacher who is willing to sign a legally binding document that it is your work and has not been submitted to the SEC previously.

If there is a clash timetable-wise with another subject you will be accommodated.
    There are some subject combinations that are not allowed.

Advertisement