Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why didnt bat o'keefe

Options
  • 11-01-2010 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

just say schools back to normal from tommorow rather than leaving it up in the air like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

He's a member of the Irish government, practicality and logic don't really come into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mazda

Some schools wont be able to open due to burst pipes etc. and in some places its still to icy so its up to each individual board of management to decide whether its safe or not for people to go to school. I know for definite i'll be back tomorrow :( boo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

yeah i reckon i will be too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

AJ STYLES wrote: »
    just say schools back to normal from tommorow rather than leaving it up in the air like this?
    Because maybe the entire country isn't in the same condition as where you are, and some schools wont be back to normal for another few days at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭AJ STYLES

im from dublin the place with highest population so really dublin is most important. i'm sure small towns have local radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

i'm from dublin...dublin is most important. .

What is there to be said but
    :eek: and :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I can see what you mean - there is a lot of schools in dublin - but local radios do Nothing for alot of schools. It's still up to the school itself to call in and decide whether they're open or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

That's just...yeah

Anyway AJ STYLES despite your views, O'Keeffe does have to take into account all of Ireland, not just Dublin. He couldn't say all schools would be open tomorrow, because a lot of them simply wouldn't be able to open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

because Cork is still covered in snow? so if he said that schools back to normal from tomorrow then it would count all schools down here and the roads are not safe and then it would be dangerous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

im from dublin the place with highest population so really dublin is most important. i'm sure small towns have local radio.

actually everywhere outside dublin combined has a higher population than ye, were more important;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I'd say mostly :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

stainluss wrote: »
    actually everywhere outside dublin combined has a higher population than ye, were more important;)

Your from wicklow, it's basically sub dublin;) along with kildare meath and louth :D

Advertisement