Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst parenting ever?

Options
  • 11-01-2010 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

The worst parenting I have ever seen myself was when I saw a pregnant woman smoking, but this is much worse. In this clip you see a chinese father who gives a cigarette to his 3 year old son and lets him smoke it. The impression you get is that it is not the first time either.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fe3_1234479703

What is the worst parenting you have ever seen or heard about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If this thread is just to bitch about parents then it's is not going to last long here at all.
    Any hint of trolling and it will be deleted and posters banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

My vote for worst parenting whilst not deliberately trying to harm your child would have to go the Jehovah's Witnesses who'd refuse their children blood transfusions because of their religious beliefs.

I'm sure we can all think of horrific examples of things that parents have done to their children but the above is the most damaging 'well intentioned' parenting I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

take a look outside the main entrance of the Cork University Maternity Hospital (or any maternity hospital I'm sure) and you will see plenty examples of bad parenting and the baby isn't even born yet. Plenty of wans puffing away on their fags in a haze of ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

That guy is so not 3. Maybe it is someone with a growth defect of some kind, but mannerisms and facial expressions make me think he is much much older than 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I'm a non smoker, just to make that clear. But I don't think that smoking during pregnancy is the "worst" parenting I have seen. I think much worse is allowing children to interrupt, rewarding bad behaviour and whinging and other such things, slapping a child repeatedly in anger, allowing a child to be rude, the pregnant woman I saw taking cocaine and drinking huge amounts of vodka and red bull. All of which I have seen, however never in the same person, no parent is perfect, some have bigger problems than others. Smoking is not good but it is hardly the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Have to agree. I don't like smoking during pregnancy and think women should quit if they can but its no way the worst example of parenting I've ever seen.

Far worse is parents who abuse their kids sexually or physically, neglect, drug addiction etc

Is the OP simply trying to start a debate about smoking mums to be I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

babygaga can you please register an account, the unreggistered posting system is for those wishing to post about certain issues to seek help and not for those contributing regularly to the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭GalwayDub2

The worst case of bad parenting I've seen lately is parents allowing their children go on frozen lakes on QUAD BIKES!!!!! I read it in the paper when we had the bad weather, I think it was either in Leitrim or Cavan.

What are people thinking :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

SLUSK wrote: »
    The worst parenting I have ever seen myself was when I saw a pregnant woman smoking, but this is much worse. In this clip you see a chinese father who gives a cigarette to his 3 year old son and lets him smoke it. The impression you get is that it is not the first time either.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fe3_1234479703

What is the worst parenting you have ever seen or heard about?

omg i showed my mom and we lol'ed at this but that is soooooo bad lol

Advertisement