Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going out in Swords.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭muffy

Chris83 wrote: »
    Thanks, so its more of a wine bar?
    I was looking for somewhere a bit more 'traditional' if you know what I mean. We're coming over from Liverpool to drink and sing (and be merry, hopefully!) oh and get married.

Yea Wright's is kinda a cafe/disco/bar type place, if you're looking tradtional try the Cock Tavern or The Harp even.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Chris83 wrote: »
    Thanks, so its more of a wine bar?
    I was looking for somewhere a bit more 'traditional' if you know what I mean. We're coming over from Liverpool to drink and sing (and be merry, hopefully!) oh and get married.

Best wishes for the future!

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Hiya, does anyone please know what places in Swords have trad sessions and on what nights? I'd love to go to one but never know when they're on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Hiya, does anyone please know what places in Swords have trad sessions and on what nights? I'd love to go to one but never know when they're on.
    The Old Schoolhouse used to on a Friday night. Maybe give them a ring and see if its still on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Anyone know if The Star is still a good place for a night out?
    I've heard all sorts of horror stories saying it's turned into a right kip, but i could wrong.
    Also, is the Slaughtered Lamb really as bad as they say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Kiera wrote: »
    The Old Schoolhouse used to on a Friday night. Maybe give them a ring and see if its still on.
    They do it on a thursday now
    McChubbin wrote: »
    Anyone know if The Star is still a good place for a night out?
    I've heard all sorts of horror stories saying it's turned into a right kip, but i could wrong.
    Also, is the Slaughtered Lamb really as bad as they say?

Only been in the star during the day for food (delicious as ever) not sure what its like at night

Yes the slaughtered lamb is and almighty dive, full of scum, filthy dirty and always trouble in it.

Heres to hoping rumors of it closing are true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

I like Old Wrights and Old Boro.

There's always Tamangoes if you're stuck though! ;)

Advertisement