Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrieve deleted text message?

• 11-01-2010 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

I got a text a few hours ago but, as my message storage memory was full, I had to delete some messages to see the new text. I ended up deleting the new text as well as the old text. :o

I don't know who the text was from or anything. Is there any way of retrieving this message?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Contact your service provider, they are obliged to retain records of all text messages for 2 years under EU Data retention derivatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Contact your service provider, they are obliged to retain records of all text messages for 2 years under EU Data retention derivatives.

That's **** true? :eek:

I send some really dodgy texts, me.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Just rang up meteor there and he said they could do nothing about it, once a text is deleted it's gone.

So it looks like i'll never know...

:(:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

If it's important they'll text again. Put a message up on your facebook/twitter/bebo etc saying "hey whoever text me today I deleted the message by mistake! let me know!"

So that will narrow it down a bit, if nobody responds, assume it's someone else and then see if you were expecting a text off someone who you don't regularly text. Sure maybe it was just a promotional text from nokia/mobile network/local niteclub etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Not for this purpose.

I got a text a few hours ago but, as my message storage memory was full, I had to delete some messages to see the new text. I ended up deleting the new text as well as the old text. :o

I don't know who the text was from or anything. Is there any way of retrieving this message?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

If its important they will ring or text you again ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement