Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Blackburn Rovers (Kick off - 8pm)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

pretty much one way traffic at the moment. Blackburn not offering much at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Pretty poor fare overall with Blackburn just being shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Super running and goal by Micah,woulda been sweeter if he had of gone all the way on his own ala Sylvain distin a few seasons back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Class run. If that was Ronaldo or Messi the commentators would be going mental. My respect for Richards has just skyrocketed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

As good a run as Distin's v Villa a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Are they booing Micah Richards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Ireland injured or just not picked these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

eagle eye wrote: »
    Are they booing Micah Richards?

the City fans? no way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Any noticeable difference between the way they played under Hughes and Manini?
    They're working much harder, look better organised and are playing the ball wonderfully at times.

As far as I'm concerned, Hughes was a disaster and it's a good thing City moved on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Ireland injured or just not picked these days?

Injured

the City fans? no way
    It sounded like it at the end of the half there when he got the ball at the back twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

A new chant for you Xavi

Whats that coming over the hill, Is it Micah-Richards, Is it Micah-Richards

To the tune of Monster

I was going to say
    Whats that steam rolling over the pitch, Is it Micah-Richards, Is it Micah-Richards
    but don't think it sounds right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

We are not, we're not really here!!!

Great to see the goals going in for and none against in the last few games.

Jaysus them half time tunes on YES are fecking blastin!!!

Only question in the second half would seem to be whether City can add more goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Get Andrews off at half time, having a shocker, doesn't even look interested anymore out there.

May aswell have a go at them, nothing more to lose.

I'd bring on Hoilett for Pedersen and Kalinic for Andrews.

Only question in the second half would seem to be whether City can add more goals.
    I can definitely see them adding at least one more.

Not really sure Blackburn have the players to have a go here, especially with Dunn out of the game.

magma69 wrote: »
    I can definitely see them adding at least one more.

If they added one more set of goals to the end Blackburn were attacking they still wouldn't concede,

Big Sam being shown up for the one way system he is, sad state of affairs when Blackburn don't even have the players to play hoof ball,

I am seriously worried about them going down this season,

With Paul Ince keeping Burnley up and them laughing away.

Not really sure Blackburn have the players to have a go here, especially with Dunn out of the game.

They do have the players to have a go, Dunn is being marked out of the game you are right,

I think City would find it tougher with Kalinic and Di Santo both up front if Blackburn are just going to kick long balls,

Pedersen is brutal, his best days are long gone, he can't even deliver with a throw anymore, get him off and get the pace of Hoillet on and you'd have a few City defenders worried and De Jong couldn't spend all his time hanging around Dunn.

• Advertisement

Watched the reverse fixture at the start of the season and Blackburn gave a slightly different City defence a fair bit of bother with hoofball tactics. Was Dunne and Toure at CB and they didn't look secure at all as a partnership. Odd to see how things have gone since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Jaysus them half time tunes on YES are fecking blastin!!!

Where's the 2nd half?? All I have is a dance song with creepy organ music.

Man City will prob add 1 more in the 2nd half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

It sounded like it at the end of the half there when he got the ball at the back twice.
    I think they were urging him to surge forward again.

same here. yeah you do miss the half time analysis when it comes to sopcast. Still quality is good.

Get Andrews off at half time, having a shocker, doesn't even look interested anymore out there.

I'd bring on Hoilett for Pedersen and Kalinic for Andrews.

good call, looks like both are comming on. dont know who for yet tho.

Well the 2 i've suggested are on,

but looks like still just the one up front with Di Santo being taken off.

Thank God Andrews has been taken off.

They do have the players to have a go, Dunn is being marked out of the game you are right,

I think City would find it tougher with Kalinic and Di Santo both up front if Blackburn are just going to kick long balls,

Pedersen is brutal, his best days are long gone, he can't even deliver with a throw anymore, get him off and get the pace of Hoillet on and you'd have a few City defenders worried and De Jong couldn't spend all his time hanging around Dunn.
    Jeebus man you need to relax and accept things for what they are. We are getting played off the pitch by a side thats worth ten times what ours is.
    As for Hoilett, the lad is exciting to watch but he has no end product whatsoever, he just runs with the ball until he loses it.
    Andrews is not doing that badly and there is nobody to replace him.
    I'd like to see more of Kalinic but I read where Sam has said that he won't be starting until he is ready. I also read that the work fitness regime he is going through is so tiring that Slavan Bilic gave him that last break for International duty off. I think its starting to show lately as his upper body looks a hell of a lot stronger now.

I don't think we will go down, but unfortunately with the midfield problems we've got right now, we just aren't up to taking on the top sides at all. We need to get rid of Grella, Elrio is gone already, and get in somebody who can do something in midfield. Andrews shouldn't be playing, you are right about that, but the reason he shouldn't be playing is there should be players ahead of him for that spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Bellamy having lots of joy on the left so far. He's been excellent anytime I've seen him this season. Possibly playing the best football of his career at the moment.

Tevez again

Anyone else see that coming from a mile away well done great goal

• Advertisement

HERO!!!

Jeebus man you need to relax and accept things for what they are. We are getting played off the pitch by a side thats worth ten times what ours is.

I wouldn't mind it so much if they actually played a bit of football, that has to be the worst first half performance of any team this season, never mind of Blackburn's season.

If you are going to hoof the ball up front, there is no point having one player up there, no matter how good you think he is.

And there they go again, this is going to get really embarrasing.

THREE assists for Benjani btw!

Class goal from tevez there. Great work from Benjani who I was having doubts about but that was all about benjani there

Just have to say I'm really impressed with Tevez this season. I knew he was a hard worker before he came but not only is he on fire goalscoring wise he's playing some fantastic football and showing some wonderful touches.

Tevez will undoubtedly be contender for player of the season if he keeps this form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

All hail King Carlos!

Get Sparky back! :pac:

Please no, just no.

• Advertisement

So are Man city that good or are blackburn that bad?

Please no, just no.
    Bet you that unfortunate punter how bet on the Angola Mali will be looking to recoup his losses. Anyone for 3-3?

Man City are better than they have been under Hughes and Blackburn have been worse than bad.

Hear hear!! Or maybe go one better and get in Steve Staunton. He'll sort out that dreadful success they are having right now!!

Hear hear!! Or maybe go one better and get in Steve Staunton. He'll sort out that dreadful success they are having right now!!
    Yeah Bellamy who made a lot of noise about Sparky going is giving everything down the left. But Blackburn very poor.

I'd go more Blackburn being poor, City are playing well but Blackburn have been a shambles.

Tevez should have had his hat-trick there. Shocking defending again.

• Advertisement

phew, almost destroyed my FF clean sheet there :D

Blackburn have been poor, but City are looking ruthless and not as complacent as they were under Hughes. Defensively though, City look great, there are always City midfielders tracking back to ensure the backs aren't exposed.

I'd go more Blackburn being poor, City are playing well but Blackburn have been a shambles.

Tevez should have had his hat-trick there. Shocking defending again.
    what would jack walker be thinking. They have fallen a long way back since the days of Shearer Sutton and Duff.

what would jack walker be thinking. They have fallen a long way back since the days of Shearer Sutton and Duff.
    Does anyone remember when they bought the league? it only cost them £17m remember the outrage?

Robson ready to come on.

Bet he scores.

• Advertisement
Advertisement