Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dice Bar

Options
  • 11-01-2010 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi

I am heading to Dublin this weekend and am planning to head to Dice Bar in Smithfield just off the Quays on Saturday night but had heard it may have closed down.

Does anybody who live in the area know if its still open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

It is still open. (Unless they suddenly closed in the last few days)

They do great rockabilly nights on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Hi

I am heading to Dublin this weekend and am planning to head to Dice Bar in Smithfield just off the Quays on Saturday night but had heard it may have closed down.

Does anybody who live in the area know if its still open?

Some days they don't seem to open that early and have their shutters down, which is why it can be easy to think it's closed.

Pretty sure it's still open too but not absolutely 100%.

Maybe dig up a phone number and call it some evening to be absolutely certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I live about 2 mins away from this place and as far as i know its still open

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Only one Keano

Thanks a lot for the feedback - much appreciated!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I live around the corner from it. It's still open. :)

1968... tell me more about these Rockabilly nights? Didn't know they had anything like that on there. :eek: :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Had a good night there the Saturday before last. Still one of my favourite places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

stovelid wrote: »
    Had a good night there the Saturday before last. Still one of my favourite places.
    what kinda crowd go there? Is it worth going out of your way for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Dord wrote: »
    1968... tell me more about these Rockabilly nights? Didn't know they had anything like that on there. :eek: :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockabilly

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? ;)

Advertisement