Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skinny jeans

• 11-01-2010 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

What do people think of skinny jeans that are too long? I got a pair in Penney's and didn't think they were as long as they are! I don't like turning jeans up. What do people think of skinny jeans that are slightly bulky at the bottom or should they just be straight down? Or what can you do to with them? cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I kind of scrunch mine at the bottom if they're too long :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Dont like skinny jeans at all. Personally I dont think they suit anybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

You could turn them up on the inside and that way it wouldn't look like they were turned up, would just look like they're a perfect length.

Personally, I wouldn't be a fan of the excess bulky material around the ankles and that's what I'd do. You could also get them taken up, if you wanted to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

You could try taking them up yourself. I have to do it quite a lot because it seems that if you're a size 10 or under the manufacturer automatically assumes you're about 5'10"+ :(

It will take a bit of time to get the legs the exact length you want them, so I find trying on a few different pairs of shoes that I'm going to wear with the jeans/trousers and deciding on the length to suit all shoes works well. Otherwise, just pick one pair of shoes that you're going to wear with them and stick with that.

Once you have the jeans at a length with which you're happy, double check that the legs are the same length and then iron over the creases so they're marked. Then cut off the thick stitching at the bottom, turn the jeans up at the creases and then sew them up. It's a pain and takes a while, but worth it in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭xxlplease

fifomania wrote: »
    What do people think of skinny jeans that are too long? I got a pair in Penney's and didn't think they were as long as they are! I don't like turning jeans up. What do people think of skinny jeans that are slightly bulky at the bottom or should they just be straight down? Or what can you do to with them? cheers :)

Straigh down - I am afraid, unless you don't want them to be skinny any more. Tuck them into nice chunky boots and nobody will notice that they are too long.

• Advertisement
Advertisement