Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPPs on STARS

Options
  • 11-01-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Does anyone know how the FPPs work for SNGs on stars i wanna workout what volume i have to play to get to goldstar. I currently 20 table the $3.40 turbos until ive 50 buy ins for the next level

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

I think you get 7 points for each dollar spent in reg fees. Each FPP is worth 6c against clearing bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

Kod12, have you been doing that for long? What kind or ROI would you expect when 20 tableing? And how many are you playing a week roughly?

The reason im asking is because i was thinking about doing the same myself for a change. Are many people doing this? 6max NL cash is a bit boring at the minute.

Another thing i was wondering is if anyone is planning to go for supernova this year and is it worth the effort? I think BIGMICKG isnt gonna bother going for supernova elite so id say nobody else here is sick enough to.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭kod12

Hi BainJL

I have only started this recently when i went on a bad run in cash i had $23 left and had a good roi at SNGs before so gave it a shot and worked it up in $120 in a session so now have 35 buy ins so gona keep going until 50 buyins and move to the $6.50s where i was before i had to cash out. I suppose you can expect an ROI of between 5-10% in these if you have a solid enough game altho be aware of the $3.40s the fish pay u off more often than not but the swings are huge i gave up playing the 9 mans as the variance was too big and started with the 18mans which allows for more play if you are 20 tabling. i got table ninja last week and that has made multitabling way easier so you could prob add on another 10 tables without noticing any difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

You get 5.5 vpps for each $ of rake, so 2.2 vpps for each $3+0.40 you play.

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/earn/#HowdoIearnVPPs

Goldstar is 3000 vpp's, so you need to play 1364 games.

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/gold/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BOBBB

kod12 wrote: »
    Hi BainJL

I have only started this recently when i went on a bad run in cash i had $23 left and had a good roi at SNGs before so gave it a shot and worked it up in $120 in a session so now have 35 buy ins so gona keep going until 50 buyins and move to the $6.50s where i was before i had to cash out. I suppose you can expect an ROI of between 5-10% in these if you have a solid enough game altho be aware of the $3.40s the fish pay u off more often than not but the swings are huge i gave up playing the 9 mans as the variance was too big and started with the 18mans which allows for more play if you are 20 tabling. i got table ninja last week and that has made multitabling way easier so you could prob add on another 10 tables without noticing any difference

How much it table ninja?Worth it?

• Advertisement

i think its $60 but well worth it imo. there is a months free trial so id check it out. looks like goldstar is gona be a task unless i move up to the $6.50 turbos and get the multiplier from silverstar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

VPPs and FPPs are completely different things. There is no VPP multiplier.

vpps is different? feck i have my work cut out for me so :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

vpps go up at the same rate whether you are a Gold star or supernova.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

Can someone tell me what the benefits are for those that reach Supernova? I find the website unclear. If you were to get the 100k points needed, what % rakeback would it equate to? And how do you actually get the money?

• Advertisement

thechamp87 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what the benefits are for those that reach Supernova? I find the website unclear. If you were to get the 100k points needed, what % rakeback would it equate to? And how do you actually get the money?

http://fpppro.com/pokerstars-rakeback.php is pretty good.

You get the money by claiming stellar rewards, milestone bonuses and buying bonuses or tourney tickets with your fpp's, or sending them receipts and claiming the money through the concierge. There's a page on the site linked that shows the best value for your points.

Every so often I get a pop saying "you have cleared $X, you can buy something from our stellar rewards store" (i'm not sure how they phrased it). anyway, is there no way to just cash in all these??

thechamp87 wrote: »
    Every so often I get a pop saying "you have cleared $X, you can buy something from our stellar rewards store" (i'm not sure how they phrased it). anyway, is there no way to just cash in all these??

Yes, go to the store, choose stellar rewards and you can buy each one that you've qualified for for 1 fpp each. It's cash that goes into your account instantly.

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/stellar/

Grafter wrote: »
    Yes, go to the store, choose stellar rewards and you can buy each one that you've qualified for for 1 fpp each. It's cash that goes into your account instantly.

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/stellar/

Ah ok, cheers. Couldn't find that Stellar rewards thing in the store.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

On the Stellar rewards your best bet is to leave them and cash them in all together near the end of the year as they start of pretty small.

Advertisement