Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

KARE Tour De Foothills

• 11-01-2010 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

The KARE TDF Cycle will take place on Sunday 11th April, 2010. 100km and 50km again at 10am and family 20km cycle at 12 midday. The website will be updeated next week to start giving full details of the event again. Thanks to all who supported the event last year in any way and helped raise 25,000 euro for KARE far exceeding anything we had hoped for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Looking forward to this!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Did this last year, great event and route.
    Burgers at the finish as well as I recall ............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

yeah great event last year ..... do you remember the weather on the day... ROASTER.... hope for more of the same this year......BRING IT ON !!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭robs1

any details on start and how much entry fee and so....+ you gotta love that ulster says ho sign.

Last year it started at Naas GAA club, think the entry fee was about 25 (maybe?) and possibly needed a CI license (you can buy a one day license for 10 euro if needed).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 eamonn q

Hi guys,
    The cost for this years event will be €25 on line pre-register and €30 on the day..Food will be available again this year hot meals and souvenir t-shirts for those who pre-enter. As for the weather..... we will do our best again. Look forward to seeing you all again this year. website currently being updated with this years info on it. It will be up and running by end of week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭mayan

Hey eamonn, not sure if you're aware,
    This date clashes with round 1 of the MTB cross country NPS, and the twin peaks (4th July?) clashes with round 7 of the NPS.
    I guess its too late now to change dates, but I was hoping to do both, and I guess there's a few others out there who also dabble in a bit of tarmac and mud.....

mayan wrote: »
    Hey eamonn, not sure if you're aware,
    This date clashes with round 1 of the MTB cross country NPS, and the twin peaks (4th July?) clashes with round 7 of the NPS.
    I guess its too late now to change dates, but I was hoping to do both, and I guess there's a few others out there who also dabble in a bit of tarmac and mud.....

Pick any weekend day between April and September and something is going to clash with something else. It's unavoidable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭mayan

Pick any weekend day between April and September and something is going to clash with something else. It's unavoidable.
    yep, i know, shame though, i really enjoyed last years.
    Was that yourself on the big dummy? you planning on doing the 100km on it again?

mayan wrote: »
    Was that yourself on the big dummy? you planning on doing the 100km on it again?

Yeah that was me on the Big Dummy alright. Only did the 50k. Planning to do it on a more conventional bike this year, though maybe if I get a more conventional wheel this yeah I might do it on the BD again :)

• Advertisement

sorry mayan didn't realise there was a clash. It suits us to have it the first Sunday after easter as we have a week break then and that is when we can get out and put everything together on the route like signage, road markings etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

anYy general ideas of the route Eamon, this would be my first sportif, id like to set myself the challenge of the 100km, but dont want to kill myself either

anYy general ideas of the route Eamon, this would be my first sportif, id like to set myself the challenge of the 100km, but dont want to kill myself either

It's on mapmyride here

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/ireland/naas/323714245294

penexpers wrote: »

smashing route, im liking that, not overly hilly, but by no means flat, some cracking scenery around lacken, ive cycled there a few times, but my longest cycle to date is a mere 60km, so i need to buck my training up i reckon

only concern last year guys was section between hollywood and donard. few came back saying not an ideal road. we might look at an alternative to that bottom section of hollywood to donard to dunlavin and see if we can alter it slightly after hollywood or maybe an alternative way to get to hollywood and then straight over to dunlavin and back to naas maybe via kilcullen. Comments welcome from those who rode 100 last year or those who know that area.

any update on the wbsite Eamon?

any update on the wbsite Eamon?

The website has been updated

www.karetourdefoothills.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭crumliniano

Registered. C'mon springtime...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I can't remember exactly the route that last years one took, but this looks to be pretty close to it to me. Looking forward to this one. I've registered already so now I just need to get a bit more training done between now and then.

Advertisement