Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's up with this town?

Options
  • 11-01-2010 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Can't have drinking water for the entire year, and now that it's a little bit cold, can't have hot water either.

By the end of the week lectures are going to smell like ass (and it will be in large part due to me).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Galways tap water is fine to drink now as far as I know. Has been for the last year at least. No more crypto thank god! Why have ye no hot water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Salt McMan

Well it's good that the water isn't poisonous anymore, but it's still yellow and smells like it came out of a cow's butt.

Hot water: I think my landlord's title should be changed to "Dungeon Master."

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

Salt McMan wrote: »
    Well it's good that the water isn't poisonous anymore, but it's still yellow and smells like it came out of a cow's butt.

Hot water: I think my landlord's title should be changed to "Dungeon Master."

Yellow ass cold water and no hot water??/I think the root of your problems lies with your Landlord. Hardly the fault of the town of Galway.

Are you sure you're living in Galway? :P Poisonous yellow ass water... Seiously though, what part of Galway are you in. Could it be something to do with poor pipework in the house or in the area, perhaps groundwater is leaking into your supply :confused: Could you contact the EPA if the problem is not just isolated to your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Moved to Galway City as this has nothing to do with NUIG specifically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

friendface wrote: »
    Galways tap water is fine to drink now as far as I know. Has been for the last year at least. No more crypto thank god! Why have ye no hot water?

Dunno where you live but I have never run a tap anywhere in Galway without getting the foul stench of chlorine. Not a ****ing chance I'd drink that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

its like liiiiiime morthar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Yellow water usually means there's iron in the water. All the water in Kenmare is like this. Makes the water taste quite nice. But all the water down there is like that. However if you're living in the city yellow water isn't good. Have you got your heating system on and set to heating and hot water?? Hot water doesn't magically happen :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

whats up with this town...

Its actually a City, and if you have a crap landlord then pay a bit more money and rent somewhere decent.

nothing is wrong with Galway city, if you dont like it stop moaning and take one of the exit routes theres a fantastic new one going towards dublin.:D

dafunk wrote: »
    Dunno where you live but I have never run a tap anywhere in Galway without getting the foul stench of chlorine. Not a ****ing chance I'd drink that.

Come on, it's not that bad. Do you work for Ballygowan by any chance :p I've been drinking the tap water in Galway for 5 years and it's not bad by any means. Not discouloured and I don't get a strong smell of chlorine off it. If it makes any difference, I'm in rented accommodation in the Rahoon area, but I assume the water would be the same in all parts of the city?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Rable rable rable....I put too much sugar in my coffee....blame the government....rable rable rable.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

whats up with this town...

Its actually a City, and if you have a crap landlord then pay a bit more money and rent somewhere decent.

nothing is wrong with Galway city, if you dont like it stop moaning and take one of the exit routes theres a fantastic new one going towards dublin.:D

+1 what he said. If your landlords a bollix tell him to fix it or take your rent money elsewhere. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 EdwardSav

Similar problems with my water. Doesnt look any different but even brushing your teeth can lead to stomach pains and diarrhoea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I actually think the water does taste different around the city. This could be due to pipes, but perhaps different areas have different reservoir feeds?

We are towards the West of the city and the water definitely tastes chlorinated to me, particularly when it first comes out in the AM.

If filters don't work, or you can't afford them, came across this
    No harm in playing a few tunes to the tap or giving a bit of praise to the jug in the fridge, sure is there? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

inisboffin wrote: »
    I actually think the water does taste different around the city. This could be due to pipes, but perhaps different areas have different reservoir feeds?

I agree and I'm wouldn't have much confidence in the standard of it either, or anything the Galway city or county council are responsible for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

man up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Down with this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

mink_man wrote: »
    man up!
    ?????

Advertisement