Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport Expiry Question

• 11-01-2010 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I wonder if you guys could clarify something for me.

I'm going on a small holiday to Stockholm, Sweden on the 21st January - 25th January. My passport expires on the 25th of February.

Will I be ok travelling on this passport or will I need to get a new one?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Within the EU passports are good to their last day, this is not always true for other countries which may require 3 or 6 months left on the passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

ardmacha wrote: »
    Within the EU passports are good to their last day, this is not always true for other countries which may require 3 or 6 months left on the passport.

Where would I find this information?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

According to this you need three months left on it, since we don't have a National Identity card.
    Unless I'm reading it wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

spurious wrote: »
    According to this you need three months left on it, since we don't have a National Identity card.
    Unless I'm reading it wrong?

Yes you are reading it wrong, I quote from the same page

'EU nationals are only required to produce evidence of their EU nationality and identity in order to be admitted to any EU Member State. This evidence can take the form of a valid national passport or national identity card. Either is acceptable. Possession of a return ticket, any length of validity on their document, sufficient funds for the length of their proposed visit should not be imposed'

Advertisement