Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanics for an audi in Waterford?

• 11-01-2010 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

Having a bit of hassle with the car. one of those problems thats gonna be hard to figure out without experience

anyone know of a mechanics in waterford city that is good with Audis.

last one i went to "couldnt find the problem" :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

What hassle are you having? Audis and VWs are not easy when it comes to diagnosis, you need a mechanic that uses something like VAGCOM diagnostic software...which costs a fortune so chances are he won't have it.

So the bad news is.......you need to bring the car to an Audi garage. I brought my previous one to the Ford garage I bought it in and they had to bring it to Tom Murphys. Had my A6 in Tom Murphys before Christmas, their labour and parts costs have dropped a fair bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

i have a vagcom cable but it doesnt show any faults at all. wouldnt go near tom murphys anyway. a bunch of 20 year old mechanics who diagnose everything wrong.

after a chap there with bleach blonde hair and spotless clean overalls came out and told me it would cost 300 euro to replace a sensor ( that turned out to be a 50 cent fuse), i swore never to go back :D

seems like an air leak somewhere in the engine bay anyway

tom murphys used to be 60 euro an hour then they raised it to 110

whats the prices like now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Back to 60-65 quid an hour

wellbutty wrote: »
    Back to 60-65 quid an hour

if all else fails i could ask for an experienced mechanic and pay the 60.

however, for some reason i think since dropping the prices per hour it tends to take an extra hour to diagnose :pac:

that first story i mentioned. it took the chap 2 hours and 220 euro to diagnose that.

in reality it took him 10 mins to plug in a vagcom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Have you been over to Slieverue? PM me if not and I can give you the details of the guy I use. He's clued up on the common faults with these cars (blocked plenum drains, brake light switches, water-filled brake servos, etc!). Worth a try.

SSE

• Advertisement

PM Sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Replied, I got the details from boards originally but not sure on the rules on posting contact details.

Good luck with it!

SSE

Advertisement