Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creating Backup HD Image with 'Self-Image'

• 11-01-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

HD has recently started to click occasionally, so I'm fearing the worst.
    I intend to create a back-up image of the disk onto an external hard drive.
    (on my over to Komplette to pick one up).
    Currently, I intend using Self-Image to do this but does anybody recommend
    any other, perhaps better, software to do this?
    Also, if I purchase and install a new HD, does it have to be EXACTLY the same size as the original in order to copy back the HD image, or can I safely use a larger one?
    Any help appreciated.

Dermot

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Norton Ghost is pretty good, never used it though. As long as the drive is the same or bigger in capacity it shouldn't matter, not sure though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

I've used Maxblaster to clone a few drives(even cloned a clone), works like a dream all done in under 10 mins but the destination HD does have to be bigger as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

I've used Acronis True Image before for creating and restoring image, it's easy and user-friendly. Although if you want to clone your entire Hard disk to a new one you should try Acronis Migrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

http://www.runtime.org/driveimage-xml.htm

Free.
    I've used this many times. Works perfect. Uses VSS to image drive while windows is still running

Advertisement