Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Miracle Worker [3min Horror]

Options
  • 11-01-2010 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I've recently made a horror film to be entered into the UK Paranormal Activity DVD competition and would appriecate some feedback people other than friends. It's a dark adaptation on the story of Helen Keller, or at least that was the stimulas for the film.

If you've 2 minutes and 55 seconds to spare, check it out on YouTube

Thanks for your time biggrin.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Norman213

very cool. loved the colour (or lack of) throughout.would love to make something even half as atmospheric as that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

It's pretty good for the most part... It seems like the color/feel of the shots changes about half when through with the first close up of the camera guy... Before that it's dark and a bit grainy and suddenly it's dark green and really clear... That kinda threw me a bit... Also I think the 'gore' shot is really unnecessary and really took away from the movie as a whole, up until that point it was a nice atmospheric piece with that shock at the end... Then the 'gore' shot just makes it feel ridiculous... You could have had that shot replaced with a shot of like the camera guys leg twitching on the ground or being dragged or something... So that's my biggest gripe with it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JonsterMonster

I agree with you, Doom, I do. There's obviously certain clichés I need to get outta my system before I make anything of real depth. I just fancied seeing the actor crew raw liver...

Advertisement