Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beautiful blood-sucker seen in Waterford..

• 11-01-2010 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi all,

In case any of you noticed a bunch of shady looking characters wandering the streets of Waterford carrying film equipment last week, I'm here to let you know that we (the shady looking characters) were filming a two part web-drama (of potentially six episodes) for RTE Storyland, called MARIANA. It follows the eponymous Mariana, a 400 year old 'vampire' from Romania (Transylvania, of course) as she looks for love in Waterford, while occasionally indulging in her lust for blood!
    The first part of MARIANA goes online on 29th January at www.rte.ie/storyland, as well as five other web dramas/comedies. Public voting decides that only five of the six shows earns the right to air the second episode; based on voting a new episode will be commissioned each month until June. So if you think its good enough, support the locals and please vote for us!!
    To find out more about MARIANA go to the RTE Storyland website or join our Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/pages/MARIANA-RTE-STORYLAND/243364354689?ref=nf

Tell your friends too!
    Thanks!

PS - Before you shout 'Not another vampire show!' please note the inverted commas around the word vampire - there is more to this creature than meets the eye........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

were ye filming in the park last week?looks like people were riding in the bushes or something lol:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭AngelinaJolie

Haha- yes we were (filming, not riding in bushes!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

lol was walking past with me lack,ye were around by the bushes past the water fountain and the bridge.me and her were like wtf looked like people riding lol.one of yer crew ran off like a mad man down the way .ye werent filming at that time though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,682 ✭✭✭✭looksee

'as she looks for love in Waterford, while occasionally indulging in her lust for blood!'

She has a passion for black pudding?

looksee wrote: »
    'as she looks for love in Waterford, while occasionally indulging in her lust for blood!'

She has a passion for black pudding?

As well as male human blood....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Haha- yes we were (filming, not riding in bushes!)
    damn.. and i was just going to ask if there was a need for extra's :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

This another Stephen Stubbs Vehicle? Gotta praise his perserverance

Teaser trailer is here.. the Comeragh Mountains look a little different....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPRsBdTJjSI&feature=player_embedded

2 comments.

1. I can't believe the vampire idea got passed the first hurdle...it really has been done to death.

2. Why don't you go out on your own with this? You're essentially giving RTE all rights to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

2 comments.

1. I can't believe the vampire idea got passed the first hurdle...it really has been done to death.

2. Why don't you go out on your own with this? You're essentially giving RTE all rights to it.

3. Angelina Jolie is filming an RTE drama? Jesus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

2 comments.

1. In recent times, twilight and true blood.. one of which is fisher price's my first vampire movie, and the other which is sort of replaying on old ideas in a new climate. I can't see waterford-based vampirism really cutting into either of them? It's not been done to death. It's just a popular niche at the moment.

2. Free publicity and air time

3. Is the vampire chick single and can I have her number :(

Tellox wrote: »
    1. In recent times, twilight and true blood.. one of which is fisher price's my first vampire movie, and the other which is sort of replaying on old ideas in a new climate. I can't see waterford-based vampirism really cutting into either of them? It's not been done to death. It's just a popular niche at the moment.

2. Free publicity and air time

3. Is the vampire chick single and can I have her number :(

Well said!
    She is single but I really can't give out her number..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Can't wait to watch this, loved the trailer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

for some reason I can't look at the vid on youtube, you couldn't embed it by any chance in this post.
    Oh, and well done to ye as well, hope it gets recieved well and its the start of something good ofr all involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Meatwad wrote: »
    for some reason I can't look at the vid on youtube, you couldn't embed it by any chance in this post.
    Oh, and well done to ye as well, hope it gets recieved well and its the start of something good ofr all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Cheers dude for that. Looks good, an awful lot better than some other newcomer stuff.

MARIANA theme tune by Waterford band, Fighting Spiders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

she's hot :)

Hello all,

Both episodes of Mariana are on the website www.rte.ie/storyland
    Please get voting!
    Voting closes at 2.30pm on Tuesday 16th Feb.

Your support is much appreciated!

Quick question...what's the genre? I couldn't really make out from the first episode..is it straight up horror?

• Advertisement

More comedy horror soap opera - it's not really supposed to be scary.

HAve to say I didn't see any comedy in the first episode...will watch the first one now and get back to ya! Looks fanstastic btw.

EDIT: Just watched it...I can only be honest...I didn't like it. I won't go any further.

Good luck with it! And fair play to ya for making the effort...

"stress can upset it"

Just noticed "marianna" there on the mental health ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

Know some of the actors actually when i looked at it....

hope it goes well.. isnt my thing to be honest... but hope it goes ok for ya!

Advertisement