Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas back boiler to solid fuel

• 11-01-2010 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

Hi all, long time lurker first post. I have a gas fire with backboiler, inset in normal fireplace with proper chimney & linked to gas central heating boiler. Could I have that fire/backboiler removed and replaced by a solid fuel stove? Would the pipes from the existing gas backboiler work for a solid fuel stove with back boiler? I realise the chimney might need relining. Would it just be a matter of taking out the gas back boiler & connecting up the stove to the existing pipework or would I need a whole new pipe installation?

Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

is there no answer to my question?
    2nd hand house (previous owner lives in UK & had house as investment so knows nothing about heating system) - 2 gas boilers, one is back boiler with imitation flame effect fire seems to be linked to ordinary boiler beside chimney. I have two tanks in attic. I'd like to get gas fire/backboiler removed and replaced with mulit-fuel stove with BB to give me a 2nd source of heating. Is it possible to do a direct swap with the gas fire? Obviously I would have to get a fitter but just wondering if possible in theory.

Advertisement