Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation Wicklow Town

• 11-01-2010 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Wicklow Town (walking distance from Wicklow Gaol preferably)?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭driverite

I see the grand hotel doing €39 a night with dinner monday to thursday. and its not tooo far from the gaol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Before you book, check out the reviews on tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186646-d641521-Reviews-Grand_Hotel_Wicklow-Wicklow_County_Wicklow.html

Those reviews arent wrong.
    I think €39 per night is dear at half the price.

Also its at the other end of the town from the Old Gaol.

I'd consider some of the B&B's in the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

Yes, the grand is at the other end of the town, but it's a 10 minute walk to the Gaol there. Although I've never stayed in the Grand Hotel (I live just up the road from it), I've enjoyed the food they serve there, which I think with some of the specials, come with the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

Thanks folks. I saw the reviews of the Grand on TripAdvisor and wasn't impressed. But I contacted the Gaol who put me in touch with the Wicklow Enterprise Centre who recommended a few B&Bs, one of which is a short walk from the Gaol. Sorted :)

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭sfhawke7w

am taking part in the wicklow adventure race in april and would like to get accomodation near the race. would be looking for a house or an apartment for 3-4 nights.

any help or suggestions would be great!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭sexdwarf

You could try Glendale Holiday Homes www.glendale-glendalough.com or Riversdale House www.visitwicklow.ie/accommodation/riversdale_house.htm both in Glendalough?

Advertisement