Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the camera up and down tommorow, any advice/experience?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I had my up on Tuesday, I was out of it for the most part. I did awake at one point in pain. I just know I was groaning in pain, but I was out again in a flash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭evil-yoda

i took the klean prep at 14:00 today... took an hour and a half for it to work! then i was on the loo for 3 and a half hours. i ended running for my ipod... a bit of entertainment! i had it all drank by 18:00 though. i'm sat here waiting for it to wear off totally till i can go to bed! heheh
    appointment is tomorrow, nothing can be worse than that klean prep though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Only saw this thread now. Had a great* time last week for my 2nd endoscopy/colonoscopy.

Endoscopies never get easier no matter how many you have...ugh. I think I still have burst blood vessels around my eyes.

My colonoscopy, in contrast, was a walk in the park (Klean-Prep notwithstanding).

And thus beginneth the wait for results...

*sarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭evil-yoda

strangely enough, i didn't find that the klean prep was so bad. the first glass was icky, but after i got used to it.... to be honest, once it started, i knocked it back as fast as possible, the recomendation was one glass every 10-15 minutes, i had one every 5. it wore off an hour and a half after i' drank all the stuff.
    The procedure was a walk in the park... although i woke up in the middle of the colonoscopy! i cant remember getting the camera down my throat.
    it was worth it in the end, i found out i have an infection in my tummy causing all the fuss! so thats being treated,i'll be ok once i've finished the course of anti biotics...
    so, if you're gettig both things done, i'd say take the Klean prep about 2, and it'll be over at 7ish. and dont eat anything! have a good book or an ipod or MP3 player! and take the stuff into the loo with you. the procedure will be over then before you know it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Hello all, Im having the camera up:eek: next month. This thread has answered alot of questions already and relaxed me. I have to take the K-prep before the procedure. Is there any problem with knocking back the K-prep in one go or must you sip it slowly over 15 mins?

To be honest, the only thing worrying me now is the thought of babbling out some tripe after the sedation drug:o

I kind of hope im awake and aware for the procudure and view it on the tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

Hello all, Im having the camera up:eek: next month. This thread has answered alot of questions already and relaxed me. I have to take the K-prep before the procedure. Is there any problem with knocking back the K-prep in one go or must you sip it slowly over 15 mins?

To be honest, the only thing worrying me now is the thought of babbling out some tripe after the sedation drug:o

I had my camera done a couple of years back and can't remember much about how fast or slow I drank the stuff the day before so can't advise, I think if you get it down then it probably doesn't matter too much how fast you take it. You will need some quality bathroom time though so unless you live alone make sure people give you full control of the loo!

I watched mine on the camera, quite interesting really. They forgot to give me sedation until literally 5 mins before the procedure so I was fully awake, I do remember the cramps being pretty bad but nothing unbearable. Even when it was over, the sedation never kicked in, I think I must be immune! But that was a good thing as I was able to drive myself home. Didn't have any discomfort at all afterwards. I actually think the camera down your throat would be harder but haven't had one of those so am only guessing! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

fonril wrote: »
    I had my camera done a couple of years back and can't remember much about how fast or slow I drank the stuff the day before so can't advise, I think if you get it down then it probably doesn't matter too much how fast you take it. You will need some quality bathroom time though so unless you live alone make sure people give you full control of the loo!

I watched mine on the camera, quite interesting really. They forgot to give me sedation until literally 5 mins before the procedure so I was fully awake, I do remember the cramps being pretty bad but nothing unbearable. Even when it was over, the sedation never kicked in, I think I must be immune! But that was a good thing as I was able to drive myself home. Didn't have any discomfort at all afterwards. I actually think the camera down your throat would be harder but haven't had one of those so am only guessing! :p

I suppose your right. Once its down the hatch it will do the same job.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Lol.. I woke up half way though mine but for some reason I was hysterical. The nurse told me afterwards that for the whole procedure I bawled like a baby!! Now THAT was embarrassing!! :D but the nurses and doctors see it all (literally) and have heard it all too! Don't be worrying!
    fonril wrote: »
    I actually think the camera down your throat would be harder but haven't had one of those so am only guessing! :p
    yeah that one isn't really nice. I've had it quiet a few times and the last time I had it done, the sedation took it's time to kick in so they thought I was asleep and shoved the camera down my throat and it was awful because gagging on that is not cool :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

The k-prep comes in 3-4 packs like packets of soup, each one has to be mixed with 2 pints of water so your looking at 6-8 pints:D
    I have a special jug for these happy days that I can mix the lot in one go.
    It has a vanilla/salty sort of taste. I'm pretty good at trowing them back so the first 3-4 pints go down in the first 15 mins but you tend to slow up after that. You are meant to down a pint every 20 mins. Takes me an hour/hour and a half then hold on to your hat.
    Pre book the loo for about 2 hours and bring a radio:)
    Takes about 20/30 mins on the table, I've been out cold and wide awake on different occasions, it's not so bad. You can have it done with out the medication but you will have to tell them this. Done one yesterday, all clear, back in 3 years.

Advertisement