Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Force majeure- cancelled Flights

Options
  • 11-01-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Quick question I had too take two days off last week from work as flights on my return journey from a holiday were cancelled twice. I was off the opinion that this could fall under force majeure but I am to take them as annual leave. Does anyone know if this is correct as I could of lied and said i was ill and taken two days sick leave but opted for the truth instead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

This is what Force majeure leave is for:
    Force majeure leave

If you have a family crisis the Parental Leave Act, 1998 as amended by the Parental Leave (Amendment) Act 2006 (pdf) gives an employee a limited right to leave from work. This is known as force majeure leave. It arises where:

* For urgent family reasons the immediate presence of the employee is indispensable
    * As a result of an injury to, or illness involving a close family member.

Using your annual leave seems to be only fair.

Advertisement