Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combined tiler/plumber/handyman Cork City

• 11-01-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Folks,

if anyone knows someone in Cork City who fits the profile in the thread title can you please PM me. I'm revamping my downstairs loo so the scope of work will be:

1. remove existing tiles and skirting, remove W.C. and sink
    2. excavate a bit of the floor as the sink pipes and waste need to be repositioned from one wall to another
    3. floor tile (1st fix).
    4. install new W.C. and sink (will come with fancy cabinets so all plumbing will be hidden)
    5. floor tile (2nd fix).

It would be great if I could just get one lad to do the lot. Any suggestion by PM would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Have you rang PJ matthews on the ballysimon road and asked them for a bathroom fitters number. This is the perfect person for the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

PJ Matthew's is on the Ballysimon road in Limerick City.

PJ Matthew's is on the Ballysimon road in Limerick City.

Dohhh.... Thats what happens when i stop travelling. The problem is i can see the place I just cannot think of the name of it now....

He could always ring limerick :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭youtheman

Follow on question (and I hope Joey is still on line).

My downstairs loo is 1200 mm wide (wall to wall). Currently the W.C. is on the back wall, under the window. The sink is on the side wall, but it's currently encroaching very close to the loo. I was thinking of putting both the new W.C. and sink (small cloakroom type unit) on the back wall (1200 mm). You can buy 600 mm cabinets for back to the wall W.C. and a similar unit for the sink.

But it's very hard to visualise it, and especially if the w.c. will be too close to the side wall to make it workable (my gut feeling is that it will be too tight). Have you any 'rule of thumb' on what is the minimum distance (centre line of w.c. to side wall).

There are other options, such as a corner w.c. which comes out at 45 degrees, or there is a round seat type w.c. where you can sit at any angle.

Any guidance would be greatly appreiated.

I have to go for a while but i have a book with measurements i will take a look at it and get back to you. On a side note I think its possible. Have you considered going the furnature route. iw back to wall pan and a semi basin. all mounted on the unit. I will get back when i have measurments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭youtheman

Joey,

Thanks a million, 'you're a star''.

I was thinking of buying ready made furniture, see page 72 of 94 of this brochure (500mm and 600 mm cabinets):

http://www.idealstandard.ie/Brochures/Ideal%20Standard%20-%20Live%20the%20ideal%2009.pdf

Sorry i lost this thread i could not find it. Yes you have the right idea. The size of the units need to be checked. Because they are back to wall units they are out from the wall. You will need to take into account the width the height and the total projection from the wall.

This is exactly what I would have thought off...

You will need to mark the unts you want and have a plumber look to check the pipe work however there is a lot of flexi pipework on the market so there should be no problem. You might just have a hole in a shelf

The benefit of this furnatuer is if the soil outlet is in the floor it is adaptable and if its in the back its easy.

The one word of caution thought this is easy stuff to fit. So a plumber should not charge you any more than a normal job...Also make sure the taps you buy are not high pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

Mod Edit, content removed, breaking site rules, free advertising on boards is not allowed

Advertisement