Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy handed modding

Options
  • 11-01-2010 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

I have been using boards for quite a while without receiving any infractions, however I seem to have gained the attention of the mod "sceptre" who in my opinion is giving me infractions for the feeblest of reasons.

I have received three in the last week.

I'll post them up to see what other people think.

Technically maybe my posts did breach the charter but the letter of the law does not seem to get applied to other posters.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Daithinski

Re: You have received a warning at boards.ie
    If you'd sufficiently included your own views that would have been apparent. I don't read links that don't have that.

The request was "It's up to you as thread starter to ensure the discussion has a useful birth. Your thoughts with even some basic development should do, please."

"It seems like a bit of a waste of space to me." is not very much basic development.

If you want to try again, feel free with the proviso that follows.Your job as thread starter is to give birth to a discussion so stupid as it may seem as a suggestion, if you reckon it's a waste of space, as a suggestion, how's about the notion of saying why you think so... (that's plainly where your discussion starts) More than a line means the mods won't have to lock a page of AH-style contributions and toss the entire thing into the bin so it's your call.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daithinski
    I did include my own views = "It seems like a bit of a waste of space to me."

The new world order thing is not a conspiracy theory its actually a quote from the link I posted up. Just because it has the words new, world and order doesn't make it conspiracy mumbo jumbo.

"Copenhagen is a first step toward a new world climate order, nothing more but also nothing less. Those who are only putting Copenhagen down are helping those who want to blockade rather than move forward," the chancellor (Angela Merkel) added.

No need to go around taking stuff out of context and patronising people.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sceptre
    Dear Daithinski,

You have received a warning at boards.ie.

Reason:

Breach of Forum Charter

It's up to you as thread-starter to include your own views on a topic rather than merely knocking in a link for people to read. The Politics forum charter is clear on this.

The following was posted by me as forum moderator at 20:32:
    Quote:
    I'd like to know what you think, as thread starter. We have a Conspiracy Theories forum if it's number 2.

It's up to you as thread starter to ensure the discussion has a useful birth. Your thoughts with even some basic development should do, please.

The following was posted at 01:49, at which point the thread was locked and deleted:
    Quote:
    Long enough wait, thread locked. The forum charter requirements about including personal views aren't very strict but they're there for a reason.
    Please read the Politics forum charter - thread starters are required to make reasonable effort to include their views.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63809990
    Quote:
    Just wondering what peoples views were on this. It seems like a bit of a waste of space to me.

Opinion seems to be split on the Copenhagen Accord.

1. It achieved nothing, has no target, and is not binding (like kyoto).

or

2. It is a first step to a "new world climate order"

http://en.cop15.dk/news/view+news?newsid=3080
    Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
    boards.ie

Re: You have received an infraction at boards.ie
    Indeed you do. If you need clarification greater than that included with the infraction notice you may seek it. However it should be rather plain and clear.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daithinski
    Hi, I have no problem with the thread, rovert was doing a bit of trolling and trying to drag the thread off topic (straight away post no 2). But I get an infraction for breach of peace? whatever.

Quote:
    Dear Daithinski,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: Breach of Peace

Not helpful. if you don't like the existence of a thread, don't participate in it.

Replying with something with: "Yawn. Another irish language bashing thread. Seriously dude, get a better hobby." isn't what the board is for. Politeness and deference to your fellow board members is easy. Please adopt such a pose. It cuts both ways.

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63913488
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rovert viewpost.gif
    Is referring to Irish speakers as an in-group that offensive it is the fourth finding of the report? I dont see what was the issue here.

Yawn. Another irish language bashing thread. Seriously dude, get a better hobby.
    All the best,
    boards.ie

Dear Daithinski,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: Being Naughty
    The Politics forum is not, as you know full well, the bad standup comedy forum.

Please bear this in mind when contributing a post.

There is a thread over in AH on the Robinson affair where a comedy post might be worth something.

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63932231
    Quote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRwTj6iXnSI

Full version parody of Simon and Garfunkel's Mrs Robinson. Based on recent events in Northern Ireland.
    All the best,
    boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It "technically" broke the charter, but you don't expect to get punished?

The point is, you did - and repeatedly break the charter. In some forums, you would be banned by now.

With regard to other users - well I certainly see infractions being handed out on that forum. Remember, just because you cannot see something being done, it doesn't mean it is not happening.

Advertisement