Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Repeating LC (2 subjects) - it 4 months enough time?

Options
  • 11-01-2010 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi, I am hoping to start a BEd degree full time in Sept, returning as a 30 year old mature student after being working for the past 12 years. I have from now until June to study Honours Irish and obtain a C3 as well as to undertake another honours subject. If anyone has any suggestions/recommendations/thoughts on this I would appreciate it. Am I crazy? Is it do-able? I will be working full time while studying so would have evenings and weekends from now until then. Any thoughts much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Are you attending any evening classes?
    What did you get the first time you did the subjects (if you did)?

Do you have someone who can help you by correcting sample answers etc.?
    If the second subject involves practical work have you someone to sign off on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jonnycash

Thanks for your reply. No basically I am trying to get into one of the colleges (the course would have started last Sept). I am to call tomorrow to speak with a head of one of them about it. I have no-one to help me with questions etc. I'm on my own on this one. I just dont want to delay starting college another year if I thought I could complete and 2 subjects and get hons in them in 4 months.

When I did my LC I did ord level irish and got a C2 or C3, cant remember. I think I will take another language to study along with the Irish if I can get in somewhere from now until then. I have a really good hons English grade from previous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you could attend even one evening class a week it would help greatly.
    Have you contacted your local VEC to ask about night LC classes?

You've probably done this, but make sure you get your entry into Athlone soon. They will charge a repeat fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jonnycash

Thanks

Advertisement