Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero Controller Question

Options
  • 11-01-2010 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

I currently have Guitar Hero 3 Legends of Rock for the PS3. I think it's GH3, it's the one with Slash and a few others on the cover.

Basically I bought a package where you got the game and the guitar controller. However I'm thinking about buying a 2nd controller and have thought about getting one of the newer Guitar Hero games. The Legends of Rock game is about 2 years old at this stage.

So if I buy a new game with a new controller, will the previous controller that I got with the Legends of Rock game, work with the new game? Basically I'd like to have two guitar controllers and be able to play the game with someone else, so both guitar controllers would have to work with both games.

Does anyone know if the Legends of Rock guitar controller (Black Les Paul) will work with the newer games? And will the newer control work with the Legends of Rock game?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

They sure do. The newer ones are more robust and sensitive (in the good way) but they're backwards compatible. I play GH4 (seldomly lol) and RB1/2 with my Guitar Hero 2, 3, 4 guitar. (Got a loan on GH4 & it's guitar)

Here's a pickle matrix i google'd for you that tells you your GH3 guitar is compatible with EVERYTHING :):):) I'll reiterate that your GH3 guitar works with EVERY Guitar Hero and Rock Band, and newer guitars also work with older games. (Some Rock Band guitars don't work with Guitar Hero games :()

I'd really recommend trying to find Guitar Hero 5 with a guitar, it'd be cheaper that way, and the track list for Guitar Hero 5 (IMO) is much, much better than 4....all pale in comparison to Rock Band 2's setlist :eek::) -- that said GH3 setlist is pretty damn awesome & only second to RB2 IMO.

I'd highly recommend getting at least another guitar, or really a band kit (drum, guitar and microphone) so your mates/family can join in; multiplayer is just so much fun!

GH6 and RB3 aren't coming out anytime soon...next one out is Green Day Rock Band, dunno when it's out or if it comes with a guitar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Nice one cheers.

I just ordered the Guitar Hero 5 game and controller for the PS3. Amazon have a special offer on where they give you Guitar Hero World Tour for free if you order both so that is cool.

Thanks again.

Advertisement