Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Room

Options
  • 11-01-2010 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking for a cheap private room for 2 in New York for the first week in June. Basically the girlfriend and I are heading over to do some travelling around America and really wanna do the accomadation as cheaply as we can. Now something as simple as a double room in a hostel with a shared bathroom for €25 a night would be great but we want a half decent location also. Anything like renting a room in a house for a week for 100 quid would be good too. Can it be done or am I living in a dream world and should just accept that we are gonna have to cough up the cash?

Cheers for any input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Deadalus wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'm looking for a cheap private room for 2 in New York for the first week in June. Basically the girlfriend and I are heading over to do some travelling around America and really wanna do the accomadation as cheaply as we can. Now something as simple as a double room in a hostel with a shared bathroom for €25 a night would be great but we want a half decent location also. Anything like renting a room in a house for a week for 100 quid would be good too. Can it be done or am I living in a dream world and should just accept that we are gonna have to cough up the cash?

Cheers for any input.

The above prices are not generally feasible for a half-decent location in Manhattan.

For comparison; the YMCA in Upper West Side will give you a bunk-bed room with shared bathroom for $100 per night. The YMCA in Harlem will give you a room for about $532 for the week.

You could consider one of the other boroughs, but I don't believe the money saved is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Hi Deadulus

I stayed here a few years back, great location. http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g60763-d80081-Reviews-Chelsea_Inn_17th_Street-New_York_City_New_York.html

You have to be realistic about the price of accommodation in NY, Manhattan especially is crazy even for hostels.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Have a look at hotwire.com or priceline.com. Use betterbidding.com to narrow down which hotels you could get.I used priceline last year for a hotel in Boston and it worked out at $82 per night compared to $250 on the hotels website.The people on betterbidding are fantastic and will normally guess correctly the hotel you get before you bid. :)

Advertisement