Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parrot.ie and car kits

• 11-01-2010 2:36pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

I ordered a car kit install from this website before Christmas but I had to postpone the install due to a car service. The installer said that it was no problem and just call back in to re arrange it. Now I cannot find a number for the installer and parrot.ie seems to have changed to an official parrot site.

Does any one have a number for the installation company they used or any details of anyone I can contact?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

what parrot car kit is it?
    Most car kit installers should be able to install it

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

http://66.102.9.132/search?q=cache:ruoMRhEqNsEJ:www.parrot.ie/index.php%3Ftarget%3Dpages%26page_id%3Dabout+parrot.ie&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie&client=firefox-a

You'll probably have to go through phone records to get the number

I take it you've paid for the install. Otherwise forget about them and start from scratch again

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭futurec

Parrot.ie use to use www.carkits.ie they should have a record of it on their database

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Yes, I have already paid for it otherwise I would be running.

I will try Carkits.ie tomorrow, sadly they don't have a phone contact which annoys the hell out of me. I got a number from 11850 but it was just a voice mail telling me to book online (this was about 10am this morning).

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

If you paid with credit card and cannot get it done, then you can call the cc provider and ask for a chrgeback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Im open to correction on this, but i think the 'The phone stores' are the same company, so if you ring them in greenogue ind est near rathcoole they might be able to help you. Their phone number is 01 4587660

parrot.ie was based in Sword north Dublin and had nothing to do with Phone Stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

futurec wrote: »
    parrot.ie was based in Sword north Dublin and had nothing to do with Phone Stores

sorry i meant Carkits.ie not parrot. the op was looking for the installation company contact details not parrots.

Carkits.ie are HQ is Sandyford and The Phone Stores is Rathcoole they have nothing to do with each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 granadaghia

Just a bit of advice , before you let anyone fit a phone kit in your car , van, truck .tractor, make sure they have proper public and product liability insurance,
    Also check to see if they have any real training or qualifications to carry out the job ,
    Warning a 1 day city and guilds degree that is bought is not a qualification, most of these phone shops etc will just get the cheapest quickest subby to do the job to maximise their own profits,
    beware non insulated wires , cables over air bags, loose equipment under dash , all are hidden dangers.

BEFORE I WENT N DUNE ME FAS COORSE , I CUDENT EVAN SPEEL ENGANER , NOW AFTRER OLNY 3 WEKS I ARE 1 . IM GONA TA NASA NXT.

• Advertisement

Just a bit of advice , before you let anyone fit a phone kit in your car , van, truck .tractor, make sure they have proper public and product liability insurance,
    Also check to see if they have any real training or qualifications to carry out the job ,
    Warning a 1 day city and guilds degree that is bought is not a qualification, most of these phone shops etc will just get the cheapest quickest subby to do the job to maximise their own profits,
    beware non insulated wires , cables over air bags, loose equipment under dash , all are hidden dangers.

BEFORE I WENT N DUNE ME FAS COORSE , I CUDENT EVAN SPEEL ENGANER , NOW AFTRER OLNY 3 WEKS I ARE 1 . IM GONA TA NASA NXT.

After putting up a post like that your either highly qualified auto-electrician or had a very bad experience with some sort of installation

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I have had installs done though carkits.ie before in sandyford and found them to be top notch. It's just that I am based down the county now that I opted for parrot.ie as it was nationwide install of parrot products with free adaptor.

Advertisement