Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yesterday was good because...

• 11-01-2010 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

...I got a quote from a painter/decorator and accepted it and he can start in 2 weeks time. This was good because most of the guys I rang were booked out for the next couple of months.

...myself and Mrs r3nu4l ordered our cot, travel system and cot top changer ahead of our new arrival in April.

...I finished watching the LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring and started watching the LOTR: The Two Towers DVDs (for the umpteenth time) :)

Why was yesterday good for you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

My dog is slowly but surely starting to get back to normal after a long and painful injury!

plus Mommy bought me a new pair of shoes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

My mum and I made lemon souffle for dessert and it was amazing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

A date went very well :)

(im mentioning this everywhere but it really gave me a happy :D)

I did absolutely NOTHING.

I didn't even get out of my jammies :pac:

It rocked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yesterday was good because while I was away on business our pushchair and carrycot arrived :)

Also, the business meeting went very well!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I got all my laundry done, got my best pair of shoes repaired, had a decent meal in IKEA's restaurant for only £3.00, and topped it all off with a luxurious bubble bath, after which I went to bed and slept like a baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I met up with one of my best friends whom I haven't seen in so long, it was so great! AND I found Caramac bars in Tesco!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Thomas828 wrote: »
    I got all my laundry done, got my best pair of shoes repaired, had a decent meal in IKEA's restaurant for only £3.00, and topped it all off with a luxurious bubble bath, after which I went to bed and slept like a baby.

Weird...yesterday was good for me because I too had a bubble bath :D:D It was also good because the RTÉ International Player went live and I was able to watch last weeks Late Late show and Operation Transformation in Cambridge :D

Yay \o/

Oh, and if you're in the UK Thomas...why not join us over on boards.org.uk? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Yesterday was good for me because.... i was under the weather so my boyfriend visited me and we watched himym in front on the fire, oh yeah :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 silverberg

Yesterday was good because I think I passed my exam I was so adamant I was going to fail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Yesterday was good because I finished a paper that iv been working on/researching/worrying about for three months!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yesterday was good because I got a pair of runners that are so shiney white, they would blind you. :p Not to mention unbelievably smooth looking too. :cool: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

Yesterday was good because I finished my assignment a lot earlier than I expected to! I then bought a box of roses, went to a friends house and the three of us had massive chats again while eating said box of roses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Yesterday was good because i adopted a 11 week old white kitten called angel with my girlfriend.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I won 5 euro playing poker, and I'm not very good at poker :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Submitted a 6,000 word paper and proceeded to get very very drunk afterwards!!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

..... work was crazy with so much going on and it didn't stress me out. I just got through everything and enjoyed it at the same tme. Was a good feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Yesterday was good because i adopted a 11 week old white kitten called angel with my girlfriend.

Pics please! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

for the first time in my adult life, I sat in the very front row at a gig.
    For once, I wasn't poking the person next to me to catch the bits I missed.
    I laughed so hard that on no less than 7 occasions over the course of two hours, I nearly fell off my chair.
    I finally saw my comedic idol live in concert and not only that, when I tweeted him to praise his comedic timing, he actually sent back a glowing reply, proving he's good to his fans.

Also, tried a deep fried Mars Bar for the very first time.

They're GODLY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Went to my first classical music concert.....and really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement

Yesterday was good because....

...I had an assignment to do... so I was kinda like ugh. But then my friends rang and they were watching a movie and cracking into a bottle of wine at half one ( I know, early much?? But what harm every now and again!:pac:)...
    So I went over there and there were also people I hadn't met before. One of them happened to be friends with the some of the group I went skiing with so we totally bonded and he's so like them it felt like I was back on the holiday for a while!! had a brilliant day!!! so much fun!
    and ( I know this technically isn't yesterday anymore but still! :p) I also got enough sleep so I that wasn't hungover this morning AND I got my assignment done in time AND I started and finished the assignment we were given today so no worries on that for the rest of the week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Yesterday was the best day because ..................i got my new puppy:)

19347_108042579206728_100000029585766_213622_3025830_n.jpg

And she loves cuddles!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RedNiamhy

My boyfriend got a job interview and I had my 2nd day in a new job. And we began flat hunting as we have been staying with friends so will at last get a place of our own!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I watched my first ever star wars film!

Was so good I watched episodes IV, V and VI.

Now I can't find my lightsaber remote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I spent the day with my nanny and grandad and parents :D Saw all my aunties and saw my gorgeous 5 day old cousin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Blacey

I moved the last of the boxes into my new house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I had a full day with my OH.

Also, it was Sunday, no work!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RedNiamhy

I know it's not yesterday as the thread states but today has been really good so far as I got AC/DC tickets for my boyf for Valentine's for the concert on Monday (We're in Melbourne) and he really wants to go but we couldn't really afford them but I thought "What the hell, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity (and they were only $100 each!)". I cannot wait to see his face when I give them to him.

I'm dying to tell someone but everyone at home is asleep and I can't tell the boyf as it's a surprise and I booked them on the internet at work which I wasn't really supposed to do so I can't tell my colleagues. But I know you will all share in my delight!

Oh yeah, I also had a Kit Kat Chunky Cookies and Cream and savoured every crumb. Delicious!!!! :D

Bought my flights to Africa after lots and lots of searching for the best prices.

Going for just over 4 weeks in July.... :)

• Advertisement

It was jusr LOVELY!

really good day and nothing to do with the fact that it was Valentines, being single and all. I was just totally content :D

Advertisement