Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The School

Options
  • 11-01-2010 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭

Is on RTE again tonight.I think its good.Anyone else looking forward to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Haven't seen it yet - what's it about? (Other than a school haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

It follows a school throughout a year in 3 episodes.

It was good, I liked it. I'll watch it tonight if I have time between homework!.....O'Keefe:mad::mad:

Well there's always the RTE player :).
    Good luck with the h/w! I'm happy I don't have school tomorrow because otherwise i'd have a horrible looming chem test =[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

Good tonight,the journals part was like my school!

I watched the first ep today and honestly all I could see was how scruffy the uniforms looked no matter how much the teacher gave out to them. It's essentially just like every other school really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Dammit! forgot about this! Oh player it is so tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 a2dolan

i watched it, really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

That school is so obsessed with journals and uniforms...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 a2dolan

Ya its a bit too strict, but still funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Sending people home because of uniform,why do teachers do that :mad:

D'yeah want them to get an education or not like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭AJ STYLES

boring i was watching family guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Looking forward to an Irish program on RTE? Surely not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Yea I seen it too! the uniforms were manky plus most of them did not want to be there looks like a rough school would hate to have to go there like I would not feel safe

Plus the musical looked a bit crap too , over all a crap show pity it was not shout in a proper school tho

Also if RTE put the hardy bucks on T.V I'm totally not paying my license

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    Yea I seen it too! the uniforms were manky plus most of them did not want to be there looks like a rough school would hate to have to go there like I would not feel save

Plus the musical looked a bit crap too , over all a crap show pity it was not shout in a proper school tho

Looks like a rough school:eek: And here was me thinking how great it was that they picked a normal typical school! What wasn't 'save' about it? A few young fellas fighting or the fact that you might get hit by a snowball?!

Would you care to define what 'a proper school' is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    Yea I seen it too! the uniforms were manky plus most of them did not want to be there looks like a rough school would hate to have to go there like I would not feel save

Also if RTE put the hardy bucks on T.V I'm totally not paying my license
    Wind up merchant??

That IS a proper school and it's not even that rough =/. That school pales in comparison to what I'd consider to be a 'rough' school. As far as musicals go - do you have any idea how Expensive it is to put one on? They can go up to 10,000 if you get a well-known one so they're probably opting for a cheaper, lesser-known one which was in the beginning stages. But dear, you've got to start living in the real world - once you leave secondary school you're going to be faced with all sorts of people from schools like that, try opening your eyes, you're Way too sheltered.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    As far as musicals go - do you have any idea how Expensive it is to put one on? They can go up to 10,000 if you get a well-known one so they're probably opting for a cheaper, lesser-known one which was in the beginning stages.

I hardly think "We Will Rock You" isn't a well known one, being on the West End for the last 10 years. A school in my town has musicals every year, the last two I remember were "Les Miserables" and "Jesus Christ, Superstar." What would you class as a well known one? High School Musical, I presume.

Also, I'd like to add that I think the show is a very accurate depiction of school life. The vice-principal is hilarious, she's almost a caricature.

My mistake, I didn't realise it was the Queen one at all..really should have picked up on that from Bohemian Rhapsody actually >.<. Jesus Christ Superstar is cheaper to do than you think, as well known as it is. Also going by musician friends who saw Les Mis in West end last year they said it was Freaking Awful - the actors would 'die', lie down for a minute then walk out mid-way through song and that their own school performance did a better job on it.
    Also I was thinking more along the lines of Wicked,Little Shop of Horrors, Oliver(though I'd say that'd be a lot cheaper to stage than I'm assuming.) etc. I'd say Phantom but I really don't know how a school would get a boat on stage =/. HSM is pure and utter crap as is most stuff that comes out of the disney channel these days is. I was merely pointing out how they can be quite expensive to do, I know our school as well as a few other local schools do musicals most people have probably heard the name but none of the music or anything.

The V. Principle is obsessed with the uniform it's almost creepy though =/.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

is there anywhere were i could watch the past episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Google "Rte player" and then search the word school,
    They have episode 1+2 up, watched them last night, I really liked it.

At the start felt they were a little ott with the uniforms but it teaches the students there are rules they must follow, you couldnt just break any rules ya like,

• Advertisement

That's a good point. I've just personally never seen how wearing a uniform benefits your education but that's it =/. What's the 2nd ep like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

not as good as the first but still worth watching. it's a cool idea for a show cuz' it actually depicts irish school in a realistic manner. And yeah IDK how uniform benefits either but rules are rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Yeah, its rather good alright. Remind me alot of my old school, only difference being it wasn't a mixed school.

But isn't the whole point of uniforms so as all students can be equal. I don't really know but that was the excuse thrown at us for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Theres loads of reasons

-Looks nice for the schools image....(supposibly)
    -It cancels and competition between students concerning clothing which also good because parents arent hassled for money and children arent in competition with A&F and penny's finest..(socks:P)
    -Teaches dicipline...(imo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

yep plus its a whole lot easier because you don't have to decide what to wear everyday.

Advertisement