Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding of Sporting Fingal Thread in North County Dublin Section

Options
  • 11-01-2010 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

If this is posted in the wrong place please move to correct place. Effectively I want to complain about a moderator.
    Having posted a few points in the Sporting Fingal thread I must say I find it to be the most biased thread I have ever come accross.
    I posted a point that was true (their chairman has gone to one of their games ever in Morton Stadium) and in a nice way I told the regulars in there that there is no point in denying this as one poster had claimed to have met the man many many times at games at Morton.
    Of course I eventually got myself banned but not before a politican had made a fool of himself and the Mod (Hillbilly) allowed him to edit the silly post he put up and completely deleted my reply in which I suggested that it would be alot more in his line to grow up and use his time checking on his elderly neighbours in these terrible weather conditions.
    Im sure its no coincidence that the mod removed my posts and those of others at the exact same time that the politican edited his silly post.
    PR disaster that it was for him I guess. Still I would hope that boards moderators are not influneced by politicians.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Your first port of call is to try and resolve the issue with the Mod via PM.

If you can't come to a solution with them, you should escalated it to the Category Mod for that category (in your case, Dub13 or Lucy Lu) who will then investigate it for you.

If you're not happy with their desicion, then you can come back here for a final desicion by the Admin team :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Well the Mod does not answer any of the questions I put to him/her. I have sent 3 PMs and got one reply that made little sense to me. As I have been banned from the section how am I meant to get in touch with the other mods in the section.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You can log out to see the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Tomthepost wrote: »
    Well the Mod does not answer any of the questions I put to him/her. I have sent 3 PMs and got one reply that made little sense to me. As I have been banned from the section how am I meant to get in touch with the other mods in the section.

I have already advised this poster to contact Dub13 or Lucy Lu. I have since received a pm from this poster containing some fairly wild allegations (eg, being in the pocket of a local politician amongst other things :)). I have asked the Cat Mods to take this in hand in the interests of impartiality. I will not reply further unless asked to to so by a Cat Mod or Admin.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

I have got a PM from the OP and I am going to look at it now.

• Advertisement

Hill Billy wrote: »
    I have already advised this poster to contact Dub13 or Lucy Lu. I have since received a pm from this poster containing some fairly wild allegations (eg, being in the pocket of a local politician amongst other things :)). I have asked the Cat Mods to take this in hand in the interests of impartiality. I will not reply further unless asked to to so by a Cat Mod or Admin.

But you did reply to me. You accused me of making purile allegations.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am a bit under the weather now with the Chicken pox,so I am not on as much.

Lucy Lu seems to have it in handy ether way,I just want to add that we don't normally allow soccer threads in region but we let this one slide as it was a new club trying to forage links with the local community.That thread seems to be causing a lot of trouble lately and once this other issue is resolved me Lucy Lu and the mods on the North County Dublin forum will review if we want to move this thread to the soccer forum or keep it going as is.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

This matter has been discussed via PM and can now be considered closed.

Can anyone fill me in on how a poster on the Sporting Fingal thread was given a ban yesterday for a week yet is back posting there today?

We can't discuss other people's issues with you, I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Given the fact that I was banned for the same reason it might be the civil thing to do.

That would be between the users in question, and the Mod :)

Advertisement