Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cultural context.!

Options
  • 11-01-2010 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

does anyone no any site where i can get a couple of good sample awnsers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I suppose if you found a cultural context question in the exam papers and typed the code into e-xamit.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

skoool.ie doesnt have answers but good enough notes on the texts. if thats any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

What books/films are you studying for cultural context i might be able to give you some notes? :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Look at the exemplar answers in the chief examiner's report from different years, at www.examinations.ie . The book Shortcuts to Success English Essay Writing is also decent enough for giving an idea of essay standards (they give marked sample answers). These more than likely won't have answers suiting the exact texts you are studying however.

The Key Notes book is usually fairly good too, but once again, mightn't suit the texts your class is doing.

If you're doing an odd combination of texts/film you won't find an answer to suit them very easily, but examples of answering standard in general are easily found in the sources above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Conor108 wrote: »
    I suppose if you found a cultural context question in the exam papers and typed the code into e-xamit.ie?

o ya forgot about that....
    cheers!

• Advertisement

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    What books/films are you studying for cultural context i might be able to give you some notes? :)

sive, pride and prejudice, and casablanca.
    I already have plenty of notes. Im just lacking a sample awnser for cultural context atm.
    Thanks anyway.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Cultural context is the easiest of the 3 options in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Stewie Griffin

Don't forget you only need to have two modes prepared and I reckon CC is the least likely option to appear this year, based on patterns from past papers.

Don't forget you only need to have two modes prepared and I reckon CC is the least likely option to appear this year, based on patterns from past papers.

General vision and viewpoint is my other one. I reckon this is the easiest one & its the one im doing most work for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

We're just doing CC and Literary Genre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭graceknowsstuff

Hey, I've found the revision book "Shortcuts to Success: The Comparative Study" to be really good, not only with essay models and sample paragraphs, but sample essays for each of the comparative modes.
    If you could pick it up anywhere, I'm sure that would help you a lot. It's also got a good few things specifically about Sive, P&P and Casablanca.
    Sorry, I don't know of any websites or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Cultural context is the easiest of the 3 options in my opinion.

yeah I agree.. I think it's far easier than the other two..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

We're doing the Truman Show, Lies of Silence, and Panther in the Basement.

It is such a stupid combination - I don't know how we're going to compare them. It's not like comparing apples and oranges - it's more like comparing apples and DVD Players :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

We're doing the Truman Show, Lies of Silence, and Panther in the Basement.

It is such a stupid combination - I don't know how we're going to compare them. It's not like comparing apples and oranges - it's more like comparing apples and DVD Players :rolleyes:

Thye dont have to be similar, though
    Ours are easily comparable but v depressing choices.

Im my opinion, the more you like something, the more you will learn about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

We never bothered doing CC, since it was asked last year?

I lost my literary genre answer from last year so I'm just praying that general vision and viewpoint comes up, rather like that one TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 vintagelover

Is anyone else doing il postino,pride and prejudice and dancing at lughnasa as their three texts?...i can't find anyone who is and its soo hard to find notes on IP on the net!:O...our teacher gave us some for it in general but not for comparing it with the other two!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Is anyone else doing il postino,pride and prejudice and dancing at lughnasa as their three texts?...i can't find anyone who is and its soo hard to find notes on IP on the net!:O...our teacher gave us some for it in general but not for comparing it with the other two!:confused:

I'm doing that same combination. I feel your pain. We didn't get many notes either, but my teacher did a sort of comparative sheet on each of the texts. The idea is that you fold each sheet in half lengthways and put them side by side, apparently (never did this myself). Not sure how helpful it is but I've scanned and uploaded all three sheets as a pdf file. Hope it helps! :)

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/179467/Comparative-pdf.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 vintagelover

Thanks!:D....we have something similar but that one is clearer!..im really hoping general vision and viewpoint comes up cos its alot easier to comprehend and write about in relation to Il Postino!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

yeah I agree.. I think it's far easier than the other two..
    I disagree. It just baffles me and it's so difficult to actually compare the texts in the one essay.Especially if the texts are all epically boring.

Advertisement