Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Accomadation - Choose roommates?

Options
  • 11-01-2010 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hey Guy's,
    Basically a lot of people i know are looking to move into campus residences for their third year but is it possible to choose your roommates?? its probably not but i just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience??
    Thanks.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

Yeah ,they give you a choice of gorgeous looking girls and you pick who you want to be your room mates you can also pick if you want them to sleep in the same bed as you, or squash in your sleeping-bag

• Registered Users Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Of course it is.

I chose Jack Bauer, John Locke and William Adama.

They are always keeping me up with their hijinks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 IxM

HaHa its not that TirNaNog:p, its just that in 1st year a load of us got to be mates living in Merville and this year everyone decided to move off campus, needless to say bills,travelling and landlords are a lot more irritating than RA's so everyone wants back on campus now!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

With the wonderful new accomdation system UCD put in place this year you can choose your exact house, apartment and room yourself. Hence, get all your mates to choose the same house and apartment (not room obviously) and you're sorted! Just agree on wherever ye want to live first and be sitting at your computer as soon as regsitration opens.

I presume 3rd year is your final year? Otherwise you won't be offered accomodation in the same way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 IxM

Really???Yeah it will be our final year of undergrad. Cheer's :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

IxM wrote: »
    Really???Yeah it will be our final year of undergrad. Cheer's :D

Yup, the whole system has changed since last year, it's pure handy now. Get confirmation straight away of your place and everything, none ofthis anxious waiting for several days!

You're sorted so - enjoy campus again!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Some of the residences have gas-fired central heating, which is much more comfy and cheaper (i'd imagine) than the ones with electric storage heaters. Make sure you choose one of those!

Advertisement